Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Southend - Official Match day Thread  (Read 32589 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 19:30:17 »

Capello takes a right pasting in the press for being unable to speak English properly after every England game .... How long has Paolo been in the country?
I don't think Paolo's grasp of the language is the problem... he's just a bit mental.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 19:32:27 »

Same as me,in Otterburn and then onto Edinburgh,forgoton how nice the border country is around Northumberland.

Yep, t'is a fantastic part of Britain  Yes
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 19:37:52 »

Same as me,in Otterburn and then onto Edinburgh,forgoton how nice the border country is around Northumberland.

I'm driving 500 miles to the Isle of Skye in November for a wedding. Should I take snow chains and/or a sleigh with huskies ??
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 19:41:46 »

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, the players do look fit as fuck.... as I think someone else in this thread said the Southend players looked a bit porky and just couldn't keep up with the tempo and intensity that our boys were working at.

Right at the end, game won, Southend corner, eventually cleared all the way back to their keeper - Alan Connell sprints the full length of the pitch chasing the ball down like a possessed wild man. Fantastic.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 19:42:09 »

I'm driving 500 miles to the Isle of Skye in November for a wedding. Should I take snow chains and/or a sleigh with huskies ??

A flask would be my advice.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 19:46:47 »

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, the players do look fit as fuck.... as I think someone else in this thread said the Southend players looked a bit porky and just couldn't keep up with the tempo and intensity that our boys were working at.

Right at the end, game won, Southend corner, eventually cleared all the way back to their keeper - Alan Connell sprints the full length of the pitch chasing the ball down like a possessed wild man. Fantastic.

it's the work we do when we don't have the ball, as you say at the end, that shows this most.  we gave them so little space and closed them down quickly all the time.  our inability to do this over the years has been one of our biggest downfalls, lets hope we reap the benefits and make it one of our strongest attributes from now on
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 19:47:51 »

Sour grapes from Southend United fans?? Average at best soapy tit wank

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?68066-Swindon-Town-2-Southend-United-0
Dozno9

« Reply #217 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 19:53:51 »

When we played Rotherham I thought there was a distinct difference in the two teams regarding fitness and today it was very apparent. We always looked like we could step up a gear and cruised to an easy win in the end.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 19:55:47 »

When we played Rotherham I thought there was a distinct difference in the two teams regarding fitness and today it was very apparent. We always looked like we could step up a gear and cruised to an easy win in the end.

We got to 2-0, got the cigars out. Job done. Even had chance to take a few off with Tuesday in mind and still control the game. Keroosh had an ice pack on his ankle after the game. Hopefully a precaution.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 19:57:11 »

Sour grapes from Southend United fans?? Average at best soapy tit wank

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?68066-Swindon-Town-2-Southend-United-0

that is all bull shit, apart from them being bad
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 19:57:27 »

Kerrouche got fucking crunched. Had a good view of it up in the DRS.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 20:04:06 »

Want to echo the praise for the Town End today, fantastic and it was infectious and spread around the ground. thought once we had settled after the re-re- shuffle we played a good high tempo passing game. Well happy tonight.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 20:07:21 »

not a great game, but we deserved it, although i did think southend were fucking awfull, need to train on defending set peices, nearly got caught out a few times in the first half, ferry again superb but yet again subbed :sherlock:devera still looks nervous, where was flint, think we are starting to settle now, cant wait for tues against crawly, this will be the test COYR, on another note i noticed pox had 8000 at home today Hmmm

Don't worry the Scum sponsors have been doing promotional tickets to get the fans in to watch their shite.

Unrest at the Pox ...... Total wankey fans and always have been. Full of shite.

We are Paolo's Red & White Army STFC.

Enjoyed today and a team are going to get spanked at Swindon by a few goals this season.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 20:09:11 »

Went straight back to work after the match so am only just home to post.

That was a really enjoyable game today - a team with no defenders against a team with no strikers. The ref let an awful lot go which helped the tempo of the game.

Special mention for the Town End today, that was the most consistent noise we have had for a few seasons (and a real plus point is that the Arkells seems louder this season as well). Ther STFC chant was proper intimidating - much more of that please.

Devera was my MOM, with Ferry close behind.

Lanzano is a bit nuts. Kerrouche goes down too easy. Kennedy was a lot more disciplined today.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 20:11:17 »

Really enjoyed that today.

Not our most fluent performance this season, but well worth the win, and more importantly a clean sheet and Southend didn't really have too many chances.

McCormack, in an unfamiliar position, was outstanding - has been v committed in every game I've seen him in this season and showed it again today. MOTM.

Devera had by far his best game for us, hopefully that's more his level of ability and he's just taken a few games to settle.

Thought Ferry and Smith controlled the middle of the park really well, and Ritchie was always a threat as usual (would still like him to stop going for a shot every time he gets a yard of space though)

Would be more than happy if that was our regular strike partnership this season as well, Kerrouche looks class and runs and runs, Connell's movement was good didn't really get a sniff apart from a few long range efforts though. Seem to work well together, would be good to see them get a run of games to build up an understanding.

As others have said well played the TE today, especially in the second half - great atmosphere.

And the icing on the cake hearing the Crawley score as I was leaving, after all Evans' talk about di Canio last week he's made himself look a right cunt. Again.

With a bit of luck we can pile on the problems for him on Tuesday.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: