Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Southend - Official Match day Thread  (Read 32604 times)
Spencer_White

« Reply #225 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 20:13:57 »

De Vita impressed me today, won headers consistantly. Something Ive accused him of wimping out of.
Glad Devera showed some form today. Hopefully his nervous bedding in period is over.
McCormack, fantastic performance, switching positions during the game, well done.
Kerrouchi, great effort rate and a good goal.
Connell, lots of good touches.
J Smith, great competitor after he came on. Great goal.
Kennedy did better than Caddis for me (again) dangerous balls into the box.
Risser, shame about the injury, looking good at centre back.
Storey - good pace. Never seen the lad before, but looks very promising.

Fans - cracking atmosphere today. Southend were threatening to get back into it 10 minutes after it went 2-0, but the fans really put down a marker today. Vintage.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #226 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 20:15:17 »

that is all bull shit, apart from them being bad

Give em a chance, they haven't even got to one page yet
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #227 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 20:18:29 »

Just got in from a monster 13 hour shift so gutted i missed the game. Cheers for write up on the game people.Seen a few different mom so that's a good sign
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 20:19:35 »

Storey does look like he's bulked up a bit - compared to how he looked during his brief cameos last season
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 20:24:05 »

Sour grapes from Southend United fans?? Average at best soapy tit wank

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?68066-Swindon-Town-2-Southend-United-0

I liked this gem:

'we lost to a badly organised Swindon side who played Alan McCormack at centre half for most of the game. Enough said. '

Essex cunt
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 20:32:35 »

I liked this gem:

'we lost to a badly organised Swindon side who played Alan McCormack at centre half for most of the game. Enough said. '

Essex cunt

In all fairness to him .... defensively we do seem to be an accident waiting to happen, inspite of which keeper/central defensive combo we go with.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 20:34:39 »

In all fairness to him .... defensively we do seem to be an accident waiting to happen, inspite of which keeper/central defensive combo we go with.

Depends on how long we have to wait for though...think i could handle a few more matches Cheesy
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 20:37:26 »

but he suggests we went out there with mccormack as a 1st choice cb, doesn't even mention he started in midfield or that the player he replaced back there is a midfielder who was asked to play there due to injuries and a suspension.

it's just spin to try and focus on something else other than the fact they were crap
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 20:47:38 »

Was a good game and a good performance by us. We deserved it as from the off we offered a lot more than Southend did going forward. We played some really good stuff on occasions on the floor with slick passing and Southend couldn't keep up with us. If we did this for 90 minutes we'd beat a lot of teams this season.

Defence again looked pretty dodgy when defending set pieces and crosses. With the makeshift backline we had though I thought we did well. McCormack was outstanding coming in at the back. He didn't put a foot wrong there. Devera had his best game for us since joining and Ferry isn't coming back to his best again with regular football now on offer. Lanzano needs games and I feel he'll come good in time. His moments of madness are probably down to him still settling in etc.

Oh and great goal from Smith as well. Sweet strike that. Kerrouche impresses me more with each passing game.

Pleased with that win and onto Crawley next. It's pretty clear that our pre-season work on fitness is starting to bear fruit now the season is a month or so old. We looked a lot sharper than Rotherham and Southend and our players just keep running and running. 2 tough away games next but bring it on.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 20:57:54 »

or that the player he replaced back there is a midfielder who was asked to play there due to injuries and a suspension.

Agree with your overall point, although it seems to me that Risser is probably more CB than CM anyway.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 20:59:28 »

Agree with your overall point, although it seems to me that Risser is probably more CB than CM anyway.

i did nearly use "" or italics for the word midfield but chose not to.  Smiley
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 21:19:27 »

I'm unsure if you mean this in a good or a bad way?

Storey - if you combined O'Brien and Blair Sturrock you would get Miles Storey.

Sorry, it was meant as a flippant remark as his brief appearance was pretty uneventful. I thought he ran around a lot with good effect at times (like Sturrock) but had the pace and occasional promise of O'Brien. Hopefully without the ability of O'Brien.
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Sunday, September 11, 2011, 00:47:57 »

Not much too add as most has been said,

their number 6 who was taken off got crunched someone, Ritchie I think and lost it.
Him led down in the penalty area punching the ground after not getting the pass to him was one of the funniest things i've seen at the county ground.

and I fucking hate teams that bring a drum.

But I am 2 for 2 in my match day threads!

Spencer_White

« Reply #238 on: Sunday, September 11, 2011, 07:46:44 »

I think they were too embaressed to use the drum after a while.

When we got going, their fans sat down and gave up. Hee haw. No point them even trying.
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 11, 2011, 13:44:10 by Spencer_White » Logged
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Sunday, September 11, 2011, 08:40:59 »

I thought the Town End and Alan McCormack at CB were the surprise packages yesterday.

Loved the We are Paolo's red hot army with the "S-T-F-C !" rejoinder and seeing off that irritating drum was commendable.

As well as being treated to some last ditch and crunching tackles, Mac wasn't bad in the air and with Devera having his best game for us I thought we looked quite good at the back - albeit not difficult with Blair to mark and generally one of the poorest performances at the CG by a visiting side for a while.

Good judgement by PDC to give Miles Storey some playing time and "rest" Kerooosh too ahead of Tuesday.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: