Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Driving tests  (Read 10142 times)
Asher

« Reply #30 on: Thursday, March 2, 2006, 11:40:19 »

I never single but thats cos I am twat who drives a beamer its expected!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, March 2, 2006, 11:41:08 »

Isn't the teaching phrase - "Mirror, signal, maneouvre"?

Hence you should first check, then indicate your intention, and then carry it out.  Lets not forget you have a blind spot in a car, some more so than others.  It is beyond the physical capabilities of a human being to be able to see a full 360 degree outlook of the road before making a change, so I guess indicating is essential.

Anway, better to indicate by habit than not indicate by habit.
jim

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, March 2, 2006, 11:55:22 »

Quote from: "arriba"
and coppers are great drivers that abide by the law,bollocks.i passed all my tests so i was taught wrong?ok.
your point is valid but to indicate you have obviously assesed the situation or you wouldn't indicate.you dont signal automcatically but if a turn is to be made a signal is required.
also you give signals to give info and to pass a test as the original poster of this thread found out and failed!

Wrong again - boring now.  Signalling isnt there to pass tests its to give information.

Oh and by the way, I am sure we all agree that Artic. drivers are true knights of the road.
jim

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, March 2, 2006, 11:57:13 »

Quote from: "RobertT"
Isn't the teaching phrase - "Mirror, signal, maneouvre"?

Hence you should first check, then indicate your intention, and then carry it out.  Lets not forget you have a blind spot in a car, some more so than others.  It is beyond the physical capabilities of a human being to be able to see a full 360 degree outlook of the road before making a change, so I guess indicating is essential.

Anway, better to indicate by habit than not indicate by habit.

Robert

Your interventions are normaly better considered than that.  I didn't say that you dont signal by habit I said that you see what the hazard is all about and signal if appropriate.  if there's no one there who is the signal for?

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, March 2, 2006, 12:00:04 »

you are wrong,how many times does it need explaining.
the lad failed his fucking test for not signalling,so he was wrong.
robertT has made it simple for you to understand in the above post,mirror, signal, monoeuvre.
there are alot of asshole truck drivers but most are the best drivers on the road.
personally i have had to pass 3 tests to drive the vehicles i do and have had 3 different instructors and 3 different examiners so are they all wrong like me then?. i indicate my intentions always, traffic or not.test or normal driving.
it's ok i suppose not to indicate if there is nothing about but human error means vehicles or pedestrians wont always be spotted,so its better to do the right thing always than sometimes when the driver thinks there is nothing about and get it wrong and cause an accident .
jim

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, March 2, 2006, 13:05:55 »

robertT has made it simple for you to understand in the above post,mirror, signal, monoeuvre.
there are alot of asshole truck drivers but most are the best drivers on the road.
personally i have had to pass 3 tests to drive the vehicles i do and have had 3 different instructors and 3 different examiners so are they all wrong like me then?. i indicate my intentions always, traffic or not.test or normal driving.
it's ok i suppose not to indicate if there is nothing about but human error means vehicles or pedestrians wont always be spotted,so its better to do the right thing always than sometimes when the driver thinks there is nothing about and get it wrong and cause an accident .

I can only conclude that you aren't very bright.  

It may be the thing to do to pass your test but it isn't actually very good driving.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, March 2, 2006, 13:07:57 »

Quote from: "jim"

I can only conclude that you aren't very bright.  

It may be the thing to do to pass your test but it isn't actually very good driving.

Neither is driving around with a passenger in your left ear who keeps rabbitting on about where to go and what to do all the time, but you have to do that in your test as well. Wink

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, March 2, 2006, 13:16:29 »

jim.as for not being very bright,why does a difference of opinion bring you to that conclusion,not that i'm bothered.
i have enjoyed the arguement and still think i'm right though Cheesy
you've gone back on your original point about it not being the thing to do to pass a test,as it clearly is.and it is good driving too as what bad can indicating your intention to manoeuvre do,the opposite can have a bad effect though.
so who's the thick one.
jim

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, March 2, 2006, 13:16:37 »

Quote from: "RobertT"

Neither is driving around with a passenger in your left ear who keeps rabbitting on about where to go and what to do all the time, but you have to do that in your test as well. Wink

Just ignore them like Birdy did - fancy not knowing left from right.  Typical girlie - she was probably thinking about which hosues had new curtains as she took her test. Wink
jim

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, March 2, 2006, 13:24:02 »

jim.as for not being very bright,why does a difference of opinion bring you to that conclusion,not that i'm bothered.
i have enjoyed the arguement and still think i'm right though Cheesy
you've gone back on your original point about it not being the thing to do to pass a test,as it clearly is.
i dont think we will agree but it doesn't make me thick,i disagree with your points but clearly you are not dim.

You are the one who started being abusive - I simply gave up in despair of being able to show that you are wrong.

I haven't contradicted myself or gone back.  It may be what you are taught to do this to pass the test, but it doesn't make it right.
Dazzza

« Reply #40 on: Thursday, March 2, 2006, 13:25:03 »

I've just asked my old instructor.

To clarify if you are turning at a junction you always signal right even if there's no visible traffic as there may well be around the corner of the junction that you cannot see.

However if you are pulling in/out from a parking spot, driving around an obstacle and there is definitely no one to benefit then you would be penalised for signalling  in a test.

As for a roundabout you should as due course as it's unlikely you'll have the full visibility to see that there is nothing coming.  However if you are 100% certain there is not anything there then you wouldn't have to signal.  In test conditions though to avoid doubt you should.

jim

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, March 2, 2006, 13:27:58 »

Quote from: "dazzza"
I've just asked my old instructor.

To clarify if you are turning at a junction you always signal right even if there's no visible traffic as there may well be around the corner of the junction that you cannot see.

However if you are pulling in/out from a parking spot, driving around an obstacle and there is definitely no one to benefit then you would be penalised for signalling  in a test.

As for a roundabout you should as due course as it's unlikely you'll have the full visibility to see that there is nothing coming.  However if you are 100% certain there is not anything there then you wouldn't have to signal.  In test conditions though to avoid doubt you should.

He's wrong too Wink

If he was that good why can't you pass your test, loser :shock:

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, March 2, 2006, 13:29:21 »

when have i been abusive?i have used foul language in sentence but not directed at you personally.
and you have gone back,read your previous posts.
how can it be wrong to indicate your intention to manoeuvre,if done correctly there is no error,but by not indicating there clearly is.
like i said before if nobody is about to witness the signal then fine but you cannot guarantee that you will see all that is around you,therefore a signal is the safest way to go and thats what i was taught.
jim

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, March 2, 2006, 13:30:41 »

when have i been abusive?i have used foul language in sentence but not directed at you personally.
and you have gone back,read your previous posts.
how can it be wrong to indicate your intention to manoeuvre,if done correctly there is no error,but by not indicating there clearly is.
like i said before if nobody is about to witness the signal then fine but you cannot guarantee that you will see all that is around you.

We aren't going to agree, are we?

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, March 2, 2006, 13:34:21 »

no, but get your facts right first pal.
i dont mind being proven wrong but you are clearly wrong on this.
i haven't back tracked but you have.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: