Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Bournemouth Official matchday Thread  (Read 39366 times)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #210 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 17:42:46 »

I'm not the power, just an annoying cunt.

It wasn't in reference to your comments santasdead. Just his defence of slating our players on the basis of highlights and the occasional televised match.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 17:44:14 »

What are you going to have at pizza hut?

pizza.  assuming the 12 year olds on duty can be fucked to do their job before 2012.

I thought Cuthbert and prutton were  our best players.
flammableBen

« Reply #212 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 17:44:17 »

Wilson still not out for the interview.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 17:44:41 »

Fuck that, i don't go to matches. I just don't understand why you would come on here and make comments on players when you have only seen them less than a handfull of times - the Amankwaah comment is ridiculous anyway. He's been injured. Yes, he probably is a mediocre Johnson but i though this was league one all the players will be mediocre compared to others from the Prem. Austin is a mediocre Torres. Ferry, a mediocre Parker. I'm not even going to comment on whether Prutton is worth his wages cause i've only seen him once or twice (probably the same games you have actually) but with the lack of experience in the team when he signed i tihnk it was probably necessary - should gone for an experience centre back though.

Bollocks to that-Austin is better than Torres!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 17:44:42 »

Bollocks. We need a new manager that can get them playing not new players.

In my opinion we still need some players. Strikers aren't good enough. We lack depth in midfield and defensive options. However also in my opinion it's time for Fitton to back Wilson in the window and give him some scope for the new players (e.g. cash or extra wages) or it's time for Fitton to sack him. What's the point in carrying on without backing him?
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 17:45:35 »

We were bloody woeful today.  Bournemouth are certainly not the best side we're going to see here this season either, however it was clear from the off which team wanted it more.  They fought for everything, out battled us completely and made us look shambolic and lazy - which we undoubtedly were.

There are some serious problems there and I certainly wouldn't rule out a relegation dog fight.  The discipline was poor today.  Charlie in my opinion behaved like an absolute drama queen too.

What a depressing start to 2011.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #216 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 17:45:57 »

Oh dear, season over now as far as I'm concerned
adje

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 17:46:12 »

Danny on now

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
santasdead

« Reply #218 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 17:46:21 »

It wasn't in reference to your comments santasdead. Just his defence of slating our players on the basis of highlights and the occasional televised match.

Yay, so im not the only one who thinks the comments are slightly unjustified - Even if they are the truth.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 17:47:09 »

fittons decision.in hindsight the wrong one

no fucking hindsight about it.

Anyway, that was never ever a penalty against us in a million years. Absolutely piss poor officiating. He should be shot for being so shit. For a while I thought he had genuinly given handball against Phil Smith.

We were against it from the off added to us being pretty shit anyway.

Then the subs, fucking hell.

...and Sheehan is a lucky boy, should have gone.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 17:47:33 »

The biggest problem for me today was the basics.

Every time we had a throw in there was no movement and more often than not we lost the ball. Every time they had a throw in there was fuck all marking and they ended up with possession.

We were shit on pretty much every one of our corners. I've nothing against short corners but there never appears to be any plan, they just take it short and then realise they don't know what to do next.

I lost count of the number of times we just aimlessly hit the ball up the pitch and lost possession as a result. We'd win the ball back then do it again, then win the ball back and do it again.

With the penalty they had two players on hand to tap the ball in, where the fuck were our players?

None of this is rocket science, yet it seems to all go over Wilson's head. We've got no chance of promotion when we can't even take a fucking throw in or a corner kick without fucking it up and these are all problems that Wilson should be dealing with.
NorwayRed
Not quite Hitler

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 17:48:29 »

Fuck that, i don't go to matches. I just don't understand why you would come on here and make comments on players when you have only seen them less than a handfull of times - the Amankwaah comment is ridiculous anyway. He's been injured. Yes, he probably is a mediocre Johnson but i though this was league one all the players will be mediocre compared to others from the Prem. Austin is a mediocre Torres. Ferry, a mediocre Parker. I'm not even going to comment on whether Prutton is worth his wages cause i've only seen him once or twice (probably the same games you have actually) but with the lack of experience in the team when he signed i tihnk it was probably necessary - should gone for an experience centre back though.

Amankwaah is injured now, but has been clueless the games I've seen him. Vs. both Bristol Rovers and Crawley on telly he was AWFUL! He can't position himself right. We need a new Nicky Summerbee at full back!

Oh, and of course I don't compare players to Premier League-names. When I say mediocre I mean mediocre compared to players at the level we are playing. Prutton has been mediocre this season. Austin is top class at this level. So are a few of our other players. The thought that comes to mind - is he here for the money or does he really wants to play football? He's been sent off twice and doesn't seem to bother at times...

We shouldn't have sold Greer anyway. That was the start of this downfall - and of course the fact that Wilson has just one idea of play, although he's tried different formations.

My main question to Wilson would be: Why Simon Ferry hasn't figured a lot this season, he was instrumental last season?

Ran the fanclub: Swindon Town Supporters Club of Norway between 1992 and 1998. Now runs the non-commercial online website for Norwegian Swindon-fans.

Twitter: duncanshearer
Rich Pullen

« Reply #222 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 17:49:53 »

Danny on now

A summary would be appreciated when it finishes (please) Smiley
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #223 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 17:49:55 »

Amankwaah has not been the same player this season, like so many of them.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 17:50:37 »

In my opinion we still need some players. Strikers aren't good enough. We lack depth in midfield and defensive options. However also in my opinion it's time for Fitton to back Wilson in the window and give him some scope for the new players (e.g. cash or extra wages) or it's time for Fitton to sack him. What's the point in carrying on without backing him?

Maybe we need some extra players but we're not desperately short in any position.

Don't see any point in giving Wilson money to spend. Every single player we have he signed, he can't get them playing well so why would it be any different with further signings?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: