Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Orient official matchday Fred  (Read 35945 times)
jb

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 16:11:24 »

Rotherham wanted 3m in the summer!

Naturally, he wont go for that much but I dont think our board would make enough cash available to sign him from Rotherham.

The only way we'd have enough cash to buy LeFondre would be if we sold Charlie, which would put us back to square one really.

I wouldn't mind us go for Constable of Oxford
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 16:13:19 »

Having read through some of the comments we have focussed on the ref's performance rather then we could not beat Orient we are not progressing as a club
The team have the support of the fans, BUT how long will this go on?

We are progressing as a club...on Sat we had the 3rd best gate in L1 behind Soton and Wendies.

Now that is good....we wont necessarily build on that overnight, but we need to accept it will be slow progress rather than take off like a rocket.

Fans should always support.....it's quite ridiculous to think we have some divine right to beat Orient, they're in the same league 3 points behind, that tells you straight away there is little between the sides.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 16:46:49 »

Fans should always support.....it's quite ridiculous to think we have some divine right to beat Orient, they're in the same league 3 points behind, that tells you straight away there is little between the sides.

And on the basis that Orient generally finish anywhere from mid table to just above the relegation places that to me is a worry!
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 16:56:04 »

Well maybe you're supporting the wrong club then?

It would be great if we could get promotion, but I'm not expecting it, nor do I demand it. Some supporters need to wake the fuck up and stop sounding like whinging lids fans.

It's All Good..............
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 16:58:00 »

I expect we would have to pay at least £750k for Le Fondre - not a fucking chance.

£750K would be a steal, this guy will surely go to the Championship in January for £1m+.  You dont have that sort of track record in League 2 and then move to someone like us.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 16:58:23 »

And on the basis that Orient generally finish anywhere from mid table to just above the relegation places that to me is a worry!

You're doing the same thing....historically we've played Orient 67 times in league games going back many years...both clubs have won 23 with 21 draws, so never been much in it.

They've had one top flight season, but many more 2nd tier seasons than us.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 17:32:42 »

Well maybe you're supporting the wrong club then?

It would be great if we could get promotion, but I'm not expecting it, nor do I demand it. Some supporters need to wake the fuck up and stop sounding like whinging lids fans.

Oh come on. We don't have a divine right to be up there in the promotion push, but we shouldn't be happy with where we are this season so far

Things get better but they never get good
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 17:56:45 »

Oh come on. We don't have a divine right to be up there in the promotion push, but we shouldn't be happy with where we are this season so far

Yes we should.

We nearly went bust a few years ago you know.
corner

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 19:10:34 »

One word `EXPECTATION' we went close last season everybody expects us to build on last season and the 3 year plan dosent help what we think in our heads.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 19:15:26 »

Yeah, but it's only October ffs! Some people are peaking way too soon with all the doom and despondency.

It's All Good..............
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 19:15:32 »

The question i was referring to was are we making progress? have we the right players to move the club forward i agree with Reg we are making progress as a club off the field gates are up Mr Fitton is doing a good job But he needs to show the money  not too much to buy some experienced players in possibly someone like La Fonde is a pipe dream but we rely on Charlie too much and will we still have him at the end of the season? if we have progressed and invested yes if not i am not sure
However maybe in correctly i thought we would have been in the top half of the league this far in to the season is it unrealistic for the club you have followed for year in year out wanting them to do well?
corner

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 19:22:41 »

Yeah, but it's only October ffs! Some people are peaking way too soon with all the doom and despondency.

correct, a very long way to go yet! i am sure we will be up there come feb march battling for the auto spots.
corner

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 19:32:31 »

The question i was referring to was are we making progress? have we the right players to move the club forward i agree with Reg we are making progress as a club off the field gates are up Mr Fitton is doing a good job But he needs to show the money  not too much to buy some experienced players in possibly someone like La Fonde is a pipe dream but we rely on Charlie too much and will we still have him at the end of the season? if we have progressed and invested yes if not i am not sure.
Maybe austin should try somthing rooneyesk and get a promise the sqad will be boulsterd come jan. ha ha

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 19:33:56 »

correct, a very long way to go yet! i am sure we will be up there come feb march battling for the auto spots.

section this nutter
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 19:34:17 »

The question i was referring to was are we making progress? have we the right players to move the club forward i agree with Reg we are making progress as a club off the field gates are up Mr Fitton is doing a good job But he needs to show the money  not too much to buy some experienced players in possibly someone like La Fonde is a pipe dream but we rely on Charlie too much and will we still have him at the end of the season? if we have progressed and invested yes if not i am not sure
However maybe in correctly i thought we would have been in the top half of the league this far in to the season is it unrealistic for the club you have followed for year in year out wanting them to do well?

Of course all fans want the club to do well, but that's the same at all clubs, and history tells us that good seasons are relatively rare.

Mr Fitton has told us that this board wont throw money at it, but will spend a bit on young players and hope their value may increase....seems like an entirely reasonable strategy to me. 

It might be that the playing side takes a bit of a back seat, if the CG redevelopment gets the go ahead.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: