Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: No Points Needed and Southampton Next Season  (Read 28120 times)
dell boy

« Reply #225 on: Sunday, April 12, 2009, 11:48:11 »

Hartlepool do seem to have the toughest run-in, 5/1 looks well over the odds to me.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Sunday, April 12, 2009, 11:51:32 »

I want H'pool to stay up, great away weekend.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Sunday, April 12, 2009, 11:57:27 »

Northampton will go down. They've been shit as of late

Things get better but they never get good
Spencer_White

« Reply #228 on: Monday, April 13, 2009, 09:55:48 »

Northampton have a really tough run in as well. They do have Hereford at home. But their other games are Leeds, Scunthorpe and McDons. Tough
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Monday, April 13, 2009, 12:34:07 »

I'm still convinced that 49 points will mean safety, maybe even the 48 we already have (due to our goal difference).

Cheltenham and Hereford can't catch us and Brighton would need to get 10 points from 5 games and I can't see them doing that, which leaves just one place. Comes down to whether Northampton can catch us, they have a nightmare of a run in and I can't see them getting 6 points myself.

Then there is Crewe and Carlisle (and to a lesser degree Hartlepool) - we'd only need one of them to have nightmare and lose all their remaining games and we're already safe. Crewe and Carlisle would both have to get at least 4 points from their final 4 games to go above us, I can't see them both doing that.

I know everyone says form goes out of the window at this time of the season but I don't buy it myself. If you've been shit over 42 games, you're likely to be just as shit in the final 4. Plus I guarantee you that every single team below us would very happily change places with us at the moment.

Rich Pullen

« Reply #230 on: Monday, April 13, 2009, 12:54:44 »

I won't rest until we're mathematically safe. As long as Northampton and others have games in hand (regardless who it's against) we can easily drop again.

Although, I'm currently content because after Leeds away a month ago it looked bleak.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Monday, April 13, 2009, 17:59:21 »

Nothing really changed today with Carlisle and Cobblers losing.

I still think Northampton will go down.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Monday, April 13, 2009, 18:04:11 »

Incidentally  Bormuff are back in the shit..after a couple of defeats.

We can expect someone down there to feel the hangman's noose and make a bolt for it...Brighton have home games v Oldham and Stockport, they may be shit at home, but if you could pick a couple of fixtures, they'd do.

Going back to Bormuff...two of there last 3 are Grimsby and Chester.
dell boy

« Reply #233 on: Monday, April 13, 2009, 20:00:55 »

Incidentally  Bormuff are back in the shit..after a couple of defeats.

We can expect someone down there to feel the hangman's noose and make a bolt for it...Brighton have home games v Oldham and Stockport, they may be shit at home, but if you could pick a couple of fixtures, they'd do.

Going back to Bormuff...two of there last 3 are Grimsby and Chester.

Hoping Bournemouth and Grimbsby survive, at least they have reasonable support. Chester FC is a joke of a club, the Conference awaits.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Tuesday, April 14, 2009, 08:25:11 »

Agree Chester do seem a bit pointless.

Dagenham and Redbridge. Crying  Fuck me, what a depressing thought.

We couldn't even beat Dagenham on its own in the 80's....Redbridge is massive and weird.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Tuesday, April 14, 2009, 09:18:43 »

Chester's ground  is half Welsh. For that reason they should go down.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Saturday, April 25, 2009, 16:46:23 »

Cheesy
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Saturday, April 25, 2009, 17:21:25 »

Chester's ground  is half Welsh. For that reason they should go down.
I think it's a lot more than half Welsh actually. I think the letter box for the club offices is in England but everything else is in Wales. So on this technicality they can play in the English (non)League. Mind you, they probably wouldn't even set the League of Wales alight Cool
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: