Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC -vs- Norwich City FC Official matchday Thread  (Read 52203 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 19:00:53 »

yeah, let them get on with it.

I dont care.
cib

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 19:01:21 »

we talk about Leeds way too much.

and you love it.

Equally they talk about us too much. But football fans are football fans, competition breeds opinions and these will get aired in some way. At least we're talking about Leeds as competition, not Wycombe/Exeter/Stockport et. al.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 19:03:51 »

and you love it.

Equally they talk about us too much. But football fans are football fans, competition breeds opinions and these will get aired in some way. At least we're talking about Leeds as competition, not Wycombe/Exeter/Stockport et. al.
nice signature.
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 19:04:44 »

All our chances happened after the subs. They had an impact.

The people who booed Pericard before he'd even kicked a ball were wankers. I told them as much.

Yeah i completely agee booing Pericard was disgraceful by some of our so called fans.  I thought he did alright when he came on.  Lecs was outstanding at centreback as was Greer.

I like the look of Darby & Nouble i think both add something extra to an already decent team.

Does anyone know what Lambert was having a go at the officials about at the end?
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 19:08:26 »

best game greer has had in a town shirt and he deserved his goal so he was my mom with douglas a close 2nd....happy with a point overall although we didn't take the game to them as much as I would have liked in the first 20mins....sheehan needs to work on his delivery at the CG altho he did save his best delivery of the day until 93+mins :-)......austin had to do too much defending with nouble often looking on in my opinion which is why he probably looked fucked...would have told nouble to play on doherty's shoulder as he clearly had him for pace.....as for the kick to the head dougie received, my passion as a town fan took over and being honest would say dougie was stoopin a bit so no pen for me with hindsight....lastly and most disappointing of all was the atmosphere, although maybe following tues night, my expectations may have been a little high!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 19:09:09 »

Does anyone know what Lambert was having a go at the officials about at the end?
"Is that all we get for a 500 quid bung? 1 fucking point?"
lambourn red

« Reply #306 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 19:11:02 »

Yeah i completely agee booing Pericard was disgraceful by some of our so called fans.  

I dont think people were booing at Pericard just the fact we were taking a striker off when losing at home rather than gambling and bringing on Pericard for a midfielder or defender and going for it.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 19:11:08 »

Not sure what to make of Nouble yet, his first touch seemed bloody awful. The ref was dire today I thought. He let way too much go.

As for Norwich, rubbish fans really. Hardly sang at all which is terrible considering their top of the league with nearly 3,000 of them there. Did anyone see the fat kid with his shirt off showing some cracking man boobs ? Cheesy

Norwich are a great footballing side though and very hard to break down. Probably the best team I've seen this season.

I'm happy with the point which we deserved. I also enjoyed taunting the turkey fuckers when the goal went it!
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 19:11:23 »

Draw a fair result but I won't be taking any shit from Naaaar fans thinking they are a different class to us - I thought Southampton caused us many more problems than they did.  Greer hardly put a foot wrong, LJF again impressed at CB and I agree with Wardy getting MoM.  Both home and away Norwich's central defence has pretty much snuffed out most of our attacking threat - by fair means or foul.  One thing I noticed today was how brilliant Charlie's first touch is. Hopefully Nouble will be an asset once he gets into the pace of things in League 1 and starts to look for the right pass instead of dribbling round everyone.  Only thing that puzzled me a bit was JP and Darby who seemed to be dragged out of position on more times than just the cross which led to Fatso scoring.  
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 19:11:50 »

The kick on Douglas wasnt a penalty, we should know probably better than most that high foot in the box is an indirect free kick.

Although the refs dont always know this.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 19:18:09 »

The kick on Douglas wasnt a penalty, we should know probably better than most that high foot in the box is an indirect free kick. Although the refs dont always know this.

Doesn't it depend on whether the ref views it as dangerous play rather than a high foot? Seeing as he made contact and took Douglas down I'd say it would be a penalty rather than an indirect. But I'm guessing the ref didn't see it, as if he had even if it wasn't a penalty a head injury means the game gets stopped immediately and he didn't.

I thought the Nouble shout in the first half was stronger. Though even if it wasn't a penalty it should have been a free kick outside the box as their defender was all over him and pulling him back.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #311 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 19:18:35 »

I dont think people were booing at Pericard just the fact we were taking a striker off when losing at home rather than gambling and bringing on Pericard for a midfielder or defender and going for it.

But the booing continued as he entered the field of play. How great he must have felt. Wankers.

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 19:26:58 »

i dont think the subs made any real impact at all.none of the withdrawn players should have been imo.
austin looked as sharp as i've seen him.easton had a very good game and was always available.and nouble scared the shit out of norwich's back line.
we drew inspite of the changes, not because of them.
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 19:38:42 by arriba » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 19:28:32 »

Pericard had more of an impact than Nouble.

Nouble wanted too many touches and too much time on the ball. Although, I do think the main change was the formation change and finally playing with wingers.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 19:29:37 »

Agree with most points about today's games but just wanted to point out a few things that wound me up.

The Ref was the most bias wanker we have seen all season even though thankfully it didn't affect the result.  I actually lobbed a cup of coffee in the air in disgust when he did nothing about the Doherty challenge on Ward.

Some of our fans are a disgrace.  Either booing Pericard coming on, when he has played about 2 hours of football for us, or booing Austin going off when he was obviously knackered, had done fuck all second half and Norwich had him sewn up.  I know he has done well for us but that doesn't mean he should play no matter what.  It was the right decision and those that were slagging Pericard off around me should fuck off and support supermarine. Wankers!

And last but not least, I sit in the front row of the DRS!  What the fuck are the tin roofs all about?  Obstructed my and my kids view, rain dripping off the stand roof splashing me in the face for 2 hours, and take twice as long to get out of the ground now and is surely a hazard in event of an evacuation, not to mention people sitting under them jumping up and whacking their heads when we scored..  Fucking stupid idea.  If it would have been the perspex curved covers as in the front of the arkells then maybe, but to stick them up with out even asking ST holders what they think is a joke. 

Great result though, would have bit your arm off before the game.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: