Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: HTC Desire  (Read 58045 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Sunday, September 19, 2010, 11:30:50 »

O2 are a bunch of rip off merchant wankers so I find that surprising.

*I'm not bitter*

I just checked and it is any phone except if it's an O2 exclusive. It's really simple to do as well, just fill out a form on their website and it gets done automatically within a few days. I find it surprising as well, not sure why they do it but then there isn't any reason for them not to - you're still tied to the contract.

I always found Orange to be a bunch of wankers.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 14:36:53 »

I'm getting frustrated that when the phone rings I take it out of my pocket and becuase I have touched something on the phone when taking it out it usually automatically answers so I don't have an option of rejecting or answering
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 14:52:36 »

I'm getting frustrated that when the phone rings I take it out of my pocket and becuase I have touched something on the phone when taking it out it usually automatically answers so I don't have an option of rejecting or answering
Assuming it's locked, you have to swipe to answer/reject the call. Either set it to autolock before putting it in your pocket, or don't stroke it when you take it out
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #183 on: Thursday, September 23, 2010, 01:36:40 »

Does anyone still have shit battery life? Mine's been awful the last couple of days (just about getting 10 hours use). I'd topped up the charge in drips and drabs when the phone was fully on eventually getting to full (or close to it). Before this I was getting about 28 hours, even with wi-fi on most of the time and a lot of usage. I couldn't find any rogue applications causing this, so it looked like a strange battery issue to me.

So I let the phone run down to 5% charge, turned it off, took out battery for a couple of minutes, put it back in and charged the phone whilst turned off for a few hours (I think 4).

Result being nearly 21 hours of use and still over 40% battery left and this is using it more than the other days I was getting shit battery.

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Thursday, September 23, 2010, 06:42:48 »

Does anyone still have shit battery life? Mine's been awful the last couple of days (just about getting 10 hours use). I'd topped up the charge in drips and drabs when the phone was fully on eventually getting to full (or close to it). Before this I was getting about 28 hours, even with wi-fi on most of the time and a lot of usage. I couldn't find any rogue applications causing this, so it looked like a strange battery issue to me.

So I let the phone run down to 5% charge, turned it off, took out battery for a couple of minutes, put it back in and charged the phone whilst turned off for a few hours (I think 4).

Result being nearly 21 hours of use and still over 40% battery left and this is using it more than the other days I was getting shit battery.

do you frquent the XDA forum? you'll be best off getting help that that.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #185 on: Thursday, September 23, 2010, 07:20:40 »

I'm on there on occassion. I think the problem is fixed now though
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Thursday, September 23, 2010, 09:11:25 »

FWIW, I've found battery life seems to have dramatically improved since getting the FroYo update. But I've read plenty of people who've had success with Si's "fix". Not had to do that myself, although I may try it anyway just to see if I can go from 2 days - 3days without charging
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Thursday, September 23, 2010, 13:37:37 »

I'm going to try that now, I'm barely getting 10 hours standby at the moment waiting for a new battery as I have nearly everything switched off and it just dies
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 07:01:45 »

Just got the FroYo update, quite liking it so far, the working embedded YouTube vids are cool, as is the half-screen keyboard when the phone is sideways. Hopefully that'll stop that annoying 'double text' bug.

otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 08:18:18 »

Why do you have to pay to unlock them?

O2 let you unlock the iPhone (and I guess other smart phones) from day one of your contract (you still have to pay it though). Is it just Orange being wankers?

Because the phone was sold to be used on their network isnt it, if you unlock it and put a sim from another network in it they wont make any money out of you

5 league goals and counting...

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Monday, September 27, 2010, 15:27:51 »

Just bought one on of these on clearance on three, though http://www.buymobilephones.net/...

£50 up front, and £20 per month for a refurbished phone, 500 minutes per month, 5000 texts and 1gb data. Love it for the money! Really good data signal (far better than my friend's o2 signal) and surprisingly excellent customer service to boot! 

Had it a few days, and absolutely love it! Beers
Sussex

« Reply #191 on: Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 07:18:31 »

Got a message on mine last night (o2) saying there is a 2.2 update available, guessing it's that Froyo thing.

Any idea how long it takes? It's 87mb - 11 hours and still going.
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 07:26:16 »

its a virus, I have infected your precious phone whaaaa ha ha ha ha
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #193 on: Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 07:36:31 »

11 hours over wi-fi?
Sussex

« Reply #194 on: Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 07:37:20 »