Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Bournemouth Official matchday Thread  (Read 39382 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 18:52:56 »

Now bring on monday and another game on telly here in Norway - so I can have another banter after the game come monday night  Cheesy

What channel is it on? I think I'll need to find a pub
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #271 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 18:53:14 »

First of all I will never start another thread again.... ever. Second of all, the fucker with the drum should be shot - apart from it being gay they are no respecter of fucking hangovers.
Now to the game, the ref was a complete cunt but actually less of one than our team. New year, new decade, same old Swindon. Bournemouth were shite and we were a lot worse. What the fuck was going on - lumping it up to Austin so he could knock it on to Huh?? Defensively we were fucking useless. The throw in to the front post did us twice. Their second goal was a disgrace how the hell can you let a lumpy lardy sack of shit have that much room. Didn't see the penalty.
Ritchie was taken a yard inside the box but not given.
The only 3 players I would give any credit to today are Smith, Prutton and Cuthbert - the latter being MOM for me. I'dl ike to see the penalty incident again but it loked to me like Smith came and didn't get the ball. Saying that you can't do much more than stop the resulting penatly and he did nothing else wrong. Prutton earned his money purely because he put a shift in - he was crap but at least ran.
Now the bad ones. JPM had an absolute shocker as did Caddis. Frampton was not very good today. Charlie was shite but is he now expected to play the target man and still knock them in. Ferry was dogshit but fucking hell going off for Timlin when we're 1-1 at home against a team of time wasting wankstains. Ball and Ritchie were both crap albeit they linked well for the goal. Theres' not a chance in hell I'd pay £150k for Ritchie - £250k for Noone looks pretty good value to me for the GayBoys.
Overall that was totally inept from start to finish. The majority of the players couldn't give a fuck and tactically we were useless. Has Wilson lost the dressing room because it looks it to me?
At this moment in time Wilson and his coaching staff can fuck right off as can all the players bar Austin, Cuthbert and Douglas. This team needs a total rebuild.
Now do I keep off the beer and do the sensible thing and get pissed again. I am fucking hugely fucking angry.

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #272 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 18:55:31 »

and another thing - I don't fucking trust Wilson on the transfer market in January. Look what he signed this year - Pericard, Rose, Dossevi, Ferry, Caddis - all of them utter fucking crap this season.
STFC-4-LIFE

« Reply #273 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 18:55:43 »

First of all I will never start another thread again.... ever. Second of all, the fucker with the drum should be shot - apart from it being gay they are no respecter of fucking hangovers.
Now to the game, the ref was a complete cunt but actually less of one than our team. New year, new decade, same old Swindon. Bournemouth were shite and we were a lot worse. What the fuck was going on - lumping it up to Austin so he could knock it on to Huh?? Defensively we were fucking useless. The throw in to the front post did us twice. Their second goal was a disgrace how the hell can you let a lumpy lardy sack of shit have that much room. Didn't see the penalty.
Ritchie was taken a yard inside the box but not given.
The only 3 players I would give any credit to today are Smith, Prutton and Cuthbert - the latter being MOM for me. I'dl ike to see the penalty incident again but it loked to me like Smith came and didn't get the ball. Saying that you can't do much more than stop the resulting penatly and he did nothing else wrong. Prutton earned his money purely because he put a shift in - he was crap but at least ran.
Now the bad ones. JPM had an absolute shocker as did Caddis. Frampton was not very good today. Charlie was shite but is he now expected to play the target man and still knock them in. Ferry was dogshit but fucking hell going off for Timlin when we're 1-1 at home against a team of time wasting wankstains. Ball and Ritchie were both crap albeit they linked well for the goal. Theres' not a chance in hell I'd pay £150k for Ritchie - £250k for Noone looks pretty good value to me for the GayBoys.
Overall that was totally inept from start to finish. The majority of the players couldn't give a fuck and tactically we were useless. Has Wilson lost the dressing room because it looks it to me?
At this moment in time Wilson and his coaching staff can fuck right off as can all the players bar Austin, Cuthbert and Douglas. This team needs a total rebuild.
Now do I keep off the beer and do the sensible thing and get pissed again. I am fucking hugely fucking angry.

I think he has hence he needs to go, How can Fitton keep backing this man? With the squad we have we should be doing so much better.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 18:56:32 »

Pericard was not the worst thing about todays performance. Nowhere near. He wasn't good, but there was so much more which was bad

Indeed, alot more things worth critiquing and moaning about today.

Give the bloke a medal.  It's taken him 6 months to realise what the majority of us identified a month into the season.

Some even earlier than that!
STFC-4-LIFE

« Reply #275 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 18:56:42 »

and another thing - I don't fucking trust Wilson on the transfer market in January. Look what he signed this year - Pericard, Rose, Dossevi, Ferry, Caddis - all of them utter fucking crap this season.

I couldn't agree more, Pericard and in particular Dossevi have been shocking signings, Plus he has hardly played Ferry this season until now and only because Douglas is suspended.

Then again maybe a better manager would get more out of them?
NorwayRed
Not quite Hitler

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 18:58:14 »

Oh, and NR, I admire the efforts you go to to follow Town, truly I do, but you can't seriously believe you can get a balanced view on an individual player's contribution from watching 3-4 mins of highlights every week and a couple of live (on the telly) games

Well I read match rapports and match treads on online newspapers, the official site and not at least the TEF!

Wouldn't you say that TEF gives me a balanced view on the individual players' contribution??   Hmmm TEF is brilliant, don't you agree?  Cheesy

On the serious note: If I were british and lived in Swindon I would of course watch every game possible, and not bother to follow the TEF Match Tread for the games. Now it's like that that I'm norwegian, live in Norway and happens to love a football team far away - now that won't stop me from airing my views although I of course know for a fact that I can't and don't have the first hand source material (watching games live week in, week out) that you guys have.

Ran the fanclub: Swindon Town Supporters Club of Norway between 1992 and 1998. Now runs the non-commercial online website for Norwegian Swindon-fans.

Twitter: duncanshearer
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 19:00:06 »

Last year, actually Smiley All of them, though, players we all thought would play well on the basis of reputation, past exploits and in Ferry's case of what we'd seen he could do. This is what worries me most - it's not the signings so much as we seem to be turning good players into indifferent/mediocre ones
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #278 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 19:01:35 »

so, that would be all of them then?

Grow up
NorwayRed
Not quite Hitler

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 19:03:47 »

What channel is it on? I think I'll need to find a pub

Happy new year, Sonic Youth! Enjoing Norway?

The match is on Sky sports 1HD, so you have to find a pub broadcasting that channel. If you are in the Lillestrom-area that is probably: Martins or RePUBlic.

There will be pubs in Oslo showing the game, look for a pub that has Sky Sports-membership. Not every sportspub has it.

Check this link for a full list of football pubs: http://www.fotballen.eu/Emner/pub.html

Ran the fanclub: Swindon Town Supporters Club of Norway between 1992 and 1998. Now runs the non-commercial online website for Norwegian Swindon-fans.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 19:04:34 »

ironic comment from a midget Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 19:05:26 »

Well I read match rapports and match treads on online newspapers, the official site and not at least the TEF!

Wouldn't you say that TEF gives me a balanced view on the individual players' contribution??   Hmmm TEF is brilliant, don't you agree?  Cheesy
No it's full of tossers like me who's opinion I wouldn't trust on the colour of their own pants.

On the serious note: If I were british and lived in Swindon I would of course watch every game possible, and not bother to follow the TEF Match Tread for the games. Now it's like that that I'm norwegian, live in Norway and happens to love a football team far away
Sure and I've already said I completely admire the effort you put in. Tremendous. But I don't think you can judge individual player's performances on the necessarily very small amount of exposure you are able to get
- now that won't stop me from airing my views although I of course know for a fact that I can't and don't have the first hand source material (watching games live week in, week out) that you guys have.
Nor should it. I go to about 30+ games a season and still trot out utter bilge on what I've just seen every week so your views deserve an airing as much as anyone else's.
STFC-4-LIFE

« Reply #282 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 19:05:40 »

Last year, actually Smiley All of them, though, players we all thought would play well on the basis of reputation, past exploits and in Ferry's case of what we'd seen he could do. This is what worries me most - it's not the signings so much as we seem to be turning good players into indifferent/mediocre ones

Agreed and that's down to Wilson.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #283 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 19:06:20 »

Last year, actually
Good point but my brain hasn't moved into this year yet. I left it in bed when I got up this morning. Its a shame I couldn't do the same with my guts and arse which have been volcanic today.
NorwayRed
Not quite Hitler

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 19:07:15 »

Stimson of Barnet has been sacked today as well.

I just went through the list of all the 92 league clubs. About 45 clubs have managers that have been at the club less then a year. Danny Wilson is in fact in the higher regions of the marathon table.

Only 12 of 92 clubs have managers that has been at the club for 4+ years!

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: