Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A419 accidents  (Read 14329 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« on: Saturday, May 18, 2013, 11:48:03 »

Two in a week. Three young adults killed in two seperate accidents. Sad state of affairs but you have to ask why? Both around 5am, both groups in their 20's.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, May 18, 2013, 12:20:50 »

Final Destination
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, May 18, 2013, 12:47:04 »

Two in a week. Three young adults killed in two seperate accidents. Sad state of affairs but you have to ask why? Both around 5am, both groups in their 20's.
todays were teenagers and its very sad to hear of such things, but the truth is, young drivers seem to think they are invincible, i was the same at that age, but lucky enough not to get into any accidents.
I sometimes wonder how i got away with some of the things i did.

I dont mean to sound insensitive by the way.

Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, May 18, 2013, 13:15:17 »

I think of the stupid shit I did when I started driving and its a wonder nothing serious happened. Pure dumb luck.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, May 18, 2013, 14:05:23 »

The statistics of fatalities and accidents with young drivers is alarming. No wonder insurance premiums are so high. 2 fatal accidents and an 18 year old jailed in a week in swindon alone.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, May 18, 2013, 14:09:06 »

Even when bad drivers are caught, they're given a little telling off.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/10428353.Mum___s_anguish_as_crash_driver_is_given_21_month_jail_term/?ref=mr

"Earlier, prosecutor Hannah Squire told a packed courtroom how just hours before the crash, Cowley, who had only passed his driving test four months earlier, had been warned about his erratic driving by police."

Warned? Just start banning them for their own safety aswell as others.

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, May 18, 2013, 14:12:38 »

Bad driving doesn't get the punishment it deserves. I think the laws need to be considerably harsher.
fatbasher

« Reply #7 on: Saturday, May 18, 2013, 14:39:09 »

Most of us are tucked up in bed at that time of the morning. I'll not be surprised if one of drugs, alcohol and tiredness are factors in both accidents.

Sad loss of life, a waste infact but you can legislate all you like. You have to catch 'em first. If you don't or can't then cases like this though infrequent are the worst case scenario.   
woolster

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, May 18, 2013, 14:51:16 »

The standard of driving these days is appalling, what do you have to do to pass your test these days Hmmm
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, May 18, 2013, 15:09:34 »

The standard of driving these days is appalling, what do you have to do to pass your test these days Hmmm

The test is a lot more thorough though. Hmmm
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, May 18, 2013, 15:37:02 »

Should there be a restriction on the number of passengers a young or inexperienced can have? There were 5 people in this recent crash. I know when I was a teenager, I drove like a twat but particularly when egged on by my mates. Saying that, it was rare for girls to have accidents at 17/18 - nearly all lads in my experience.

The advent of mobiles and texting wont be helping though.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, May 18, 2013, 16:34:28 »

The only way we will stop young people dying on our roads .....is to make sure they are not young when they are driving.

21 minimum age unless accompanied by an adult.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, May 18, 2013, 16:35:53 »

The only way we will stop young people dying on our roads .....is to make sure they are not young when they are driving.

21 minimum age unless accompanied by an adult.
It's hard enough for 18-21 year olds to find a job already without forcing people to reply on a useless public transport system.

Sadly I don't think there is a lot that can be done, new drivers will always be more dangerous on the roads by virtue of inexperience and adding youth to the mix is just adding naivety.

Zero tolerance to drink driving as opposed to a low level of tolerance would make a difference IMO
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, May 18, 2013, 16:39:11 »

Hate to say it but at 5am it would almost certainly be drink or drugs with 20 something's. yes it maybe being presumptious but you don't come off the road for no reason. Two people were killed, and could have been a lot lot worse.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, May 18, 2013, 16:47:50 »

It's hard enough for 18-21 year olds to find a job already without forcing people to reply on a useless public transport system.

Sadly I don't think there is a lot that can be done, new drivers will always be more dangerous on the roads by virtue of inexperience and adding youth to the mix is just adding naivety.

Zero tolerance to drink driving as opposed to a low level of tolerance would make a difference IMO

So you are saying a youngster would take more notice of zero tolerance Hmmm

The family of any dead young person would just love to have there kids alive and struggling to find work.

If trying to find jobs are tougher then so be it if it keeps our young people alive.

Its not anti young people..its common sense.
« Last Edit: Saturday, May 18, 2013, 16:50:39 by leefer » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: