Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mixing music  (Read 2244 times)
oxford_fan

Ignore
« on: Friday, April 27, 2012, 20:14:44 »

I need to make some CDs for my road trip in America, but I don't just want track after track like a standard CD. I'd like the songs to be mixed together, and I have a Mac. Is there software that will do it for me? Ableton maybe? Garage Band doesn't seem to be able to match tracks up automatically, I'm not good enough to mess around with tempos and that to get a good mix.

Can I do it with Vinyl as well? I've got a record player and can set it up to play into my Mac.

I'm also taking normal albums and mixes done by DJs and that, just wanted to do some of my own if possible.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, April 27, 2012, 20:16:43 »

When I was DJing I used Ableton occasionally
Then I started using my decks with my laptop and Serato

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, April 27, 2012, 22:01:53 »

So will Ableton do it then?

How about Serato?
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, April 27, 2012, 22:03:39 »

Ableton should do, its fucking fiddly to use though
Serato is more for DJing and you need to buy a box for it

« Reply #4 on: Friday, April 27, 2012, 22:26:21 »

Traktor is the bollocks if you're using digital decks. Vinyl would be OK if you can hook up the decks to your PC or Mac.

Mapping can be a pain in the arse, but worth it when it's set up properly.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, April 27, 2012, 22:40:28 »

Forget trying to use Ableton, it's over kill for what you want and it'll take you ages figuring out how to use it.

Try this, the free version looks like it's got everything you need - http://www.virtualdj.com/

Otherwise djay on the app store is popular, costs £14 though. I've got the iPad version which is fun, but not a pro tool.

If you want to use vinyl you'll need to convert it to aac/mp3/wav/apple lossless/whatever first.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, April 27, 2012, 23:09:37 »

I don't have digital decks, I've got a Technics 1210. Perhaps I won't mess around with the turntable stuff, which is a bit of a shame as my best music is on vinyl.

Thanks jonny I'll give VDJ a go, actually downloaded it ages ago but forgot about it.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, April 27, 2012, 23:13:50 »

I don't have digital decks, I've got a Technics 1210. Perhaps I won't mess around with the turntable stuff, which is a bit of a shame as my best music is on vinyl.

Thanks jonny I'll give VDJ a go, actually downloaded it ages ago but forgot about it.

Judging by the stuff you've posted on the music thread, why dont you hire some rednecks in a rusty 57 chevy to follow you around, playing banjo's and banging kitchen utensils? job done.
Spud

« Reply #8 on: Friday, April 27, 2012, 23:14:30 »

Where's Give_us_an_S when you need him? AKA 'The Sound'.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, April 27, 2012, 23:29:55 »

Judging by the stuff you've posted on the music thread, why dont you hire some rednecks in a rusty 57 chevy to follow you around, playing banjo's and banging kitchen utensils? job done.

I couldn't give a monkeys if someone, even in real life and not on here, doesn't like the same music as me, and I can't understand why anyone would.

......Actually I have a fair idea in this case.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: