Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The not not "STFC Transfer Rumours" thread  (Read 3012 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, March 27, 2023, 22:13:33 »

If only there was one person who was responsible for recruitment at whose door this s***show could be laid....

I'm not having a dig here but you do know if you're writing a swear on here, you are allowed to...it's not the national press and non-PG words don't have to be censored. If you're gonna write it, just f***ing write it Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, March 27, 2023, 22:21:29 »

£500,000?

To be honest Aud, an average of £1.6k ea per week would put that lot at c£500k. It's not really beyond the stretches of imagination.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, March 28, 2023, 07:08:54 »

I'm not having a dig here but you do know if you're writing a swear on here, you are allowed to...it's not the national press and non-PG words don't have to be censored. If you're gonna write it, just f***ing write it Wink

Thank fuck for that! Sorry, I'm hardwired from another forum I use where posts with swearing are banned.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, March 28, 2023, 07:25:02 »

Thank fuck for that! Sorry, I'm hardwired from another forum I use where posts with swearing are banned.

Yeah mumsnet frowns on that kind of thing.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, March 28, 2023, 07:27:52 »

Yeah mumsnet frowns on that kind of thing.

Clap
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, March 28, 2023, 13:39:41 »

Our squad is a vast mess. Well over 30 players. Not surprised we are over budget.
If we could trim it to under 25 people we could focus on quality not quantity.

Think of the £ per minute the following have cost this year:

Baudry
Adeloye
Devine
Aguiar
Harries
Roberts

Jesus wept.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, March 28, 2023, 13:41:00 »

If only there was one person who was responsible for recruitment at whose door this s***show could be laid....

And some think its a hilarious joke that he should be blamed.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, March 28, 2023, 13:59:52 »

Some people won't accept any criticism of the club or its hierarchy.

Amusingly/terrifyingly most of them wouldn't accept any criticism of Power until the denouement because "hE SavEd OuR cLUb" once too.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, March 28, 2023, 14:14:33 »

Amusingly/terrifyingly most of them wouldn't accept any criticism of Power until the denouement because "hE SavEd OuR cLUb" once too.
I've not aware of anyone on here who hasn't questioned the recruitment, apart from the odd wind up merchant.
It's clearly been a shitshow, even if all of them as individuals go on to play in the prem, the balance has been wrong and a total of 5 wins in 5 months for 2 different mangers in the basement league proves that.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, March 28, 2023, 15:58:48 »

Yeah people are inventing straw men here. Show me someone who is delighted with the season and I'll show you a troll.

The "camps" such that they are are people who think this is 100% on Sandro who deserves to be placed in a wickerman on the Magic Roundabout, and people who think there might be a bit more to it than that.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, March 28, 2023, 22:50:05 »

Jayo or JJ, ban this cunt for swearing will you!

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, March 28, 2023, 23:14:32 »

The "camps" such that they are are people who think this is 100% on Sandro who deserves to be placed in a wickerman on the Magic Roundabout, and people who think there might be a bit more to it than that.

I don't think it's even as far stretched as that tbh, other than the odd one or two. Most people think that there is more than one cause and most would agree with that, I think the differential here is more to do with that we all are aware that the buck must stop with someone when in a senior role. Now yes, often a manager will take the hit for not getting the most out of a squad or poor tactics, the owner isn't likely to bin himself off and one manager has been sacked - well not quite but thankfully a club was crazy enough to pay to take him off Town's hands or he might still be here. I imagine if so and the circumstance was as such, most of the lean would be on Lindsey. That' isn't the case so I think a lot of people in the-leaning-towards-Sandro-getting-the-chop camp are quite confident to actually state that he should be the one to go.

Since SdM has been responsible for at the very least, sourcing the talent and bringing it to the attention of the manager then as we know that the squad just isn't good enough/too imbalanced/too young/not experienced enough etc and Morris effectively came in after the transfer window - let alone his assistant wasn't officially here some time after, I can see why SdM shouldn't be heading up player recruitment any time soon. Does that mean he should be sacked? I don't know, because his data analysis might be quite good and whilst some will say, yes he's one of the sums of the parts, surely that could apply in terms of assembling a proper recruitment team. SdM probably shouldn't be laden with the responsibility of heading up all/most player recruitment. Much like Minturn shouldn't start every week, nor should any of the young talents we signed - not to start with anyway.

The whole season had been a clusterfuck of trying to do things with very little infrastructure or experience in place, in all departments. Which in turn has actually made the club look incredibly tinpot. I can get shot down for stating this, yet I said it months back that the club felt as if it were a little tinpot. I got pelters then - but truly I was concerned at how skeletally ran the club appeared/s to be. It feels non-league/professional ran in a professional league. The only thing distinguishing Town from other clubs is the skin that sits over the image of the club, a facade if we must; and a healthy gap between the club and the football league trapdoor...for now.

In essence, I think Sandro should not do the current role he is responsible for but could learn alongside an experienced head in the mold of someone like Paul Jewell or even David Byrne. Someone who has actually got contacts or has worked in a Youth Development area and can spot a player. I'm a big fan of Michael Skubala at Leeds, and whilst I joked about him coming to Town as Morris' assistant, someone like that would also be a cracking appointment if Town are serious about having an infrastructure that, identifies, develops and brings through good young talent; a dusty field in Karachi won't cut it.

'Incessant Nonsense'

JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, March 29, 2023, 09:39:25 »

The recruitment isn't the only thing that's wrong with the club
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, March 29, 2023, 10:08:29 »

Please tell....Huh?
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, March 29, 2023, 10:50:15 »

Please tell....Huh?

Nothing that people don't know about?

Still a broken tannoy system in DRS (H&S issue), debt has been re-allocated to Clem rather than reduced as they say, little money but random trips to Karachi OK, really strange social media on-goings during Lindsey saga (should have released a short statement saying discussions were ongoing) and with Austin (Sky publishing it days before), as well as many advisory board questions not being answered despite "full transparency" being promised. There's plenty to question atm.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: