Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New cricket season..  (Read 4595 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, April 10, 2008, 18:17:35 »

Quote from: "Minnesota Fats"
I wish Wiltshire CCC weren't just a minor organisation.

If they ever got the chance to throw their lot in with the big boys, I'd gladly sever all my ties with Somerset and start supporting them instead.

Who was the biggest ever cricketing name to play at the County Ground? (In the cricketing sense, I hasten to add).

Fred Trueman?

I watched Alan Border trying to ping sixes through the as was then, Rendevous  Club window, just as well he missed as I don't think we could have afforded to replace it.

Imran Khan, came and fielded just in front of me....my oldest was about 8 months old and crawling about by the boundary rope.  I was hoping Imran didn't trip over him.

I'll own up to a frisson of excitement....Khan seemed a descendent of Genghis, via a few Moghuls, a prince among men.  Had  I been a bird think the knickerage might have got a bit wet.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, April 12, 2008, 08:37:54 »

I'm expecting the usual rubbish from Middlesex this year.Well in the CC 2nd divison,20/20 stuff and the FP trophy at least,didn't do bad in the 40 over game has to be admitted.  Although as we've gone up a league it'll mean we'll be fighting relegation from the start.

Ah well can't beat sitting at Lords when the sun is shining,even if you are watching your team lose in 30 overs  Smiley

Plus i'm off to watch England play an odi at Headingley Cheesy hoping it won't rain this time though!

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Spud

« Reply #17 on: Saturday, April 12, 2008, 10:51:38 »

I was looking at ticket prices for the England ODI internationals and the robbing bastards want £50+ for tickets!.....fuck that, the sooner people stop going then the greedy ECB may put the price down to a more affordable level.
larwood

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, April 12, 2008, 11:27:39 »

£30 for mine.It is up North though  Wink  Prices for the London ones are way too much.Maybe try and get a test ticket,might be a bit cheaper?

Anyone excited about the new addidas England kit?Its obviously so ultra modern and stylish that they aren't even showing any pictures of it yet  :roll: Know i can wait for it  Wink

http://store.ecb.co.uk/stores/ecb/products/kit_selector.aspx?selector=190

And fate has just
Scot Munroe

« Reply #19 on: Saturday, April 12, 2008, 12:10:40 »

maybe going to see England vs RSA at Cardiff in september. just sorting out the money side.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, April 18, 2008, 17:49:51 »

Leicestershire look like they might actually win a game!!! As long as it dont rain

Things get better but they never get good
neville w

« Reply #21 on: Monday, April 21, 2008, 09:47:14 »

Quote from: "Spud"
I was looking at ticket prices for the England ODI internationals and the robbing bastards want £50+ for tickets!.....fuck that, the sooner people stop going then the greedy ECB may put the price down to a more affordable level.

Trouble is, while they're selling out, there's no incentive to drop prices. God knows what they'll be charging for Ashes tickets next year.
fatbury

« Reply #22 on: Monday, April 21, 2008, 10:24:37 »

I like the new one day kit - more professional - like a blue Aussie one

Somerset made a good start yesterday - good old Blackwell

and i see Straussy is in top form for the Pink brigade at Middlesex! Larwood will be happy
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, July 31, 2008, 09:59:33 »

I'm expecting the usual rubbish from Middlesex this year.Well in the CC 2nd divison,20/20 stuff.

It's always good when you've no expectations so are pleasantly surprised..
larwood

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, July 31, 2008, 13:02:07 »

You a bit bored today Reg  Wink  Middlesex have been utter pants with bells on since the 20/20 competition started so being winners this year has come as a shock to every Middlesex fan.Also we went into the quarter and semi finals as the underdogs and came through both of them so it isn't just the Middlesex fans who've been surprised.

But yes,it has been nice to be proved wrong Smiley

I'm hoping your being in the Merlin prior to the portsmouth game is going to become a regular thing Reg,would be nice to sit and have a good old cricket chat with yourself [and the others of course] every match day.
« Last Edit: Thursday, July 31, 2008, 13:39:15 by larwood » Logged

And fate has just
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: