Poll
Question: Would you go and watch town play if they moved to J17?  (Voting closed: Wednesday, December 20, 2006, 10:16:47)
Yes - 14 (17.5%)
No - 57 (71.3%)
Dunno - 9 (11.3%)
Total Voters: 51

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: WOuld you still go if Town moved to J17?  (Read 7692 times)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, December 20, 2006, 22:10:22 »

Quote from: "STFC_Gazza"
I think there is a rule in place saying a club cant move more than 20 miles from its "natural" home so chippenham, is in that area.

There is?  :?
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, December 20, 2006, 22:11:19 »

Quote from: "Fred Elliot"
Quote from: "STFCLady"
Definitely not. Moving to J17 would be suicidal for the club.

Say's somebody who's moved 4,500 miles away     Wink

Oi! I have every intention of returning which will probably be bad news to some but how many people are joining the trust from 4,500 miles away?!  Cheesy
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, December 20, 2006, 22:13:08 »

Quote from: "swindon_chick"
I thought you was up in London Gaz?

Decided not to go. My Nan is coming back from the hospital tomorrow so want to get a good nights kip at home for when she returns, plus I thought it would be called off due to fog.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, December 20, 2006, 22:13:34 »

Quote from: "RichPullen"
I think there is a rule in place saying a club cant move more than 20 miles from its "natural" home so chippenham, is in that area.

I could be wrong, hence why I said I think....
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, December 20, 2006, 22:25:12 »

Oi! I have every intention of returning which will probably be bad news to some but how many people are joining the trust from 4,500 miles away?!  Cheesy
:sorry:

Calm down dear...............its a consortium
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, December 20, 2006, 22:25:59 »

Quote from: "RichPullen"

I could be wrong, hence why I said I think....

Blinding Gazza

Ace !
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, December 20, 2006, 22:33:19 »

:sorry:

Calm down dear...............its a consortium

Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, December 20, 2006, 22:35:29 »

http://www.independentfootballreview.com/doc/comments/33.pdf

An interesting read. It's a complaint made by a group of Wimbledon supporters about the relocation to Milton Keynes. If worst comes to worst, there's some great examples to take on board and enforce.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Friday, December 22, 2006, 08:03:12 »

No way in my opinion it is no longer Swindon and would probably change name in time as well, if we went there it would be no different to Franchise  Crying
Amir

« Reply #54 on: Friday, December 22, 2006, 08:17:04 »

Don't see how this could possibly work given the amount of people who would be against it, I mean where would they glean a new support base from when only moving 20 miles away?  

It's a drastically different situation from moving to a town 70 miles away with a population of 1/4 million.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #55 on: Friday, December 22, 2006, 08:58:03 »

Quote from: "Amir"
Don't see how this could possibly work given the amount of people who would be against it, I mean where would they glean a new support base from when only moving 20 miles away?  

It's a drastically different situation from moving to a town 70 miles away with a population of 1/4 million.

They would hope to attract more fans from Bath and Chippenscum and hold on to the hope that some Swindon fans would still go. They would also figure if the club was winning people would go.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, December 22, 2006, 09:50:49 »

I think the point is most people in those Towns are close enough that they'd already have gone to games if they fancied it.  Plus we have Bath RFC and Chippenham Town close by so it would be much harder to replace everyone that would stop going.
Amir

« Reply #57 on: Friday, December 22, 2006, 10:02:49 »

:?

Bath is a rugby town foremost obviously and is closer to Bristol than J17, plus if anything it's Rovers because of Twerton.  

The Nam is STFC and don't you forget it.  Admittedly a move would probably attract more people than at present travel to the CG because of the amount of people with no local ties who might fancy a game if it's on their doorstep, still I can't see there being a huge difference in numbers.

Basically they would rely heavily on current town fans deciding it was better than having no club at all, and that to me is a huge gamble in comparison with the MK scenario.
quinnismyhero

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, December 22, 2006, 10:08:50 »

I would go but I don't live in swindon - I spent years travelling to swindon from london for every game.  I dunno what is wrong with you wingeing cunts who always brag about a 5-minute walk to the ground - will give you all a bit of backbone to see you make a REAL effort to see your team  Cheesy

Although J17 can be nearly 40 minutes from me on a bad day which makes swindon easier
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, December 22, 2006, 10:54:14 »

I can't wait to start supporting The Chippenham Robins!

Wink

It's All Good..............
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: