Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Saturday  (Read 13318 times)
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2007, 22:35:07 »

I thought it summed it up really
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2007, 22:36:34 »

Nicely...

But you would panic if he was leading the charge...

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2007, 23:53:55 »

Quote from: "Summerof69"
Nicely...

But you would panic if he was leading the charge...
I don't know...think of the publicity  Cheesy
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Thursday, November 29, 2007, 09:04:59 »

Quote from: "Maverick"
FWIW I think the only way you will get "Mr/Mrs/Ms Average STFC fan" involved is to organise a march based on positive messages ...... in other words .... "Save Our Swindon" or "We Want Fitton" or other such non-confrontational messages. Most people I have spoken to have said that they would certainly be prepared to join a march with that message as it would show how much everyone wanted the club to survive.

The problem with confrontational/negative/hostile protests is that no matter how right/accurate they may be ... it will still immediately alienate significant numbers and break up a united voice into disparate factions. From the extremes of Kingston to the ordinary "fan in the street" there are those who will see "troublemaking busybodies - you know who you are  Wink " as dick-waving fanatics who are not helping the takeover process. Whether they are right or wrong is irrelevant - it is dividing the common interest - saving the club from possible extinction.

There is probably too little time to organise enough publicity now before Saturday - but this is IMO the only way that you will get significant numbers of people so that the media, Andrew Fitton, Seton Wills and others could not ignore it.

I hate to say it, as this has never happened before, but I agree with Maverick.  I think it's time to face the fact that a lot of Swindon fans are just not interested in the political confrontation side of protesting.

However if a march or something similar was organised as a "Save our Swindon" then a lot more people would be tempted to join in.  It'd be almost like a public show of affection for the club, not anti board, just pro-STFC and pro-Fitton.  We need to focus on the positives to attract the masses not on the slagging off the current people in charge.

Now I'm not saying I necessarily agree with this outlook but to get the numbers that's the sacrifice you have to make.  Continue with the anti- board anti MD stance and the numbers will stay around the 200 mark.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: