Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Southend - Official Match day Thread  (Read 32596 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 18:17:49 »

was sung in a different key yeah,

You sang in a different tune! Good effort all round though.

On the attendance front, 6800 ish, that's not too bad given the relegation, prices and the fact we've had a few home games in quick succession (if you include Saints in the Carling Cup).
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 18:22:47 »

I'm unsure if you mean this in a good or a bad way?

Storey - if you combined O'Brien and Blair Sturrock you would get Miles Storey.

I think he's just compared a teenager making his 2nd appearance for Town to two players in their mid to late 20s. I just ignored it.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
woolster

« Reply #182 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 18:26:15 »

not a great game, but we deserved it, although i did think southend were fucking awfull, need to train on defending set peices, nearly got caught out a few times in the first half, ferry again superb but yet again subbed :sherlock:devera still looks nervous, where was flint, think we are starting to settle now, cant wait for tues against crawly, this will be the test COYR, on another note i noticed pox had 8000 at home today Hmmm
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 18:27:04 »

I would have thought the point was, he makes intelligent runs in the channels like Sturrock did for us (yes, he fucking did - just a shame no one else picked up on them and it and filled the box) and he's quick like O'Brien.

I could of course be wrong (for once)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #184 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 18:27:34 »

I enjoyed that today and we looked like a team rather than a collection of individuals. McCormack was MOM for me. The good news is that you could put forward several names for MOM, always a good sign. Devera looked like the player we'd hope he'd be rather than the bag of nerves we've seen. Kennedy looked better at the back but his delivery was a bit off today. Caddis had a great game. Lanzano looks as though he's going to be the opposite of Smith and come off his line for everything- got a bit lucky today. Ferry had his best game this season for us and Smith scored a great goal and added a physical presence in the air as well on the ground where apart from one challenge his studs stayed. DeVita had a great first half but looked to run out of steam. He's got a great touch and good vision - I'd like to see him play in the hole if we ever lined up that way. Connell also has a great first touch and fantastic play for the 1st goal. Kerrouche is a latter day Chalky - chases everything. Connell and Kerrouch must be a right pain in the arse for defenders - always looking to drag them out of position and chasing every lost cause. Great team goal for the 2nd as well.
In the first half i thought we'd finally got a ref who realised it was a contact sport - he was excellent. In the 2nd however he'd left his brain in the changing room.
All in all a good win and we go above the Scummers so the normal order is being resumed.  
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 18:32:44 »

All I really got was the fact that it wasn't Flint's fault  Hmmm

I think Di Canio has quite a flamboyant way of talking (as do most Italians) which makes it sound like he's having a go at someone when that may not nescessarily be the case...or something. Who the fuck knows?

I probably have totally the wrong end of the stick but could it be construed as him having an issue with the in house medical team as in Kate Cady?
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 18:37:11 »

i can offer nothing with regards pdc's take on flint's injury, the reception was going in the car by then so paolo and interference wasn't a recipe for understanding the sentiment
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 18:38:01 »

reception in my car was crystal clear and i couldn't understand a fucking word he was saying

Things get better but they never get good
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 18:41:59 »

I never can. It makes me laugh.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 18:43:29 »

I probably have totally the wrong end of the stick but could it be construed as him having an issue with the in house medical team as in Kate Cady?

Yes, I vaguely picked up on him being not at all happy with the diagnosis. Although when he said it was not Flint's fault the interviewer asked him straight who's fault he thought it was. He then just went rambling on again and didn't answer the question.
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 18:45:21 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
phelpsieboy

« Reply #190 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 18:44:45 »

My radio signal was pretty bad, but all I heard Paolo say was Aden had a bum probably and had problems with poop. I think what I heard was far from the truth
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 18:45:15 »

My radio signal was pretty bad, but all I heard Paolo say was Aden had a bum probably and had problems with poop. I think what I heard was far from the truth

haha thats what i htought i head  roo

Things get better but they never get good
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 18:46:35 »

I definitely heard 'poop' mentioned. We're gradually piecing this mystery together. Roll Eyes
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 18:47:50 »

Just back,long drive home from Scotland,good result and from the messege i recieved from a mate at the match it could have been four.
He also said the crowd was brilliant so well done all,the Merlot is about to be taken to task.

Keep it going Di Can.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 18:48:18 »

L2 goals to be shown on sky sports news shortly
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: