Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Southend - Official Match day Thread  (Read 32580 times)
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 18:50:44 »

It sounded like Di Canio was saying Flint had a bone problem.  Maybe something has been misdiagnosed nandd has shown up in an x-ray? dunno just guessing
stfcinbmth

« Reply #196 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 18:51:41 »

Just back,long drive home from Scotland,good result and from the messege i recieved from a mate at the match it could have been four.
He also said the crowd was brilliant so well done all,the Merlot is about to be taken to task.

Keep it going Di Can.

Spoke to Boo on the phone earlier, he was well happy as you can imagine(could have been beer goggles) Don't think he will forget but remind him to get my ticket for Barnet on the 24th  Pint
Bet it was cold up there
Dozno9

« Reply #197 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 18:52:33 »

was sung in a different key yeah,

Excellent. That's 4 yes'
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 18:57:39 »

apparently jonathan swift scored our 1st...
Huwwy

"The world is my lobster"

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 18:58:15 »

reception in my car was crystal clear and i couldn't understand a fucking word he was saying

PdC's interviews remind me so much of Ossie's.When he was on the radio after games, four of us would sit in absolute silence in the car and still have 4 different versions of what he said. Give me that over 'one word' Hart any day though. Love it!
Dozno9

« Reply #200 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 18:59:24 »

apparently jonathan swift scored our 1st...

I thought I heard that correctly.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 19:01:00 »

Most comfortable i've seen us all season, good value for the win.
Southend looked pretty crap and not very fit at all.
A lot of their players looked slightly overweight, including Blair Sturrock.

Nice to have a ref that let the game flow, I hardly noticed him today, so must mean he had a good game.

Good little run of form building, just in time to play Crawley, who got fucking hammered today!
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 19:04:45 »

McCormack was immense at the back today and i feel that his presence there helped bring the best out of Devera today.  When Risser went off i was worried about our backline but McCormack restored my faith and made some crucial interventions to snuff out a rare Southend attack.    

Ferry had an excellent game today too and that pass was fantasticly finished by Kerrouche which did the whole move justice.  

Connell worked hard today but he was clearly marked out the game because whenever he got the ball there was 1 or 2 Southend players on him all the time.

J.Smith slotted in well to midfield and capped the game with a great goal.  His 2 footed tackling still worries me though.

Fair play to the ref today he really let the game flow and i think he's been one of the better referees we've had in a long time.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 19:13:00 »

Bet it was cold up there

I got back from Scotland last weekend and can confirm that autumn started up there in mid August.  I'm not joking.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 19:14:33 »

I got back from Scotland yesterday. It was pretty warm all last week. I was in the southern bit mind you. Only 10 miles north of Berwick.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 19:19:28 »

I got back from Scotland yesterday. It was pretty warm all last week. I was in the southern bit mind you. Only 10 miles north of Berwick.

Same as me,in Otterburn and then onto Edinburgh,forgoton how nice the border country is around Northumberland.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 19:23:35 »

reception in my car was crystal clear and i couldn't understand a fucking word he was saying

Capello takes a right pasting in the press for being unable to speak English properly after every England game .... How long has Paolo been in the country?
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 19:25:03 »

Great game, I can't remember the last time we secured a 'routine win' at home.

McCormack was fantastic at the back, brave and committed - really got in where it hurt!

Ferry was outstanding and brought other players into the game intelligently, I did think the team performance dropped when he got subbed.

Kerrouche and Connell looked to have struck a basic understanding up front, so happy with that!

Other players also turned in their best performances so far - Kennedy, Devera and De Vita.

I thought Lanzano looked ok, he's definitely gonna provide some excitement this season. I think he performed better when playing the sweeper role during the game, but he did make a top drawer save from Sturrock - when he decided to play in goal.

Fantastic goal from JSmith, he has a sweet right foot, the proverbial traction engine, you knew it was in from the moment it left his boot.

On the whole, well pleased with that.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #208 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 19:28:32 »

Great game, I can't remember the last time we secured a 'routine win' at home.

McCormack was fantastic at the back, brave and committed - really got in where it hurt!

Ferry was outstanding and brought other players into the game intelligently, I did think the team performance dropped when he got subbed.

Kerrouche and Connell looked to have struck a basic understanding up front, so happy with that!

Other players also turned in their best performances so far - Kennedy, Devera and De Vita.

I thought Lanzano looked ok, he's definitely gonna provide some excitement this season. I think he performed better when playing the sweeper role during the game, but he did make a top drawer save from Sturrock - when he decided to play in goal.

Fantastic goal from JSmith, he has a sweet right foot, the proverbial traction engine, you knew it was in from the moment it left his boot.

On the whole, well pleased with that.

All sounds very promising, well pleased with that
betty_swollox

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 19:29:31 »

Devera was MOM for me. Won everything in the air and his heading was a lot more direct than in previous games. The team really look like they're linking well now, which has to be down to keeping a fairly consistent 11 now.
Went straight to McDonalds over Asda after the game and right behind me in the queue were De Vita and Lanzano. They couldn't of even showered and they must of left the CG straight away.
It's a disgrace...some of those burgers have over 600 calories in them...think they're going to have to do running in the morning.
Can't wait for Tuesday night now.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: