Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sam Parkin  (Read 3303 times)
Barry Potter

« Reply #15 on: Sunday, March 6, 2005, 12:45:53 »

Be interesting to see how Sam does in a decent championship side. Next season could make or break him,assuming he moves then if he does well in the championship then the world is his lobster and the premiership beckons,if he flops then we can always take him back.
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, March 6, 2005, 13:31:09 »

i did see him at work. he almost knocked a 14 stack o fglasses out of my hand, i looked up and gave him a dirt ylook, realised it was him and pointed in his face and said "ha you're sam parkin" then moved on.

then he was singing "i'm coming up ,i want the world to know"
parkin and duke were hits with the ladies but smith was just gormlessly behind them peering in on the fun

officially blacker than the night.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #17 on: Sunday, March 6, 2005, 17:21:17 »

Well he got the award:

Trio are handed February awards
Marcus Tudgay
Tudgay has helped propel Derby into play-off contention
Derby County forward Marcus Tudgay has been named as the Championship's player of the month for February.

Tudgay, 22, was on target three times as the Rams continued their push towards the play-off places.

Swindon striker Sam Parkin also had a prolific month - netting five goals in five league games for the Robins - and claims the League One award.

And in League Two, Macclesfield striker Matthew Tipton is honoured after scoring four goals in three games.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/4323847.stm
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #18 on: Sunday, March 6, 2005, 17:44:26 »

more Parkin is great shit:

Parkin Takes Award

Swindon Town striker, Sam Parkin, has won the February Powerade Player of the Month Award in Coca-Cola League 1. Parkin's award gives Swindon Town the February double with Andy King winning the Coca-Cola Manager of the Month award.

Parkin took his goal tally for the season to 19 last month, scoring five in five games. The striker, who celebrates his 24th birthday in a couple of weeks, has been one of the main reasons for his team's rise up the table in recent weeks. The former Chelsea youngster, who signed a full contract with The Robins in 2002, is certainly repaying the faith put in him by the club when they chose to make his loan deal from the Blues permanent.

The awards, sponsored by Powerade, the Official Sports Drink of The Football League, are designed to recognise the top performances on a monthly basis in each level of the Coca-Cola Football League.

The Powerade Awards panel, chaired by Sky Sports pundit and Coca-Cola Ambassador Chris Kamara, made the decision.The panel also includes Jack Taylor from The Football League who refereed the 1974 World Cup final, Gerry Cox, Chairman of the Football Writers Association and Malcolm Clarke, Chairman of the Football Supporters Federation.

Kamara said, "Sam has scored five goals in five games this month and has helped put Swindon right up there and on target for the Play-Offs."

Sam Parkin

Parkin spoke exclusively to swindontownfc.co.uk after picking up the award: "It's pleasing to pick up the award obviously. The teams form has picked up in recent weeks and thankfully i have managed to score a few goals as well.

"We have remained unbeaten throughout the month and it has put us in with a good chance of getting into the playoffs.

"You don't get many awards in your career and it means the world to me to be honest. There is not that much recognition at this level and this is probably the only award given out each month and to get it this time is fantastic.

"It's been a good month especially with the manager getting the award also, so hopefully we can push on into the playoffs and have a good run until the end of the season."

from the official site
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: