Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC -vs- Norwich City FC Official matchday Thread  (Read 52203 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 20:32:56 »

I thought first contact was outside the box and Nelson got the ball.

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 20:33:57 »

i thought our crowd had the blinkers on alot of the time.
nouble went down too easily and marshall dived.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 20:35:08 »

On the radio Wilson also said he thought it was a pen.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #348 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 20:53:49 »

I thuoght it was a game where 2 very good sides cancelled each other out. If you had to pick a winner on points, it would have been us. For their goal, it looked like Smith started coming and stopped but I could be wrong. I thuoght the Nouble incident in the first half was a quality tackle from their guy. The 1st half was fairly even but I thuoght we had much the better of the 2nd. There were certainly a couple of decent penatly appeals and the ref completely lost it in the 2nd as I did when their keeper and defender went down like sacks of shit trying to get Austin booked / sent off when he touched neiher - the wankers clattered each other.
I thought Greer and JLF were superb, as was Darby. I'm prepared to be shot down in flames but apart from free kicks, I'm not impressed with Sheehan. Positionally he's dodgy and JFL did a fair amount of covering for him. I also think he doesn't get the ball up the flank quick enough - unlike JFL. Douglas was very hit and miss, some of his passing was bad. JPM chased and harried for everything and was decent. Easton did OK but desereved his yellow. Ward was excellent - he will be some player. Nouble is interesting - he's like a professional Onion Bhaji. Austin put a decent shift in but he was well marked.
Its easy to see why Norwich are top, they are a quality side - as are we. Great header by Greer. 
santasdead

« Reply #349 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 20:58:19 »

Good point today. 7 from 9 is more than I expected!

After watching the Tranmere v Hartlepool game yesterday, we should be able to see both them off with relative ease - They are both absolutely crap. Three points next week please.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 21:01:22 »

Good point today. 7 from 9 is more than I expected!

After watching the Tranmere v Hartlepool game yesterday, we should be able to see both them off with relative ease - They are both absolutely crap. Three points next week please.

Hartlepool beat us at CG.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 21:02:05 »

yes but only because i was VIP
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 21:04:50 »

And that cunt Monkhouse scored.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 21:12:56 »

http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/2044160/ShowPost.aspx

Norwich fans even said the ref was pants as well.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 21:32:11 »

http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/2044160/ShowPost.aspx

Norwich fans even said the ref was pants as well.

Yeah, and all agree that it was a foul (if not a pen)
Panda Paws

« Reply #355 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 21:50:41 »

Can't imagine I've got anything new to add but here's my 2 pence.

Firstly DW was right to take Austin off. He was tired, but more importantly, he was completely ineffective. Their 2 CBs completely dominated him, and we needed an experienced unit to go and front Doherty up, and Pericard won us alot of ball and set pieces.

Weren't particularly impressed with them, although that may be down to us stopping them playing and vise versa. Their 2 CBs completed dominated, and some may say dirty, some may say oodles of experience!

A couple of people have said they are a very good football team, I massively disagree. They played ugly football, with Doherty, Nelson and Holt they look to win the ball and hoof it to fatboy. That may be because we set up to keep Lappin and Hoolahan quiet, or it might just be how Paul Lambert plays. Holt looks like another Lambert, and will struggle in the Champ with no pace.

Nouble looked strong and quick and will only improve. He won a lot of possesion with his work-rate and pace, forcing their back-line to go long or into touch. Got annoyed by a few people behind me slagging him off after 10 mins, not picking faults, just outright saying he's shit and they can see why west ham got rid (to which I explained the fact he had a 5 year deal and is very highly rated, and it might just be worth giving him a chance)

Regarding pens. Nouble I couldn't see. Marshall dived. Dougie was kicked in the face though, and for me it's a pen. Some may say high foot and an indirect fk, but that's only if there's no contact. You can't kick someone in the head!

Their keeper was class, their fans were shit, our fans weren't great.

Overall, they're a big ugly side, both teams stopped the other playing as a priority and a draw was fair.

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 21:54:46 »

Spot on Panda!

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
ReadytoGo

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 21:55:50 »

Nouble is interesting - he's like a professional Onion Bhaji.

Really enjoying the football at the moment.

Yes thought the same thing - Nouble is the new Fola, takes the ball through about five players beating them and himself and then gets it back ala Carlton Palmer. Bit of pace there, but looked like he wanted the penalty too much rather than advancing  on goal.

There are players all round the pitch I enjoy watching. Bravo the Town.

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 21:59:28 »

why can't we fill the ground?
we had the top side in the league in town today and we are right up there.
the club and team can do no more.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 21:59:55 »

regarding austin being substituted nearly every week, i always assumed that as he didn't have a "proper" pre-season, wilson was just protecting him so he's fit for the full season.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: