Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wreh of Hope  (Read 2763 times)
walrus

Ignore
« on: Thursday, March 10, 2005, 16:01:31 »

http://www.swindontownfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10341~638012,00.html

Even if Chris Wreh turns out to be a reformed character and back to his best, where does this leave Proctor, Slabber, Fallon and Roberts?  I like to see ambition but cannot see the need for yet another striker.

In my opinion, we have the unenviable task of trying to find Parkin an adequate partner, which so far during his 3 seasons here, we have been unable to do.  Mooney was the closest to an ideal partner, but even then the two did not always compliment each other as a forward duo should do, such as Bergkamp and Henry when they are on-song.

Proctor for me is the closest to being able to combine with Parkin, but he is of similar build and I would like see someone with more pace - perhaps Wreh can fit this mould.  This for me explains the downfall of Fallon, who alone is a superb striker.  However, alongside Parkin he, like so many other strikers, looks decidedly average and his strengths are cancelled out by the seeming dip in form of Parkin.

For example, Fallon is a good ball-winner and holding up the ball, but this is already in Parkin's game, so appears a needless skill.
Piemonte

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, March 10, 2005, 16:10:08 »

Interesting.............

where does it leave Proctor & Slabber?

Proctors going back to Rotherham soon I imagine

Slabber is rubbish, and I think King has realised it. We wont be signing him permanantly

Lets Hope Wreh does well on trail. Always thought he was shite for Arsenal but at our level if he could recapture his best form he could be a great signing.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, March 10, 2005, 16:12:37 »

I think it's highly unlikely anything will come of it, but if he does sign for us it'll be a total waste of our time.

Had a lengthy debate about him with Dazza on the old forum
http://www.thisisstfc.co.uk/forum_new/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14795
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, March 10, 2005, 16:13:32 »

well, christopher wreh wasn't too bad for arsenal in all honesty, but had a recent triasl at buckingham town, so shows that he has gone far down in the world, but if he can finish then yeh why not. proctor only here for a month. slabber useless. Roberts still injured. Fallon i dunno about, still useful in my opinion but we need goals!
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, March 10, 2005, 18:26:25 »

sonicyouth, I'd rather have Opara, but there we are.
 :Ride On Fatbury's Lovestick

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, March 10, 2005, 18:51:18 »

Quote from: "Johno"
well, christopher wreh wasn't too bad for arsenal in all honesty, but had a recent triasl at buckingham town, so shows that he has gone far down in the world, but if he can finish then yeh why not. proctor only here for a month. slabber useless. Roberts still injured. Fallon i dunno about, still useful in my opinion but we need goals!

i think we need to stop the goals going in down our end rather than score more. is king ever going to bring in that extra midfielder we all want?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, March 10, 2005, 19:36:59 »

Quote from: "blinkpip"
sonicyouth, I'd rather have Opara, but there we are.
 :Ride On Fatbury's Lovestick

I still would, Opara's scored in non-league recently whereas Wreh hasn't.
DMR

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, March 10, 2005, 19:42:17 »

Who honestly still gives a flying about Lloyd Opara?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, March 10, 2005, 19:43:02 »

Not me, never did bud. don't think you're following properly.
DMR

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, March 10, 2005, 19:43:37 »

Me niether  Cool
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, March 10, 2005, 21:45:13 »

dazza used to post like such a cockney wide boy. he wouldnt have a sentence without some sort of colloquiallism attached.

officially blacker than the night.
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, March 10, 2005, 22:49:08 »

Quote from: "Walrus"

In my opinion, we have the unenviable task of trying to find Parkin an adequate partner

More like a replacement.  I simply can't see him staying if we don't go up this season, and unless we're very lucky that isn't going to happen.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, March 11, 2005, 08:44:56 »

"Buckingham Town, Where Andy King signed Darren Dykes from...."

What the f**K?! So what? I don't understand why the official site comes out with statements like that. Does it really make a difference? Because Darren Dykes as been a legend for us?!!

Don't think Wreh would cut it here. Feel like it is going to be another Opara situation. AK just leave the poor lad at Buckingham and don't get his hopes up and ruin is career...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Dazzza

« Reply #13 on: Friday, March 11, 2005, 12:58:43 »

Get your hands of my colloquialisms Dex.

Who would have thought it!

What a turn up eh Sonic?  Never thought we would ever actually see him.  By the way I have met the moustachioed man in your avatar he is a toastmaster and a very nice man indeed.

He was a good player in the Prem alongside Anelka when they won the championship and he scored a fair few vital goals for the Arse that year.

Chance are I have to concede that he’s going to be lacking so much match practice after being out so long that he’s just not going to be anywhere near sharp enough to be of use this season, possibly at all given the time that’s passed.

Used to keep an eye on the little chap as he’s the sort of player that I enjoy watching and his demise has been in part attitude and in part bad luck.  Not seen or herd of him at all in the last 12 months which sort of says it all really.

I still think that given a good solid pre-season whipping he may just find the edge he had a few years back and be a very useful addition in this league.

Not holding my breath but if he can pull it out of the bag over the next week and earn a contract I look forward to seeing him play.

Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, March 11, 2005, 15:48:42 »

"He looks a little bit overweight" Quoted by AK.
Great another Brian Howard.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: