Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tranmere v Swindon Town matchday thread  (Read 15622 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, December 19, 2023, 11:45:25 »

Getting relegated to the Nation League (…or lower) would be like the play offs.

The best case scenario is the best way to do it. Go down, get the club even, get decent owners and come flying back with lots of momentum.

The worst case scenario is absolutely soul destroying.

IF you could guarantee that going down a few divisions would give us 3/4 years of winning every week and flying up the league back past where we started I’d bite your hand off. I get I’m in the minority but going down and playing smaller clubs in worst stadium still appeals to me more than playing Colchester, Franchise & fucking Walsall every sodding year forever
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, December 19, 2023, 11:50:12 »

Can you drink in your seat at NL level or is it lower than that?
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, December 19, 2023, 11:57:55 »

Yeah not for me. We saw what non league would be like last Saturday. In terms of looking appealing to owners down there, we’re already a good level below where we should be so already have that appeal, it’s all the other potential skeletons in the closet that make us unappealing and those will still be there regardless of division.

As others have said, there’s no guarantee we come back and more chance we go further down. I like that Dorking manager but if we had to play them or clubs like them in a competitive fixture in non league then it would be a sad sight for this club, not to mention they’ll do us over.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, December 19, 2023, 12:03:29 »

I did say I’d accept it IF Clem et al fucked off and we had new, competent, honest owners.

Honest question, do you go to games regularly?
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, December 19, 2023, 12:09:55 »

Non league with new owners could be a great laugh. Cheaper tickets, all new away days and probably the biggest budget in the league, which while doesn't guarantee success, should mean you're competing at the right end as a minimum.

With this mob we'll probably have the 14th largest budget in the league and be competing at the wrong end of the table and more misery.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, December 19, 2023, 12:09:58 »

Can you drink in your seat at NL level or is it lower than that?

Yeah you can drink pitchside. NLN you can anyway, cant see national league being an different?

*ignore me - EFL to National league premier it is banned’
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, December 19, 2023, 12:21:29 »

There’s a big assumption being made here that the National League would actually accept us. They have pretty strict financial regulations and with all the stuff hanging over us and FA charges they may not be keen and I would imagine the fallout from any relegation would be catastrophic.

We’d probably be ok as they let Southend in but it’s not really a risk I’d fancy taking.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, December 19, 2023, 12:35:40 »

We don’t want non league, no guarantees, tough to get out of, a big scalp for opposing teams and too many league teams with history end up disappearing.

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, December 19, 2023, 12:37:34 »

Honest question, do you go to games regularly?

I have a ST - first for a while as I’ve not been living in the UK.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, December 19, 2023, 12:40:35 »

Tranmere 2 Swindon 1 att: 5,890 (275 Town)

So, give no fucks
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, December 19, 2023, 12:42:07 »

Non league with new owners could be a great laugh. Cheaper tickets, all new away days and probably the biggest budget in the league, which while doesn't guarantee success, should mean you're competing at the right end as a minimum.

With this mob we'll probably have the 14th largest budget in the league and be competing at the wrong end of the table and more misery.

Which is exactly what we said when we went down to League 1, and when we went down to League 2.
Posh Red

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, December 19, 2023, 12:42:39 »

I have a ST - first for a while as I’ve not been living in the UK.

Fair enough, just wondered as the thought of travelling around the country to non league shit pits fills me with dread, regardless of which shyster is our owner.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, December 19, 2023, 12:43:38 »

Fair enough, just wondered as the thought of travelling around the country to non league shit pits fills me with dread, regardless of which shyster is our owner.

Do you travel from Peterborough for all/most home games?

So, give no fucks
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, December 19, 2023, 12:47:45 »

A big no thank you.
It's the one thing that I would hate to have in common with a couple of our local rivals.
I like to travel and visit new places but there would be absolutely zero novelty value in sportcationing round the National League.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Posh Red

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, December 19, 2023, 12:48:06 »

Do you travel from Peterborough for all/most home games?

Yeah, we have had season tickets for the last 18 years
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: