Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: swindon v colchester official matchday thread  (Read 18214 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Sunday, September 13, 2009, 10:39:33 »

I think the use of the feminine personal pronoun is a bit of a clue.

Indeed it does Reg...my brain is acting in a knobbage way today...cooing over her does sort of hint at the female variety.aint woke up yet................but congrats again Gent...did you name him John!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #181 on: Sunday, September 13, 2009, 10:41:36 »

Chaps (& Luci)

Many thanks for the excellent match reports this evening.  I can't remember the last time we had in depth post match analysis from so many who went to the game.  Those of us who couldn't make it do appreciate it.

Fully agreed, when you cant get to games its hard to hear exactly how well we are playing fromt he radio reports.

Even better when 90% of fans agree that we have perfomed well.

As Rob says we seem to be playing the passing game with some style playing out from the back via Douglas and Ferry, all we need to find is that little killer instinct of creative pass....which I am sure will come.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Sunday, September 13, 2009, 10:50:34 »

The passing second half was superb yesterday...JPM is pulling the strings which allows Douglas to roam about blocking and putting challenges in..like the way we play to a system now though is abit frustrating in the last five mins we arnt bombing forward looking for a winner.....but the chances are Colchester would of sneaked it if we had...the only little gripe i have is i feel Easton looks back to his best and for me i would have like to have seen him rather than Timlin....but we went up a place and fith in the lge ime well happy with.
Spencer_White

« Reply #183 on: Sunday, September 13, 2009, 11:55:54 »

Dont know what Paynter's done to be dropped? Obviously Revell and Paynter are a bit simmilar, but they look our best two strikers, so for me they should both start. Tope really is very clumsy, bit embaressing he gets in the team to be honest. Ricky Shakesesque.

That is my one gripe out of the way. On the plus side I thought some of our football was outstanding yesterday. Players with lots of confidence. Colchester did the simple things right, they'll be up there at the end of the year. One of those games we could have won, and could have lost.

Cuthbert and Greer really are absolute class. Ferry is a lovely player to watch. JPM and Amankwaah still working very hard. Douglas makes everything tick. Revell showed he is more than just a hatchet man. Just proud of the football we played. Well done lads. Lots to be positive about. Let's get a win next week!
Rich Pullen

« Reply #184 on: Sunday, September 13, 2009, 12:06:01 »

Maybe Paynter wasn't 100% fit? Or perhaps Wilson wants to make a statement that his place isn't cemented?

Either way, it's a winning team so you'd think he would have kept faith in the XI from the previous fixture.
glos_robin

« Reply #185 on: Sunday, September 13, 2009, 12:13:15 »

Was a good game and good to have a bit of an atmosphere for a  change on a Saturday.

Revell reminds me of Fallon he's got that something a bit different about him and he's faster than I thought he would be as well. Looks very competitive as well so can only be a good thing.

The back four continues to look solid my only worry would be that I hope Lucas isn't out for too long as yesterday proved how vital his communication is to the defence as there was abit more confusion at the back than we've seen thus far. Smith needs to open his mouth more if he does play and get some voice projection lessons as even wen he does say something you can never hear him.

Other than that it's another game unbeaten and starting to look promising, just fingers crossed Lucas isn't out for long.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Sunday, September 13, 2009, 13:46:47 »

Bill was rested yesterday. Nothing sinister.

If Greer has done his collar-bone he'll be out for at least a month.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Sunday, September 13, 2009, 14:30:27 »

You seem to be a bit out of step with the general consensus jonny Huh?

Indeed, I can only think I was at a different game yesterday - I didn't see anything to get excited about.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Sunday, September 13, 2009, 16:12:21 »

i would like to register how crap the referee and his grey haired assistant were.

other than that the game was pretty entertaining...it felt a lot more like a cup game than an early league game

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
penhill red

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Sunday, September 13, 2009, 16:18:03 »

i would like to register how crap the referee and his grey haired assistant were.

Very true. Ref didn't like any challenge's for headers from either side. I put this down to him being a fat midget

If "Practice makes perfect" and "nobody is perfect" why bother waste time practicing when there is beer to be drank.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Sunday, September 13, 2009, 18:36:57 »

I agree with most of what's already been said, we're playing good confident football and I think it would be a mistake to change the formation at this stage to accomodate 2 all out strikers, the midfield three is the best we've seen in a long time and they look like they can cut it against the better sides in this division.

As for the game I thought we could have won, Colchester will cause the average sides a few problems because the front two will bully their way through, we coped well in the most part and controlled the game up to the front where it sort of fell apart through the inconsistency of Hutch and Tope.

Every player up to the forwards knows what's going and look assured on the ball, Revell looked to me like he too knew what was going on, I liked him.

Think after Billy's rest he'll go back in to the eleven and I'd like to have Revell in there too, from what I've seen the forwards have swapped about on occasion, no reason why they couldn't do this more to accomodate them both and it would disrupt opposition defences at the same time.

Think once the front three are fully in tune with the rest of the team we'll worry quite a few teams, passes are sticking and movement is good so with that little extra bit of quality and consistency up front we'll be in good shape.

That's the first game since Wolves for me so first I've seen of Ferry, he's a cracking player.  If we can keep him for the rest of the season I'll be delighted.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Sunday, September 13, 2009, 18:48:33 »

I agree with most of what's already been said, we're playing good confident football and I think it would be a mistake to change the formation at this stage to accomodate 2 all out strikers, the midfield three is the best we've seen in a long time and they look like they can cut it against the better sides in this division.

I don't have a problem with the formation, its the players being used. I just don't get how you can play 5 in midfield / 3 up front, without a single winger / wide player on the pitch, especially when we've got McNamee, Marshall and Macklin available. Sure we're doing ok results wise, but I reckon we could be doing even better.
Barry Scott

« Reply #192 on: Sunday, September 13, 2009, 19:08:23 »

That's the first game since Wolves for me so first I've seen of Ferry, he's a cracking player.  If we can keep him for the rest of the season I'll be delighted.

I've convinced myself that we'll be buying him in January and the loan had a secret optional transfer fee agreed. I also believe we have one in place on Hutchinson and Revell. Although Revell is a given i suppose. Cheesy
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Sunday, September 13, 2009, 21:23:00 »

I've convinced myself that we'll be buying him in January and the loan had a secret optional transfer fee agreed.
And/or swap for Morrison?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #194 on: Sunday, September 13, 2009, 21:38:55 »

And/or swap for Morrison?
I could underatand a swap with Celtic for Ferry but not with Southend for Revell. If we get it right with Morrison he will be worth £1m plus.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: