Poll
Question: Would you support the Orange Revolution?  (Voting closed: Monday, December 4, 2006, 21:37:51)
Yes - 43 (82.7%)
No - 7 (13.5%)
Not sure - 2 (3.8%)
Total Voters: 33

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Would you support the "revolution"?  (Read 3681 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, December 4, 2006, 22:14:02 »

Quote from: "Sussex Red"
I voted no Jan. Not because I wouldn't support it, just don't think it's very workable. Say, for example, 500 people went along with the idea then they'd be dotted around the ground and I can't see it making any kind of impact. If they were all in one part of the ground, maybe, but that'll never happen.

Added to that, being up near the away fans in the Arkells last Saturday, you can't even see the back half of the Town End. Presumably it's the same from the Nationwide.

A fuck off huge orange sheet on the bank (with a few choice words on it?) would maybe have more of an impact?

Just my thoughts though.

(orange is a shit colour too!)

Cheers for your thoughts Sussex.  Doesn't stop you from wearing an orange symbol (ie like people do for Rememberance Day) on your top though does it?  Doesn't have to be a sea of orange as I don't think that'd ever happen, but if say a decent percentage of fans were walking around with an orange something or other on the board would hopefully notice.  Especially if those in corporate hospitality worn something with Luggy's favourite colour on.
sonic youth

« Reply #16 on: Monday, December 4, 2006, 22:17:42 »

as a catholic, i'm not sure i'm allowed to wear orange.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, December 4, 2006, 22:19:25 »

:shock: I didn't even think about that, I'm a catholic too!!!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, December 4, 2006, 22:28:17 »

Brilliant! Jan's subverted himself into launching the biggest pro-Paisley demo ever seen in Wiltshire! Can we all wear bowler hats as well?  
Amir

« Reply #19 on: Monday, December 4, 2006, 22:32:49 »

Chants of No Surrender all round then.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2006, 00:11:12 »

jan this could be good, not sure if mex would sponsor something but I would be happy to buy some orange t shirts etc, sure other people would as well.

millom red

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2006, 04:19:18 »

Im up for the Orange idea. As has been stated, unless you can perhaps get a hard core in one area wearing orange(or big fuck off  sheet painted orange with some words or other going over the town end) and people dolling out orange ribbons or something pre-match then why(other than pub time,thinking of the dolling outer's, but that can be overcome if you get right people in the right places at the right time in certain places) cant it work?

I think Luggy would have a giggle, but on a serious note, we need to be carefull not to alienate luggy in that we dont want to  make him unconfortable with his incumbent employers, whilst he tries to understand the politics that exist beteween said incumbent board and the fans, and trying to get us out of this god awefull division we find ourselves in.

Cheers,
millom

f it dont need fixing....dont fuckin break it

Await The Day
Piemonte

« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2006, 09:40:52 »

Quote from: "pauld"
Brilliant! Jan's subverted himself into launching the biggest pro-Paisley demo ever seen in Wiltshire! Can we all wear bowler hats as well?  

I'm going to bring a orange flute and burn an orange effigy of the pope to show my support for the UDA, sorry,  the consortium
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2006, 09:48:41 »

I don't think getting a shit load of orange stuff around the ground is going to be a problem as I'm guessing Jan is posting on more than a whim based on his responses to people like Yeovil.

Don't worry Yeovil, I'll be drunk as well but I'm sure I can attack you with some orange hairspray or something before you enter the ground.  Just be sure not to open your eyes.

Orange sheet with a bit of white wording would be good and cheap if you can find the material.  Turn up in advance with the flag gang and I'm sure you'll be able to get it in.
Frasier3

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2006, 10:28:27 »

Quote from: "pauld"
Brilliant! Jan's subverted himself into launching the biggest pro-Paisley demo ever seen in Wiltshire!  

And now we have our very own King Billy marching back into town behind the Orange Order. :king:
flammableBen

« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2006, 11:41:58 »

Quote from: "janaage"
:shock: I didn't even think about that, I'm a catholic too!!!

I'm a quater Catholic Priest. So despite never being to a catholic church service (or infact any church service apart from a wedding and a funeral or 2) I'm about a bigillion times more catholic than all of you.

I wonder if that means I can fight vampires? Is Diamandis actually a vampire? If so, does he keep poor Willie locked away, barely alive, so he can feed off him each night?

These are all very important questions which need answering.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2006, 13:09:27 »

I reckon we shoukd have orange ribbons lie the AIDS red ones....handed out for a bonus 50p as you join the Trust.

AIDS and this board, two of the world's greatest perils.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: