Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dirty Serbian cunts!,  (Read 14776 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Thursday, October 18, 2012, 09:50:04 »

If you're going to try and have a debate about a subject perhaps you should use evidence to back up your points. So what if UEFA threatened to ban a country with appalling historical form from the 70's and 80's.

Do you mean for things like pitch invasions and broken crossbars?  Wink
« Last Edit: Thursday, October 18, 2012, 12:33:21 by 4D » Logged
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Thursday, October 18, 2012, 12:20:20 »

With all these threats though I wonder  why they didn't get banned after causing the postponement of the Ireland match?

I take it you're referring to the 1995 game in Ireland where the trouble was caused by Combat 18, a neo-Nazi organisation with no interest in football other than using it to cause trouble and promote their beliefs. The British Police knew they were going and were going to cause trouble and informed the Irish Police and offered them assistance in dealing with it - the information was ignored and the assistance refused. The official report found that if the Irish Police had acted on the information and accepted the help of the British Police the trouble would have been avoided.

So if you'd checked the facts and the evidence you'd have known they weren't banned after this game as the trouble was caused by neo-Nazi's and the incompetence of the Irish Police.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #92 on: Thursday, October 18, 2012, 15:58:38 »

All I need to know about Serbia, I learned from the popular motion picture 'A Serbian Film.'
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Thursday, October 18, 2012, 18:57:15 »

All I need to know about Serbia, I learned from the popular motion picture 'A Serbian Film.'

Just looked that up on IMDB - don't think I'll be rushing to get that DVD.
I can't imagine that it was sponsored by the Serbian Tourist Agency!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Thursday, October 18, 2012, 19:13:55 »

I take it you're referring to the 1995 game in Ireland where the trouble was caused by Combat 18, a neo-Nazi organisation with no interest in football other than using it to cause trouble and promote their beliefs. The British Police knew they were going and were going to cause trouble and informed the Irish Police and offered them assistance in dealing with it - the information was ignored and the assistance refused. The official report found that if the Irish Police had acted on the information and accepted the help of the British Police the trouble would have been avoided.

So if you'd checked the facts and the evidence you'd have known they weren't banned after this game as the trouble was caused by neo-Nazi's and the incompetence of the Irish Police.

Was it nazis kicking off in 98 too then?
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Thursday, October 18, 2012, 19:27:36 »

No that was definitely football hooligans, I was in Marseille when it kicked off at the Prado beach between the English, Tunisians and French amongst others.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Thursday, October 18, 2012, 19:46:34 »

Was it nazis kicking off in 98 too then?

I guess you're talking about the incident at the 1998 World Cup where German fans beat a French policeman to a pulp, leaving him in a coma for six weeks and with permanent brain damage? Think it was suspected that Nazi groups were involved with hooliganism in Germany but not sure if there was a link in this case.
Flashheart

« Reply #97 on: Thursday, October 18, 2012, 19:57:44 »

I think Jan was being a tad tongue in cheek.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Thursday, October 18, 2012, 20:07:16 »

Trouble in Marseile, trouble in St Etienne. I'm not having a go at England fans here at all, as there are good and bad in all support, but I don't buy this opinion that UEFA are out to get England. In fact they're probably pro England due to the cash that is brought into the game through England.

I also think it's an insult to the families of the Heysel victims that some english people seem to think because they got banned after that event other countries should get banned for the kind of thing that happened on Tuesday - which was completely out of order.

jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Thursday, October 18, 2012, 21:52:42 »

For too long UEFA were too harsh on England over the hooliganism. It's a lot better now but they still seem to see it solely as an English problem and refuse to accept it's a problem in a lot of other countries. Though there is still plenty of anti-English sentiment in the world of football for various reasons, some of it self inflicted.

I agree about a ban not being the answer, as I don't think it will solve anything. What solved the problem here was the change in attitude across the board, from the Government, the FA, the clubs, the press and right down to the fans. If a fan throws something on to the pitch or makes a racist chant the chances are they'll get grassed up to the stewards on the spot. Failing that they'll be tracked down one way or another and dealt with.

Unfortunately the behaviour is tolerated, accepted and in some cases supported in other European countries.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Thursday, October 18, 2012, 22:20:06 »

I think regardless of whether were a bunch of cunts as well or not, UEFA are a pile of shit and the history they have of punishments is all over the shop.  We can only wait and see, but I can only guess that there will be no more than a pathetic fine for the serbs and probably a fine for us as well. 

After which people will be pointing to other fines such as Bendtners for advertising pants and the one that Man City got for coming back 1 minute late in a match recently in total disgust.

Never knowingly overstated.
fatbasher

« Reply #101 on: Thursday, October 18, 2012, 23:46:10 »

Trouble in Marseile, trouble in St Etienne. I'm not having a go at England fans here at all, as there are good and bad in all support, but I don't buy this opinion that UEFA are out to get England. In fact they're probably pro England due to the cash that is brought into the game through England.

I also think it's an insult to the families of the Heysel victims that some english people seem to think because they got banned after that event other countries should get banned for the kind of thing that happened on Tuesday - which was completely out of order.

No, you're wrong people want action against Serbia because they have previous on several occasions.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Friday, October 19, 2012, 06:38:45 »

No, you're wrong people want action against Serbia because they have previous on several occasions.

I'll be blunt.  So how many people have the Serb supporters killed? Because I believe that's why uefa banned English clubs, they had no option but to do so after that. Think I'll leave it at that now as I'm probably just going round in circles here.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #103 on: Friday, October 19, 2012, 07:41:02 »

Just looked that up on IMDB - don't think I'll be rushing to get that DVD.
I can't imagine that it was sponsored by the Serbian Tourist Agency!

The IMDB article makes it sound alright to be honest. It is much worse than that. Horrendous.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Friday, October 19, 2012, 21:43:00 »

Ian Holloway rightly lays into the stupid circumstances around the under 21 match. Great interview.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20009560
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: