Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Bournemouth Official matchday Thread  (Read 39361 times)
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 17:50:44 »

With the penalty they had two players on hand to tap the ball in, where the fuck were our players?

Thats exactly what we said too.  Smithy does his bit by saving it and then his team mates are just standing around expecting it to be scored first time.  No movement, no nothing and by the time it was too late, they had scored from the rebound.

Those idiots texting the radio saying Smith was crap need to seriously think twice before being allowed a mobile phone.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 17:52:00 »

Wilson on the radio just then: "we're making progress"   

He has lost the plot.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 17:52:16 »

I've not read any of this thread yet, but here's my thoughts...

Phil Smith actually didn't have too much to do today. I couldn't tell whether or not it was a penalty, but he perhaps could have done beter. As for the second, you have to ask why he had the time to pull that effort off having mis-controlled.

Sheehan had a decent game. Cuthbert pleyd ok. Caddis didn't impress me hugely today. As a unit, the defence wasn't great. BUT I would lay the blame more with the midfield who let Bournemouth come at us again and again. Prutton and Ferry were absent throughout, JPM kept giving it away and Ritchie struggled to deal with being marked tightly. Austin was marked out of the game, Ball was kept quiet. In fact, I think Pericard coming on would have helped if the rest of the team were at the races. He was holding it up, playing people in and forced their keeper into a decent save when Caddis crossed.

The ref was poor. As I've said I couldn't see the penalty decision, but I'm not quite sure how their bloke got away with the arm/elbow in Austin's face. Also, the free kick given when Ritchie was fouled by the Town End was just inside the box. I think the big turning point of the match was when he let them get away with Austin incident. After that the ref had no control, our players lost the plot a bit (Charlie especially), and we seemed to lose our way.

Interesting to hear Wilson say this year's problems have come from losing key players (finally). Sounds like he's looking to bring people in now, having recognised the gaping holes. The next tow games will be huge - if we can get any points out of them then great. The real test will be the 3 games after that. We need to win 3 of the next 5 and it's not going to be easy. Hopefully Danny can get in the 3-4 players we need, otherwise 15th will be the best we can hope for.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 17:55:34 »

Amankwaah is injured now, but has been clueless the games I've seen him. Vs. both Bristol Rovers and Crawley on telly he was AWFUL! He can't position himself right. We need a new Nicky Summerbee at full back!

Oh, and of course I don't compare players to Premier League-names. When I say mediocre I mean mediocre compared to players at the level we are playing. Prutton has been mediocre this season. Austin is top class at this level. So are a few of our other players. The thought that comes to mind - is he here for the money or does he really wants to play football? He's been sent off twice and doesn't seem to bother at times...

We shouldn't have sold Greer anyway. That was the start of this downfall - and of course the fact that Wilson has just one idea of play, although he's tried different formations.

My main question to Wilson would be: Why Simon Ferry hasn't figured a lot this season, he was instrumental last season?

No offence but the only comment you've made that is worth the internet space its going to be displayed in is the comment about Greer.

Ferry has been injured. Amankwaah has had a poor season but you've just conveniently ignored 40+ games from last season which you didnt even see.

....and if you've not seen Prutton more than twice I wouldnt judge either - again he's been hit and miss but you wouldnt know that.
flammableBen

« Reply #229 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 18:01:36 »

A summary would be appreciated when it finishes (please) Smiley

Errr. I've forgotten it all already. It was quite long.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 18:05:09 »

A summary would be appreciated when it finishes (please) Smiley

Wilson;Inconsistent,Smith should have caught the ball rather than punch before the pen,lost too many good players from last season,too nervous on the ball,poor decisions when in possession,hopefully Ritchie will be a Town player,not too hopeful of keeping Austin,confident of turning it around.
Fitton;leading teams are not too far ahead,not desperate for players,hopefully getting Man Utd players on loan(??!!)must get players out on loan(no names!)Ritchie WILL be a Town player,Wilson WILL stay.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 18:07:53 »

Wilson;Inconsistent,Smith should have caught the ball rather than punch before the pen,lost too many good players from last season,too nervous on the ball,poor decisions when in possession,hopefully Ritchie will be a Town player,not too hopeful of keeping Austin,confident of turning it around.
Fitton;leading teams are not too far ahead,not desperate for players,hopefully getting Man Utd players on loan(??!!)must get players out on loan(no names!)Ritchie WILL be a Town player,Wilson WILL stay.

Doesn't sound too promising.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #232 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 18:08:46 »

Thanks adje.

Interesting points.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 18:09:20 »

Errr. I've forgotten it all already. It was quite long.
Pretty boring and predictable:
- Team inconsistent
- Baffled by inconsistency
- Monday is a big game
- Would like Ritchie to stay
- Intimated that Ball would have fitted in last year in a confident team, but is not the type of player needed this year
- Again intimated that any signings were likely not to 'exciting ones' but more likely to be solid players who knew their limitations and jobs on the pitch.
- Talked about poor decision making and not dealing with balls in the box
- Talked about not creating much
- No change on Austin. They want Austin to stay and Wilson wants to find someone to play alongside him.

Think that was about it.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
The_Plagiarist

« Reply #234 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 18:09:57 »

Fitton is a sensible chap, balanced head with a shrewd business view of everything.
He sounds firmly behind Wilson (not in the vote of confidence sense either)

That was fucking dire today, but the man at the top has the club's best interests at heart, and the bigger picture in constant view, for the first time I can remember. Keep the faith.  Eat
flammableBen

« Reply #235 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 18:10:36 »

yeah pretty forgettable. I just remembered him admitting that he's not bulletproof.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 18:13:16 »

it was basically the same thing Wilson says after every defeat
flammableBen

« Reply #237 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 18:13:40 »

I miss King.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #238 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 18:14:31 »

yeah pretty forgettable. I just remembered him admitting that he's not bulletproof.

Batfink for manager
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 18:15:10 »

The 'not too hopeful of keeping Austin' was said more in the context of:

We'd like Austin to stay. We don't want him to go. But the more that he scores the harder it is to keep hold of him. The club has lost 3 stikers in the last couple of years, which are not easy to replace. The club position is that they are trying to keep him and have offered a contract extension that is with him. Ideally they would like to keep him and find someone to partner him.

Finally, when asked whether he could get Swindon out of this mess, Wilson confidently replied that he had got the club out of a similar position when he was brought in 2 years ago.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: