Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Orient official matchday Fred  (Read 35941 times)
dell boy

« Reply #330 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 06:55:39 »

I applaud the ref for sending off Sheehan, the game needed a lift from the players on the pitch and from the supporters. Until the sending off the game was totally crap. Well done ref. For what it is worth I turned to my son and said that will be straight red.

Regarding Wilson, why the hell would you want to get rid of him, win three on the trot and we are right in the thick of the play-offs. I like the way he sets the side up, we've had illnesses, injuries and a suspension to cope with recently and are still trying to play decent football.
Sides know how we play and come to the CG with spoiling tactics, and who can blame them, if we are given the chance to knock it about we look the real deal.
Wilson has a great deal of experience and knows what he is doing and way he conducts himself is a credit to him and to our football club.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 07:11:29 »

One other thing about the ref...the foul throw in front of the dug outs for orient...he let them have a second go at it.
It's Monday morning and I'm still remembering things to say about the ref. he was either that bad or I need to let things go

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 07:19:51 »

I like the way he sets the side up, we've had illnesses, injuries and a suspension to cope with recently and are still trying to play decent football.
Sides know how we play and come to the CG with spoiling tactics, and who can blame them, if we are given the chance to knock it about we look the real deal.

That's the crux of it though, isn't it? It's not always good trying to play sexy football if it doesn't work. We only seem to have 2 plans; try and pass it about nicely and then if that doesn't work, bring Pericard on and hoof it to him. And when Pericard's injured we don't have a plan B.
dell boy

« Reply #333 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 07:26:47 »

That's the crux of it though, isn't it? It's not always good trying to play sexy football if it doesn't work. We only seem to have 2 plans; try and pass it about nicely and then if that doesn't work, bring Pericard on and hoof it to him. And when Pericard's injured we don't have a plan B.

Yes that is true, the reason we only have two plans at the moment has a lot to do with what is available, with injuries etc, now we have Sheehan suspended. If we can get a consistent run with the same starting XI I think we will go up the division quickly. We are not big enough or strong enough to bully teams so we must stick to our passing game.

We have the pace on the flanks from full backs and wingers/forwards alike. The couple of runs from O'Brien in the second half were pretty awesome, especially when he was tracking back, now that was electric.
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 07:28:21 »

One other thing about the ref...the foul throw in front of the dug outs for orient...he let them have a second go at it.
It's Monday morning and I'm still remembering things to say about the ref. he was either that bad or I need to let things go

He was that bad.

I seem to remember someone telling me that there is a Ref's assessor at every game. If that's true I would love to see his report from Saturday.
dell boy

« Reply #335 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 07:30:48 »

I was in the DRS so couldn't tell if the original throw crossed the line and went on the pitch, if the ball did not cross the line then the throw has to be retaken by the same side.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 09:30:05 »

Well what a load of shite that was.

Started poorly...again....Was the Orient opener offside?  Looked alright to me at the time and on the lowlights..

Ref was just a whistle happy knob, end of. Blew for the crappy things and let the bad things go:

Austin being pushed over when through was blatant.

Morrison going in two footed was worse than Sheehan.

He fucked it all up.

The sending off did lift the game/crowd so for that at least i am grateful.

Nobody was really worthy of a MOM maybe Austin for running around alot?

Lucas:  No keeper should be beaten at the near post when stood on the near post, that was shit.

I liked Revell when he was here and i was sorry that we didnt sign him, now the cunt rubs my nose in it.

The league is tight but i predict a mid table finish from what i have seen so far.

See you at Yeovil.

Clems Army!
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 09:36:21 »

Revell has scored everytime he's played us since his loan. For both Wycombe and Orient, The fucker!!

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 10:12:18 »

I was in the DRS so couldn't tell if the original throw crossed the line and went on the pitch, if the ball did not cross the line then the throw has to be retaken by the same side.

The throw was directly in front of me in the Arkells and it did cross the line.  One of the most ridiculous decisions he made.  Since when does a team get a second go after making a foul throw?  The other one that springs to mind immediately is when he gave a foul near the end when the Orient defender clattered into the Orient keeper!
blah blah

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 12:23:15 »

Enough has been said already about our performance, so although we should have won despite him, I'll concentrate on the ref. What a cunt. OK so the sending off whilst I thought at the time was harsh, plenty of others who maybe had a different or closer view think it was right so I'll reserve judgement on that. In a way, I can understand him getting those 50/50 or even 60/40 decisions wrong, and lets be honest at this level we are never going to get a ref who gets everything right all the time. However it was the silly things that really wound me up yesterday. The foul throw thing was comical. The time wasting that he did nothing about was worse (6 seconds to get rid of the ball goalie!). But the most frustrating thing was when an Orient player went down injured, but Orient had the ball and carried on playing he let the play go on, but as soon as they lost it and we started to go forward he stopped the game !
Possibly the most inconsistent, incompetent refereeing performance I've seen for a very long time. Bad Mood
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 12:26:26 »

Chippy Red, are you seriously able to mentally hold it together while contradicting yourself in the same sentence?

You blame Wilson for baffling tactics then mention that injuries meant Caddis played in midfield, you slate the 4-4-2 but slate Wilson for not using it?
I don't think he was slating 442, just saying that if you listen to all the pundits etc they all go on like it's gone out of fashion. Which in the Prem and to some extent in international football, it has. Which doesn't mean it's good or bad, just because some of the "top" teams use a certain formation, doesn't mean it will suit us any more than leveraged takeovers and mountains of "serviceable" debt would
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 12:34:14 »

Seen the tackle on beeb website and to be fair it looks like a red in todays climate. I think a yellow would've sufficed though (naturally). But then we wouldn't have had the spark if that was the case.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 12:51:24 »

I don't think he was slating 442, just saying that if you listen to all the pundits etc they all go on like it's gone out of fashion. Which in the Prem and to some extent in international football, it has. Which doesn't mean it's good or bad, just because some of the "top" teams use a certain formation, doesn't mean it will suit us any more than leveraged takeovers and mountains of "serviceable" debt would

And 4-4-2 is the formation that suits us best, we've performed best with it and Wilson damn as sure it prefers it.  I still would be cacking it if we played a 4-4-2 with a midfield of Ritchie, Ball, McGrovern and Ferry though.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 13:31:47 »

And 4-4-2 is the formation that suits us best, we've performed best with it and Wilson damn as sure it prefers it.  I still would be cacking it if we played a 4-4-2 with a midfield of Ritchie, Ball, McGrovern and Ferry though.

we could do with another central midfielder couldnt we....oh wait...
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 13:41:20 »

Ball should be one of the two up front. He showed at Peterborough what he can do in front of goal, and in most other games what he can't do in midfield. Ball and Austin up front would cause havoc.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: