Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Brentford Official Matchday Thread  (Read 30501 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Sunday, August 22, 2010, 11:35:38 »

I didn't hear any negativity towards Pericard around me yesterday, was very pleasantly surprised... as others have said, he just needs to get off that duck.

leefer

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Sunday, August 22, 2010, 11:45:50 »

Whilst I know your post has an element of tongue-in-cheek about it, I've no doubt Caddis will be a quality player for us but it didn't happen for him yesterday.

Agreed though he showed in the second half he could become a good player.
We are desperate for another out and out striker that is so obvious.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Sunday, August 22, 2010, 12:38:58 »

Really!? Point taken on the Carlisle game. Ok, we didn't solidify ourselves as PO contenders until later on. No panic stations. There is a slight cause for concern, but I shall be keeping the faith.

You're right to keep chilled out....finding a team is a bit of a hit and miss thing, take Danny Williams, it took him 3 years to end up with the LC winning side.  He needed to add bits on season by season.  These days you don't get that time, but we're not too far away. Wilson knows his trade and a bit more wheeling dealing and tinkering should at least give us a competitive side.

ISOB draws are useful as long as you win about half the fixtures....23 wins + some draws is going to put you in the mix....
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #273 on: Sunday, August 22, 2010, 14:03:45 »

I'm a town fan but it doesn't mean I would be any good on the radio. I just want to know what is happening in a game without having to work it out from crowd cheers, groans.

To that extent I'd rather have an outside like Hadwin who can do the job than an excitable Town fan that can't.

Sorry, Vic.

Absolutely spot on Batch, Vic is a very very poor commentator I am afraid to say who doesnt put over what is happening on the pitch and sometimes makes us think that we have scored a goal when in fact we havent, which is infuriating when listening to the radio.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Sunday, August 22, 2010, 15:18:21 »

Yes, I was only thinking earlier..."I miss Ed" Crying

Sorry Vic. You're a true fan and I wouldn't mind betting you're a top bloke but when you're commentating on the Town you get right on my tits.
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Sunday, August 22, 2010, 15:38:33 »

So that'd make you, what, O 57? I'm O 59, although due to forgetting my season ticket today and having to buy a replacement (which was for K81 or something) the stewards wouldn't let me in to that part of the town end. Until I snuck in, like a ninja.

um, none of the above I am afraid. I am not a season ticket holder and just go wherever there is a space. I know Dave S from playiong fotty with him a few years back.
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Sunday, August 22, 2010, 15:41:33 »

And two other things; agree with the comments earlier about Austin, particulary towards the end he was winning absolutely everything in the air. His support play is fantastic.

As for AOB, I dunno what is is, but he just doesnt look like a footballer to me, he runs funny. He looks more like a sprinter.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Sunday, August 22, 2010, 16:34:55 »

You're right to keep chilled out....

This of course applies to life in general, not just STFC. It's not always easy mind. You have to work at it Cool
Barry Scott

« Reply #278 on: Sunday, August 22, 2010, 17:22:23 »

I didn't hear any negativity towards Pericard around me yesterday, was very pleasantly surprised... as others have said, he just needs to get off that duck.

Yeah, I raised an eyebrow or 2 when I heard the positive response to him coming on and some appreciative clapping. I was even more surprised when townenders sung his name. It made me all gooey inside.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #279 on: Sunday, August 22, 2010, 17:35:11 »

Thank Crispy for starting that one.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Sunday, August 22, 2010, 18:36:12 »

Thank Crispy for starting that one.

I thought it was spacey?

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Sunday, August 22, 2010, 19:04:36 »

Pah. I started one down our side. I could hear the dull din of booing from somewhere though.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Sunday, August 22, 2010, 19:04:47 »

I thought it was spacey?

I was told he was spacey! Leave me alone!  Crying Crying

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Sunday, August 22, 2010, 19:22:19 »

You thought you were spacey?

Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Sunday, August 22, 2010, 19:40:58 »

No, i thought jayohaitchenn was spacey.  Doh

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: