Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Southend - Official Match day Thread  (Read 32606 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 17:32:02 »

Apparently worse goes on at B'mth. Their scummy chairman got on the PA half cut at the the end of the game and offered the North Stand out. I'm only hearing this 3rd hand by the way

Where are you, where are you, lets be havin' you.

Excellent if true!

edit: tehehe
http://www.courtoffside.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79898
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 17:34:40 by Batch » Logged
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 17:33:55 »

lanzano is going to get caught out sooner or later with his walkabouts
caddis looked solid at the back, but didn't have his best game in terms of delivery
thought kennedy played well
devera had his best game in a town shirt
feel sorry for risser, not sure if he was rushed back or not. mcormack did very very well slotting in at center back. i wouldn't like to rely on him back there though - if he comes up against someone with a bit of a physical presence he'd come off second best i feel
Ritchie was alright. not his best game for us, but full of effort.
de vita started brightly but faded
smith too had his best game for us. used the ball a lot better than usual. top notch goal too
ferry was boss. we have something really good down the right hand side, with him ritchie and caddis. they link up soooooo well, epitomised by our second
kerrouche was decent
connel ran around

paula abdull didn't do much of note when he came on and, other than having a really bizzare running style, neither did storey.

think we were fortunate their zlatan lookalike went off at half time, as he was their only real outlet and without him they offered nothing. we NEED to learn how to defend balls into our box too.

all in all, a solid performance. i won't get carried away with things, but it's encouraging

Things get better but they never get good
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 17:39:27 »

I kept thinking he said that Flint had a bum problem. I listened to the whole interview but don't think I understood a word of it...

The overall impression today was a very positive one. We looked solid for (almost) 90 minutes and for the first time that I've seen us this season we've clicked. My only concerns were the keeper and the defending at the back post again. Player by player...

Lanzano - makes me nervous as hell and needs to tone down his eccentricity and enthusiastic kicking but looks a pretty decent keeper. Better option than Smith.
Caddis - solid performance as ever, combines so well with Ritchie. The weak link out wide in terms of delivery though, he seems either reluctant to cross and instead looks for a pass back to Ritchie or he wastes the final ball.
Devera - close contender for MOTM, looked confident and assured at the back and dealt with everything that came at him.
McCormack - my concerns at him being moved to CB were unfounded, fair play to him for adjusting to an entirely unfamiliar position and doing so well. However, I think he might have looked a little worse had he been up against Harris (or a forward who isn't Blair Sturrock).
Kennedy - better defensively today, was left a little exposed at times but coped well. As with Caddis his delivery isn't always the best and was wasteful at times.
Ritchie - drifted out of the game entirely second half but gave his usual performance. If his form continues I think we'll struggle to keep hold of him in January.
Ferry - my MOTM. Not sure why he was substituted again - 4th game in a row? - but showed the sort of form that earnt him so much admiration during the play-off season; won the ball, used it well and popped up all over the place.
Smith - great goal but still not convinced, seems like the game passes him by most of the time and always throws himself into tackles late.
De Vita - looks a far better option out wide, appears to have been given a bit of a roaming role by PDC.
Kerrouche - took his goal well. I thought he gave the ball away too easily at times today when trying to run at a crowd of players but his attitude is superb.
Connell - his effort to keep the ball in play led to Smith's goal. A true professional.

Abdulla - much the same as his debut, will slot into the team well if required.
Storey - if you combined O'Brien and Blair Sturrock you would get Miles Storey.

At times we looked shaky in the second half and couldn't hold on to posession when we should have done which invited unnecessary pressure, a team with more up front may have punished us. Defensive cover is desperately required regardless of Comazzi's availability on Tuesday night and McCormack's performance as a makeshift CB.

Crawley is going to be tough on Tuesday, particularly after their loss today. Did anyone else notice di Canio praising Evans on the radio?

Special mention for their number 7 (Grant?) who repeatedly attempted crunching tackles and finally connected with one. Subsequently vanished from the game and fell over spectacularly just in front of the DRS to get a free-kick.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #168 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 17:40:00 »

Where are you, where are you, lets be havin' you.

Excellent if true!

edit: tehehe
http://www.courtoffside.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79898

Ta for that Batch, it's just a shame no one took him up on the offer. He said at a fans forum during the week "If you don't like the way the club is being run, go and watch Southampton instead" Grade A cunt

Sorry to go on about B'mth in our match thread

Great we got the points without playing too well
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 17:43:29 »

Ta for that Batch, it's just a shame no one took him up on the offer. He said at a fans forum during the week "If you don't like the way the club is being run, go and watch Southampton instead" Grade A cunt

Sorry to go on about B'mth in our match thread

Great we got the points without playing too well

Bournemouth are gonna 'do a swindon'

Things get better but they never get good
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 17:46:26 »

Clarke scored today. Long may it continue.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 17:54:06 »

I noticed on the BBC stats that Morecambe only had 2 shots on target but scored 6. How does that work?

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 17:55:17 »

Apparently worse goes on at B'mth. Their scummy chairman got on the PA half cut at the the end of the game and offered the North Stand out. I'm only hearing this 3rd hand by the way

Is that the same chairman who told fans to 'go and support Southampton' if they weren't happy with his regime?

EDIT: Just seen what you said above, apologies for the repetition.
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 17:59:19 by Processed Beats » Logged
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 17:57:43 »

Also wanted to mention the noise in the Town End today, thought it was bloody brilliant.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 17:59:42 »

Also wanted to mention the noise in the Town End today, thought it was bloody brilliant.

Did they 'retune' "Oxford fan on a piece of string" or was it my ears?

WE are Paolo's Red and White army..STFC...
Dozno9

« Reply #175 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 18:01:02 »

Really good today, back to being the engine room.  Clap
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 18:11:33 »

was sung in a different key yeah, think it was yoofs who started it - i hate that chant anyway
Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 18:12:38 »

Yeah, well done Town End today...it wasn't not exactly full, but there was consistent noise...you even managed to drag a load in the DRS into songs too...the atmosphere was so much better today, probably because the team were comfortably better that Southend today, and we played good football for long periods of the 2nd half.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #178 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 18:13:35 »

Is that the same chairman who told fans to 'go and support Southampton' if they weren't happy with his regime?

EDIT: Just seen what you said above, apologies for the repetition.

That's the one
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 18:15:11 »

I'm unsure if you mean this in a good or a bad way?

Storey - if you combined O'Brien and Blair Sturrock you would get Miles Storey.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: