Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: football manager progress  (Read 10637 times)
Piemonte

« Reply #90 on: Saturday, February 12, 2005, 00:45:08 »

mmmmmmmmm

I guess the rubbish player with a 9 would be playing better as the ratings are based on pass/tackle/header./shot completion and all that.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #91 on: Saturday, February 12, 2005, 20:42:21 »

not going too well for me at the start! played 11, won 4, drawn 2, lost 5.
Howard out for 3 months after game number 2. Managed to bring in Perpetuini on a free but he's also injured. Sold Heywood for £20,000 + Danny Allsopp, who has got 3 in 2 for me so i'm quite pleased. Tactics have been sorted so time to move up the table! Got a few other players but they are back-ups at the moment, they're more for the future.
Piemonte

« Reply #92 on: Sunday, February 13, 2005, 02:55:10 »

Stuart Green (hull 30k) trevor benjamin (leicester 24k) & Tony Dinning Wigan 6k) were superb for me at that point of the game.

hope that helps a bit
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #93 on: Sunday, February 13, 2005, 02:59:00 »

yeah i've tried to get green but he's going nowhere fast - valuation now 95k as well. got andy ducros instead from barnet. looked to be shit at first but he turns in decent performances every game now. cheers for the tips though pieface! another couple of signings just on their way now - i'm well into it already!
Piemonte

« Reply #94 on: Sunday, February 13, 2005, 03:01:53 »

I've got to say that its a fucking brilliant game. I'm a sucker for being adicted to football manager type games but this is the nuuts.

Being able to gob off at other managers is great Cool
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #95 on: Sunday, February 13, 2005, 03:26:26 »

peter taylor was the first i mouthed off at. beat them 3-0 as well
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Monday, February 21, 2005, 01:40:03 »

For my second premiership season they gave me a huge wage budget of £500k and £10 million to spend which made it a lot easier.

I bought Fabrizio Miccoli on a free from Fiorentina for £50,000 a week wages and he was the top scorer in the premiership with 33 goals and an average rating of 7.95

If you get the chance to buy him DO IT!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/2hats/miccoli.jpg

Also bought Jonathan Spector from Manchester United for £2.6 million, Christian Pander on a free from Benfica, Antonia Di Natale who averaged 7.98, the highest of any player in the premiership, Arni Gautur Arason who finally replaced Evans as my number one, Steed Malbraque who was outstanding, Gabriel Milito also quality and my record signing £6 million compensation for Goran Gavrancic from Dinamo Kiev.

Managed to win the premiership after a close fight against Arsenal and Chelsea. Get in! Cheesy  Cheesy Kept the 5-4-1 formation and only conceded 4 goals at home all season.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/2hats/premtable.jpg

Here's my squad:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/2hats/premsquad.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/2hats/premsquad2.jpg
Dazzza

« Reply #97 on: Monday, February 21, 2005, 01:44:38 »

Fair play Ben!

Do you only have Rhys left from the current team and any decent youth players come through?

What's with Ben Tal Haim, is he the very same Bolton diver?

Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Monday, February 21, 2005, 02:09:10 »

Just Rhys in the first team but Garrard and Caton are in the reserves, no way near good enough to play though. O'Hanlon played a couple of games at the start of the season but I sold him to Burnley. Let the rest of them go on frees.

Only youth player I've played is Kyle Lapham in the first season, most of the team were expiring contracts or out of contract.

It is the same Ben Tal Haim, not such a great signing but he was alright as backup.
Piemonte

« Reply #99 on: Monday, February 21, 2005, 14:02:30 »

Fucking fair play BWB! thats one hell of an achievement :beers

I'm on the verge of starting my first prem season. I tried to sign Micolli on a free, but he turned down my £10k a week wage for £50k a week and champions league football at Juventus. Fuck knows why :shock:

I was given a full £600k to spend to keep us in the premiership (cheers board) and a wage budget of £120k a week. Which wasnt great as I have £17m in the bank after prem TV money. After a few weeks of moaning they upped the wage budget to £200k p/w which is a bit more like it.

I've signed:
Adam Drury (D/DM L) free from Naaaarwich
Calum Davenport (DC) from spurs (Free)
Brett Emerton (D/AM RC) free from blackburn
Gary Docherty (D/S C) free from Naaaarwich again
Gavin McCann (DM C) free from Villa

SSP has just torn his groin muscle in the last pre season game which has totally fucked me over as I've been unable to sign an good quality striker on a free.

Any ideas anyone? loan or less than £700k Oops
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Monday, February 21, 2005, 14:16:33 »

That's about what I got in my first season but I was only paying £50k a week wages so I managed to make a £20 million profit in that season from prize money and tv money so they gave me loads more for the second season.

Yeah you won't get Miccoli for less than 50k I was amazed when he accepted that. I'm trying to convince Ledley King to come now but he's not accepting yet.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Monday, February 21, 2005, 18:18:16 »

I'm bored of my Boston game - about 19th in the Championship. I'm gonna start a new game and move up to a normal sized database.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Tuesday, February 22, 2005, 01:08:47 »

Had a fairly disastrous pre-season with countless offers for my three best players, Miccoli, Malbranque and Di Natale.

Di Natale left for his minimum free release clause of just £4m,  Crying Miccoli's is £16m so I've still got him but turned down a £12m offer. Malbranque is probably going to leave soon as he won't accept a new contract.

Must remember to get  higher minimum fee release clauses.

Di Natale is proving very difficult to replace as he was the best player in the premiership last year.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Tuesday, February 22, 2005, 01:15:25 »

Just got the Totenham job 2009 .Got fed up with Swindons stingy directers .2.1m in 2009 buys you nought! Crying

/
W56196272
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Tuesday, February 22, 2005, 01:44:48 »

Malbranque has gone to Arsenal for £17 million. Not a bad price especially as he had a £4.9m release clause but he'll also be very hard to replace.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: