Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC -vs- Norwich City FC Official matchday Thread  (Read 52206 times)
santasdead

« Reply #360 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 22:00:13 »

Hartlepool beat us at CG.

I know, but they were the second worst side i've seen this season. The worst being Tranmere against them. If they can be that bad next week then we should have no worries - the defence was all over the place, and this time we have Ward. They didn't like any pace or width that was thrown at them.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 22:01:34 »

I don't understand how anyone can grumble with Wilson's subs? He makes them when we're 1-0 down and we come back to draw 1-1 in the last minute. So surely the subs worked?
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 22:01:56 »

Austin never touched their keeper, the defender clattered the keeper.

The other thing about that incident is that the ref never gave a free kick for it and just played on. As a result of the handbags by the time he finally released it their keeper had been holding the ball for way longer than the allowed six seconds (probably 15 or more). So surely a free kick to us?
Panda Paws

« Reply #363 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 22:04:40 »

The other thing about that incident is that the ref never gave a free kick for it and just played on. As a result of the handbags by the time he finally released it their keeper had been holding the ball for way longer than the allowed six seconds (probably 15 or more). So surely a free kick to us?

Really? How many times do people cry for ref's to show common sense?
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 22:05:57 »

The ref was poor, but others might have penalised Smith for picking up two 'back passes'  You're talking crap again.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 22:32:15 »

Really? How many times do people cry for ref's to show common sense?

The directive on the six second rule is to only apply it when a keeper is obviously wasting time.  A ref giving a free kick for 6.5 seconds or for longer as an isolated incident will be assessed as being a total wanker.
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 22:43:04 by Crozzer » Logged
Panda Paws

« Reply #366 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 22:46:40 »

The directive on the six second rule is to only apply it when a keeper is obviously wasting time.  A ref giving a free kick for 6.5 seconds or for longer as an isolated incident will be assessed as being a total wanker.

Maybe I came across wrong, I totally agree Crozzer and was saying it would be fucking stupid for a ref to blow up in the situation described
One F In Fitton

« Reply #367 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 23:10:53 »

Christ, good job she's got the cooking to fall back on then, can't see that being much of an earner

It would be like putting your hand in a butcher's dustbin.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 23:28:27 »

I've never celebrated a goal like that before, it was amazing. Bodies went flying everywhere, my shins are bloodied and bruised, there was jumping, hugging and all sorts involved. The rush of euphoria was incredible.

One of my top football moments and one that I think speaks volumes about the season we're having.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
STFCere

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 23:49:21 »

I've never celebrated a goal like that before, it was amazing. Bodies went flying everywhere, my shins are bloodied and bruised, there was jumping, hugging and all sorts involved. The rush of euphoria was incredible.

One of my top football moments and one that I think speaks volumes about the season we're having.

just like austins goal at southampton !!!!

wot a time to be a swindon fan.

whatever the conclusion will be, what a season we have had. WILSON IS GOD

ing on Sabin: "He's the new Thierry Henry"

Gazza on life in China: "I'm enjoying every day. I've tried everything: duck's head, chicken's head, chicken's feet and bats and hopefully, if I keep that up, I'll be flying."

'The first 90 minutes are the most important.' - Bobby Robson
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 23:50:03 »

Yep.  I was jumping around like a fucking maniac.  Complete euphoria.  

Never knowingly overstated.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 00:16:57 »

todays last second goal was my best moment of the season followed by soton and then leeds. my dad says this is some of the best football he has seen us play since before the premiership as i was too young then all i can say is this is my best season in 17years. even though i enjoyed the season we won this league but since that was with that fucker mcmahon it doesnt even come close to this season.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 00:23:04 »

One final point, There only 1 Gordon Ramsey was a good chant.

Never knowingly overstated.
Arnold.J.Rimmer

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 00:25:05 »

absolutely loved that goal too. still buzzing.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 00:29:34 »

just saw the goals on bbc and smith did hesitate to come for the ball.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: