Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Bournemouth Official matchday Thread  (Read 39370 times)
flammableBen

« Reply #240 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 18:16:42 »

Finally, when asked whether he could get Swindon out of this mess, Wilson confidently replied that he had got the club out of a similar position when he was brought in 2 years ago.

That annoyed me a bit. Far to chirpy. I would have pointed out that his predecessor got sacked for getting us into that position.
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 18:16:51 »

TBH i thought the better team won today. Bournemouth worked hard for the ball and did a good job of closing our danger players down.

Charlie Boy was completely marked out the game as was Ritchie.  Prutton far better going forward than he did defensively but then that's the type of player he is.  I like Ferry but last 2 games he seems to be a passenger.

Not one of JPM's better games today his distribution was poor

Defensively we weren't great but i've seen us worse. Sheehan was a lucky boy today.  I think Frampton deserves another month at least.

Overall you reap what you sow and that is certainly the story to our season. I know it sounds pessimistic but i cant see us doing anything more than mid table with the current set of players but i'll be there as always giving the team my support
The_Plagiarist

« Reply #242 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 18:18:49 »

yeah something frustrating about listening to wilson after match interviews, he's almost asking all the same questions we are like why we can't boss the midfield etc, why we can't string three passes together, when those are the sort of questions he should be giving us the answers to surely!

it was good to hear fitton directly afterwards, as I thought it gave insight to the mood at the top, obviously they're not happy, but a hint of the bigger picture was a refreshing reality check.

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 18:21:00 »

what did fitton say?
NorwayRed
Not quite Hitler

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 18:22:20 »

No offence but the only comment you've made that is worth the internet space its going to be displayed in is the comment about Greer.

Ferry has been injured. Amankwaah has had a poor season but you've just conveniently ignored 40+ games from last season which you didnt even see.

....and if you've not seen Prutton more than twice I wouldnt judge either - again he's been hit and miss but you wouldnt know that.

I'm talking about this season, not the last season. Amankwaah was good 3/4 of last season, but still far away from Summerbee-class and a full back that I would love to see. I want Swindon to play hug the touchline, and Amankwaah's problem is positioning - mostly defensive. He's pretty good going forward.

But of course, I just bow to your Royal precense, Dave. You seem to know the answer to it all. Dave for manager!

Wilson out, Dave in!  Cheesy

Ran the fanclub: Swindon Town Supporters Club of Norway between 1992 and 1998. Now runs the non-commercial online website for Norwegian Swindon-fans.

Twitter: duncanshearer
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 18:22:36 »

yeah something frustrating about listening to wilson after match interviews, he's almost asking all the same questions we are like why we can't boss the midfield etc, why we can't string three passes together, when those are the sort of questions he should be giving us the answers to surely!
Yep, and he moaned about losing players - then why on earth hasn't he replaced them?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 18:23:45 »

Yep, and he moaned about losing players - then why on earth hasn't he replaced them?

That was the first thing I thought as well. Strange one that.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 18:25:34 »

That's the angriest I've got at a football game for some time. I'll try and put my thoughts down in some sort of logical babble

- Untill Bournmouth scored They looked one of the best teams i've seen this season. Then they got the penalty, for what I really do not know, and sort of sat back. If they'd have kept going they could've cruised it.
- The goal woke us up and for the rest of the half we were the better side without really creating that many chances. Goal was a nice bit of link up play between bell and ritchie. The best thing Ball did all day. He looked off the pace which is too be expected; his loan must be up soon, doubt we'll see him in a town shirt again.
- Second half began, both teams hussled and bustled but not really that much quality on show. Then there was a ten minute spell where it really looked like it was going to boil over - the ref really lost control. Typified by the sheehan incident, when It happened i thought sheehan was off, but it looked to my eyes as if the bournmouth player had lashed out first. So for sheehan to get a yellow and the bournmouth lad to not even get spoken too was strange. The ref had a very poor game for both sides.
- Pericard came on for ball, ran around like a madman for five minutes. Had our solitary chance on target of the half, denied only by a good save by their keeper.

Now, this is the bit where I begin to lose it. Timlin comes on for Ferry. What. The. Fuck. Mr Wilson, what on earth are you trying to achieve with this substitution. Ferry didn't look injured, and Timlin is dire. A league two player, who should be nowhere near our team.

Bournmouth have a 5 minute spell inside our half, culminating in a goal. Decent finish by their bloke, though he should NEVER have been allowed to get away with it. We didn't clear it, and nobody got close to him. He could have turned and saved himself the acrobatics if he'd have bothered.

There's about 10-15 minutes left at this point. We continue playing the same tired system, with the same tired players holding the same areas of the pitch. Forgive me for resorting to Caps Lock, BUT IT HASN'T FUCKING WORKED SO FAR, SO WHY THE FUCK WILL IT WORK NOW. Didn't try anything. We persisted with the flat back four, with timlin and prutton so deep they may aswell have been holding Smiths hand. We tried nothing. No attempts to switch to three at the back. No attempts to 'Do a Kingy' and lump the big players up there to win a header. Nothing. We just laboured along, banging our head against the wall. Bournmouth we're laughing.

This is my biggest gripe with wilson. For one reason or another he cannot, or will not, change the team during the match. He's so tactically naiive as to be embarrising. He appears to have lost the ability to motivate the players. Bournmouth went two one up not because they were outplaying us (both teams were trudging along not really doing anything of note), they won it because they wanted it more. Our players look as if they don't care. Austin is, pardon the pun, turning into a big time charlie. His histrionics today were laughable and he should be ashamed of himself. The only player who looked decent today, who actually looked as if he gave a crap, was Frampton. The rest should be ashamed.

One thing is clear - playing like we are, our attempts at slick passing football, are not working. Teams have us sussed, and have done in all honesty since last April. We need a change in approach, be that mental or tactical, and I do not believe at this stage of his career wilson has that in him.

Things get better but they never get good
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 18:25:49 »

what did fitton say?
- League is tight - Top teams haven't pulled away like previous years
- Need to average 2 points per game to get promoted
- Our run last year started on Boxing Day. We need to start averaging 3 points per game
- Ritchie to become a permanent signing
- Frampton to extend loan: Not buying on strength of only 2-3 games
- Wembley last year was a high and low point
- Charlton 1st leg was highest point last year

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 18:26:01 »

Fuck me, that's a lot of words

Things get better but they never get good
NorwayRed
Not quite Hitler

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 18:26:32 »

I doubt Fitton will be happy with Wilson moaning for losing players. I can only think of Greer that has been a significent loss from our permanent squad last season, and if the truth is to be found on TEF it was Fitton's idea to accept the bid from Brighton.

Hence: Wilson is not happy with Fitton

Ran the fanclub: Swindon Town Supporters Club of Norway between 1992 and 1998. Now runs the non-commercial online website for Norwegian Swindon-fans.

Twitter: duncanshearer
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 18:26:44 »

i thought a draw would have been fair. we didn't create too much which was disappointing.

i think the ref was utterly useless. i can't see how a penalty was given to bournemouth and how we didn't get one.
pearce and the other centreback spend most of the game on austin's shoulders but let them get away with it.
sheehan is either a fucking idiot or a clever man. he either lost his cool or knew the ref's a fucking spastic and took advantage of the situation

i don't think that we can better wilson with regard to stature or history but on the current form i think maybe trying out someone like bmuff did with Howe might be a good idea.

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 18:26:55 »

I'm talking about this season, not the last season. Amankwaah was good 3/4 of last season, but still far away from Summerbee-class and a full back that I would love to see. I want Swindon to play hug the touchline, and Amankwaah's problem is positioning - mostly defensive. He's pretty good going forward.

But of course, I just bow to your Royal precense, Dave. You seem to know the answer to it all. Dave for manager!

Wilson out, Dave in!  Cheesy

We play in L1 now - none of the right backs are going to be Summerbee class. Amankwaah was good all of last season, apart from Wembley - he even played through alot of games injured last season and still played well.

Its not royal presence, just presence - I must have seen (using Amankwaah as the example) him play about 50-60 games for us. I think your assumptions on 3 or 4 games are wrong.

....and yes, I should be manager.
Morgan Freeman

People enjoy the sound of my voice

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 18:27:07 »

For those who wonder why the town never come back from behind it's becoming increasingly obvious now. As soon as Bournemouth went 1-up there seemed to be a bit of urgency around the Swindon players which wasn't there at the start of the match. The equalizer comes and the momentun goes. It's almost like the players think they are in a "safe-zone" and deem in unnecesary to push on for a goal to go ahead.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #254 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 18:27:38 »

He has but with higher paid worse players. Also i would prefer him not to play players just to prove a point to there parents clubs(ball)
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: