Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC -vs- Norwich City FC Official matchday Thread  (Read 52203 times)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 17:18:12 »

How great is it that after losing Cuthbert LFJ has come in and done well against two decent sides?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 17:25:07 »

How great is it that after losing Cuthbert LFJ has come in and done well against two decent sides?
So, do you drop him if Cuthbert is fit next week?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 17:25:17 »

Just got back was a really good game we deserved a point. norwich never really looked that good then they scored on the break and mr lardo holt put the header in i cudnt tell from my angle if smith should have come for the cross. ward played outstanding today everytime he got the ball at his feet he put norwich under pressure and could of had a hat-trick well deserved MOTM. dougie did his job as he usually does. then in the last minutes sheehan nearly scored from a free-lick which was well saved by the keeper considering he was going the other way and then dougie hit a shot from outside the area that was tipped over the bar which resulted in the corner which we scored from. for me it was greer's best game of the season and LJF played great aswell.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 17:27:00 »

oh yeah did anyone else notice words exchanged between sheehan and marshall just after marshall came on.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 17:28:06 »

Why's there no Mark O'Donnell facebook page action today?
He's at his grandad's funeral apparently.
flammableBen

« Reply #245 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 17:28:24 »

ahh. fair enough.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 17:28:56 »

Well that was a good game but not as good as I expected. Norwich were what I expected though. Well organised, good on the ball and took their one decent chance. We matched them throughout man for man but didn't really create anything of note ourselves. A defeat would have been harsh and it's about time we got a late goal to earn a point given the amount of times we have been on the wrong end of them.

We never gave up and that was the main thing for me. We kept going and you just had a feeling we'd get something at the end and so it proved. LJF was good at CB. Darby impressed me. Not sure about Ward playing in the centre and Easton on the left? Seemed weird really. Nouble was good as well.

Great result. 7 points from the last 3 and I expected about 3 so well happy with that. Next 2 away games are tough but if we come through them it's full steam ahead with out run in. COYR!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 17:30:17 »

Oh and as good as Ward was Greer was MOTM for me. I thought he was superb today and how fitting that it was him who popped up with the equaliser.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 17:31:04 »

I wouldn't. Cuthbert has to be patient. He shouldn't just get his place back if LJF has been playing as well as it sounds he has.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 17:31:53 »

Well that was a good game but not as good as I expected. Norwich were what I expected though. Well organised, good on the ball and took their one decent chance. We matched them throughout man for man but didn't really create anything of note ourselves. A defeat would have been harsh and it's about time we got a late goal to earn a point given the amount of times we have been on the wrong end of them.

We never gave up and that was the main thing for me. We kept going and you just had a feeling we'd get something at the end and so it proved. LJF was good at CB. Darby impressed me. Not sure about Ward playing in the centre and Easton on the left? Seemed weird really. Nouble was good as well.

Great result. 7 points from the last 3 and I expected about 3 so well happy with that. Next 2 away games are tough but if we come through them it's full steam ahead with out run in. COYR!
we stared 4-3-1-2 with ward behind the front 2 i was abit surprised to see him player in the middle still had a great game though looked our most threatening player.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 17:36:02 »

Thought Lescinel was excellent and thought Greer was too today.  He was everywhere.

It was still hard to pick a MOTM today but for me, it was either Greer, Lesc or Darby as I thought they looked solid. Greer possibly edging it with the goal at the end.

Austin had a good game despite not scoring - seems composed on the ball and knows where he's going next - continues to impress me.

Ward did well - got stuck on as usual, as did Easton and Timlin when he came on.

Douglas didn't have his best game but still did ok and I don't think he will ever score for Town!

Nouble definitely needs to adapt to the physical nature of league one football in terms of realising he doesn't have as much time on the ball as he'd like.  Apart from that, think he could be a good acquisition and is clearly a handful for defenders.

I lost count of the amount of fouls commited on Pericard.  Didn't see much of him but still think he has something about him.

Smithy did ok in goal - I say ok because he didn't have that much to do in terms of saves, but commanded his area better than I have seen before and glad he's taking his chance with Lucas out.

Overall, Norwich got away with far more fouls due to the ref being a bottler but a draw was probably a fair result.

Thrilled with 7 points from a possible 9 and also very pleased with another good performance.

This is the first time I've thought automatic is possible.

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #251 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 17:36:02 »

Great result and despite the fact I fancied a late goal, with the clock ticking down and Forster making a brilliant save I'd lost hope.

One thing, I thought Ward should have played out wide from the off, he was playing well and caused more problems in that position. He never gave up and you could really tell the lad wanted it. In my opinion he was one of the few to make the difference at the end and deserved his man of the match award.

Would never have thought after two defeats in a row we'd bounce back like this. The late goal is huge because it will keep the belief in the fans and the players alike.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 17:39:11 »

Well I think he's out for a few weeks but yes,however he's done his bit to get us 2 fabulous results

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #253 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 17:42:38 »

I'd also like to say that Wilson got the subs spot. We often hear he doesn't take enough of a chance, well he did today. So well done.

Took a lot of bottle to sub off Austin but Norwich were focussed on the big boy Pericard and that left us with the space to push them. Probably why they lost their marking for the corner too.

alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 17:46:08 »

Watching Wardy closely at Soton,i thought how he wasn't fazed by facing experienced
defenders,who know the game very well.He certainly has the confidence and class to
go on and have a very good career.I hope it will be with us for sometime to come  Smiley

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: