Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Soundbars  (Read 2230 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 15:07:23 »

Anyone got one?

Looking to upgrade the sound for my TV, don't fancy a full 5.1 system and liked the look of a soundbar.

Main problem I'm having is playing music through the TV, it sounds shit, can't handle the high end and for some reason it keeps adjusting the volume (can't find any setting that would be causing it). Don't need the full surround sound feel, but a bit of bass would be nice.

Or failing a soundbar, recommendations for a decent 2.1 system. Budget is about £150-£200.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 15:25:26 »

Or failing a soundbar, recommendations for a decent 2.1 system. Budget is about £150-£200.

When I bought my kit I just sourced second hand stuff off eBay and AV Forums classifieds.

Picked up a Marantz amp and a pair of AE Aegis Evo Ones for about £100 all in. I didn't bother with a sub, but I'm sure you can source one within budget.
Barry Scott

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 17:09:04 »

Can you not just run it straight into an aux on your hifi? Presuming of course that you own hifi and that it's close to our tv. Smiley My TV has wank sound and when I want decent sound I just turn the hifi on.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 19:25:14 »

If I had a hifi that was next to me TV, why would I want to play music through the TV?

So no, I don't have a hifi. Don't fancy arsing about getting separates either.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 20:13:56 »

When I bought my kit I just sourced second hand stuff off eBay and AV Forums classifieds.

Picked up a Marantz amp and a pair of AE Aegis Evo Ones for about £100 all in. I didn't bother with a sub, but I'm sure you can source one within budget.

That's a bargain. I have the Aegis Evo Threes, hi fi was an expensive hobby of mine a few years back when I could afford to spend money on beers and material items.

And Johnny - get a mini hi fi system, a proper 2 channel system will sound better than through the tv + soundbar.

e.g. http://www.richersounds.com/package/system-savers/mini-hifi-system-deals/pah01267
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 20:17:21 by Simon Pieman » Logged
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 20:26:51 »

Are those the decent JBL Control 1's?

Sure I used to see them used in bars and they packed a pretty good punch, weighed a tonne but I'm sure they used to be £100+ each. Though that was 5 or more years ago.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 20:33:14 »

I just used the above as a quick example but for £210 that's a great little package. There are probably just as worthy alternatives if you look around.

Those JBLs are very small but apparently have a big sound. I think the major minus is that they're not too nice to look at.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: