Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Proctor - Not right for Parkin  (Read 2539 times)
McLovin

« on: Monday, March 7, 2005, 11:43:09 »

Proctor comes in, Parkin fails to score. I don't think it is purely coincidental.

Slabber (as rubbish as his finishing is) does all the donkey work so that Parkin can stay up top and fill the onion bag.  Since Proctors arrival, Parkin has had to go looking more, and thus limits his chances in the middle.

That's my opinion anyway.

Anyone think the same or otherwise?
Titch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, March 7, 2005, 11:45:35 »

You may well be right!  Proctor is quite similar to Parkin so therefore he does not really give Parkin the same feed off options!

y wings are like a shield of steel!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, March 7, 2005, 11:52:08 »

When King was reputedly thinking of bringing in another striker for Slabber, I did question  as whether even King could be that stupid given that we were on a decent run since Slabber came in and Parkin was scoring for fun.  Well I was wrong he could be.
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, March 7, 2005, 12:41:57 »

For once I agree with you David B, Parkin has been having to work for the ball back in midfield again, although mr slabber has not scored a goal for us I think he can hold the ball up a bit to give parkin chance to get into position and he has set him up a treat.   I do think that once Jamie scores he will get the confidence to start banging em in.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, March 7, 2005, 13:49:59 »

yeah i do agree with you there but i did think proctor was our best player on saturday! he was the only one who actually tried!
Piemonte

« Reply #5 on: Monday, March 7, 2005, 14:00:01 »

I think SSP not scoring when playing with Proctor is coincidence.

Slabber is shit, Proctor looks a much better player to me.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #6 on: Monday, March 7, 2005, 14:02:09 »

I'm told Proctor is a lovely man and he and Parkin have loads in common. It is also rumoured that Proctor respects Parkin's feelings, so all in all I think Proctor is right for Parkin.
Piemonte

« Reply #7 on: Monday, March 7, 2005, 14:03:13 »

Super Sam is a bit of a dreamboat Wink  :?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, March 7, 2005, 14:11:21 »

Proctor doesn't look a bad player, but he's nowhere near match fitness and I doubt he'll reach that before his loan is up. Slabber is shite.
McLovin

« Reply #9 on: Monday, March 7, 2005, 16:43:38 »

Proctor has shown me nothing in all of his performances to suggest he is worth persevering with. We had a winning side, scoring goals, and then King changed it. Parkin hasnt looked like scoring since his arrival. I'd go as far as to say Parkin was our best midfielder of Saturday, such is the requirement for him to go looking for the ball when Proctor is in the side.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, March 7, 2005, 16:51:53 »

Fallon is ideal for Parkin in some ways. Always looks for the pass when through on goal!

Roberts is the best player to sit alongside SSP because he has pace, moves wide and allows Parkin freedom in the middle.
Shame he got a damn hernia really!
Nils

« Reply #11 on: Monday, March 7, 2005, 18:55:59 »

Roberts back soon I pray.
DMR

« Reply #12 on: Monday, March 7, 2005, 20:45:00 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
Fallon is ideal for Parkin in some ways. Always looks for the pass when through on goal!

Roberts is the best player to sit alongside SSP because he has pace, moves wide and allows Parkin freedom in the middle.
Shame he got a damn hernia really!

Part one- bollocks.

Part two- yes, and Proctor is the striker who is most like CR.

Parkin and Proctor looks fine to me
Piemonte

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, March 8, 2005, 09:56:22 »

For the second time in 2 minutes I agree with Russell :shock:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: