Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Orient official matchday Fred  (Read 35948 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Sunday, October 24, 2010, 07:16:25 »

Studs up always gets the ref a little excited with the cards.  I'll reserve judgement 'til i see the replays.

I've seen the replay and it was a definite foul, and as the picture shows started with studs up. But I don't think Sheehan has done what the ref thinks he has, from the replay I'm not even sure which of Sheehans legs took the Orient man out.

I think the reaction of the player says it all.

But there is no way we will appeal it.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Sunday, October 24, 2010, 07:36:38 »

No arguments this week. I presume somewhere in the past 20 pages or so one of the Daves has described the game as "shit". If I could be bothered, I'd trawl back through so I could quote it and reply "Yep". Rose did well though and Charlie worked his socks off like the hero he is
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Sunday, October 24, 2010, 07:38:33 »

In summation, shit.

Just for you paul.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Sunday, October 24, 2010, 09:26:00 »

First half was shockingly poor from both sides. 2nd half sparked into life when the ref decided to take centre stage. Probably did us a favour really. He was utterly useless at best mind.

Anyone concerned that Austin can't play at the tip of a 3 need not worry after yesterdays shift, but that could be because of the awful opposition. I'm struggling to remember a header that Charlie did not win.

Orient got the point that they came for though. The keeper was wasting time from the first goal kick!! Pathetic way to go about a game. As for Slade thinking they did enough to win.. please.

Thought with they players out there that we had scope to change it to 4-4-2 in the first half, seeing as 4-3-3 wasn't working.

Amankwaah was clearly injured from the off, he was limping the whole game it seemed.

Orient scored 2 nice goals and that was pretty much it. I suppose a point was fair overall and both teams had chances to take the win late on.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Sunday, October 24, 2010, 09:28:11 »

I think the bigger question is what the fuck are we going to do when Austin is sold, which will only be a matter of time. He was our best player today by some distance and did an incredible job given the service he was getting.

He's on 26 goals in 48 appearances now, which is an incredible record especially when you take in to account all the times he hasn't played the full 90 minutes. I still find it hard to believe just how good he is.

Good points though i was staggered that Dossevi didn't start alongside him......and herthab....it wasnt bad it was dire,boring and if the truth be told worrying.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Sunday, October 24, 2010, 10:15:17 »

Not a good game, but nowhere near as bad as some people are making out.

First half was awful Herthab, at least both teams did try in the second half!  We totally lacked any direction and seemed content to sit back and let them come at us.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Sunday, October 24, 2010, 10:23:24 »

looking at the highlights the ref was damn close to the challenge, i can see why a foul was given but i would still question any contact or intent

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Spencer_White

« Reply #292 on: Sunday, October 24, 2010, 10:42:01 »

Depressed.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Sunday, October 24, 2010, 10:58:23 »

slade didn't think either of the freekicks we scored from should have been awarded, how strange. i wonder if he's rewatched the red card yet

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Sunday, October 24, 2010, 10:59:53 »

In fairness we did win a couple of "played for" free kicks.  Can't remember if they were the ones we scored from though.
The_Plagiarist

« Reply #295 on: Sunday, October 24, 2010, 11:22:16 »

Yesterday was dire really, I came away bloody happy with 2-2 considering we deserved nothing looking at it objectively. Without Charlie Austin, and a stonking free kick we offered nothing, we were second best to a poor team.

The fact we played Austin up on his own then lumped it up to their big centre backs every time was ridiculous. we didnt' have one tall player in our front six yet played the aimless long ball every time! it highlighted what big Vinny brings to the game someone to aim for who can (sometimes) hold it up and bring others into play.

That isn't austins game and he was blowing out of his arse at the end was absolutely knackered and rightly got a huge ovation for chasing the ball across their back line infront of the arkells with a couple of minutes to go.

It only clicked when listening to wilson on the radio afterwards that we were missing dougie and prutton and we were getting overrun in the middle certainly after the red card, which I didnt see because I was queuing for 25 minutes in the fucking arkells to get some chips which had run out by the time I got there.

we'll take yeovil next week though.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Sunday, October 24, 2010, 11:27:07 »

Other than the fact Austin won nearly every single header. Totally aimless, I absolutely agree. Just a shame no one cottoned on to this fact on the field, let alone in the stands.

Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Sunday, October 24, 2010, 13:46:46 »

p.s - what was the deal with some bellend chanting E-E-EDL? What a parasite.

jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Sunday, October 24, 2010, 14:13:26 »

p.s - what was the deal with some bellend chanting E-E-EDL? What a parasite.
He is the chap that ain't the full shilling and shouts out peado to the oppositions players and officials
The_Plagiarist

« Reply #299 on: Sunday, October 24, 2010, 14:16:34 »

because he would have taken us backwards.

He's been backed enough to not have us sitting in 15th

And this is why modern football is fucked, the fans don't live in the real world any more than the players they moan about.
The manager who takes us to wembley one year gets sacked for finishing 15th the next

NURSE!!

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: