Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Av  (Read 14379 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Friday, May 6, 2011, 16:21:09 »

The Lib Dems generally last night took the kind of thrashing most politicians would pay good money for
ScillyRed

« Reply #136 on: Friday, May 6, 2011, 16:48:05 »

First declaration in from Scilly Isles comes in at around 2/3 no, 1/3 yes. So that's the two blokes voting no and the dog voting yes. Reckon that will probably be similar nationally.

Excuse me - we are quick off the mark here & I was involved  Cheesy Cheesy
ps it's the Isles of Scilly or Scilly
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Friday, May 6, 2011, 16:52:55 »

Lib Dems have conceded already. Ones in the cabinet no less.

Knives will be out.
sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Friday, May 6, 2011, 16:53:51 »

Slightly off thread but it was good to see that bumbling baffoon Montaut finally resign from being Labour leader in Swindon.....

Some good definitely came of last night Smiley

Wise men say........
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Friday, May 6, 2011, 16:57:21 »

Excuse me - we are quick off the mark here & I was involved  Cheesy Cheesy
ps it's the Isles of Scilly or Scilly
My apologies. Please forgive my Scilliness
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Friday, May 6, 2011, 16:58:26 »

Slightly off thread but it was good to see that bumbling baffoon Montaut finally resign from being Labour leader in Swindon.....

Yes, whatever your views as to who you want to see holding the reins of the council, we need an effective opposition. Slightly surprised to see you hoping for a Labour revival though Monsieur Shagger
sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Friday, May 6, 2011, 17:04:44 »

I'm not really Paul - but I cannot face reading more diatribe by the man....

He never had anything to say unless it was simply slagging off something the council did

At least if they vote in someone decent there could be an effective opposition - and lets face it even the most ardent Tory (which I'm not .... quite ...) would like to see some checks and balances locally

However the last thing I would like to see is a Con/Lib government and a Labour local council - that didn't work so well before the last general election when Labour were holding the power centrally, and the Tories had power locally - Swindon was overlooked for funding time and time again....

Wise men say........
Lumps

« Reply #142 on: Friday, May 6, 2011, 18:46:14 »

Derek Montaut Labour leader! Fuck me I thought it was as bad as it could be when Sue Bates was bringing the council to its knees. Who's next up Kevin Small? (If his mum lets him)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Friday, May 6, 2011, 19:25:24 »

Derek Montaut Labour leader! Fuck me I thought it was as bad as it could be when Sue Bates was bringing the council to its knees. Who's next up Kevin Small? (If his mum lets him)
Montaut replaced Small. It's been a right old talent-fest in the Swindon Labour group the past few years Smiley

Word is Bob Wright could be next up, he's pretty decent, so hopefully as ss said we'll get some effective opposition
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Friday, May 6, 2011, 19:39:07 »

Montaut replaced Small. It's been a right old talent-fest in the Swindon Labour group the past few years Smiley

Word is Bob Wright could be next up, he's pretty decent, so hopefully as ss said we'll get some effective opposition

Montaut and Wright are both Central councillors. I've had to put up with Montaut's ramblings at the monthly Broadgreen residents meetings, but at least he does turn up. Bob Wright cannot be bothered, and the other Central councillor, Junab Ali, wouldn't probably know where Central is even if it was pointed out on a map to him !!!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Friday, May 6, 2011, 20:16:46 »

Montaut and Wright are both Central councillors. I've had to put up with Montaut's ramblings at the monthly Broadgreen residents meetings, but at least he does turn up. Bob Wright cannot be bothered, and the other Central councillor, Junab Ali, wouldn't probably know where Central is even if it was pointed out on a map to him !!!
Like in most wards, they work as a team, just like the MPs do. So one will cover one event, the others will cover others. It means they can get more done collectively than if they all have to turn up at everything. It's something all the political parties do including, as I say, our two Tory MPs. The idea that Bob Wright can't be bothered is nearly as laughable as your failure to understand the basic mechanics and Junab Ali is very active in the ward from what I hear. But please don't let any of that get in the way of your one-eyed spin.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Saturday, May 7, 2011, 22:58:07 »

The Lib Dems generally last night took the kind of thrashing most politicians would pay good money for

All of which is hilarious and apparently it was all Thatcher's fault (if in doubt, blame...) Anyway the 'good natured' Lib Dem leadership issues continue to be resolved in that lovely lentil-munching way which they excel in.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Sunday, May 8, 2011, 08:15:58 »

All of which is hilarious and apparently it was all Thatcher's fault (if in doubt, blame...) Anyway the 'good natured' Lib Dem leadership issues continue to be resolved in that lovely lentil-munching way which they excel in.

The Express and the Daily Mail as sources? Come on!

I had a quick look at both and I can't see anywhere in the first one where Thatcher is mentioned except for the headline and this paragraph:

Yesterday the Lib Dem leader invited ridicule after claiming that many voters in local elections in the North had deserted his party because they feared a return to “Thatcherism” as a result of his coalition alliance with the Tories.

....which is an isolated word which has been twisted into Express propaganda.

And the Daily Mail one is all based on quotes from his bitter ex-wife from whom he split only a year ago. Perhaps she has some other motives for her comments? Its all allegations too.

I'm all for making politicians look like twats and am not aligned with any of the main parties, but the Daily Mail and the Express are always going to struggle to do that when they're such bellends themselves. And sloppy journalists.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Sunday, May 8, 2011, 09:25:51 »

The Express and the Daily Mail as sources? Come on!

I had a quick look at both and I can't see anywhere in the first one where Thatcher is mentioned except for the headline and this paragraph:

Yesterday the Lib Dem leader invited ridicule after claiming that many voters in local elections in the North had deserted his party because they feared a return to “Thatcherism” as a result of his coalition alliance with the Tories.

....which is an isolated word which has been twisted into Express propaganda.

And the Daily Mail one is all based on quotes from his bitter ex-wife from whom he split only a year ago. Perhaps she has some other motives for her comments? Its all allegations too.

I'm all for making politicians look like twats and am not aligned with any of the main parties, but the Daily Mail and the Express are always going to struggle to do that when they're such bellends themselves. And sloppy journalists.

Clegg clearly blamed his party's woeful showing on a fear of Thatcherism and a return to the '80s - that is blaming Thatcher - interview here.

Re: the Mail, I wasn't using it as a 'source', my point was that Nick Clegg is in the sticky stuff, Chris Huhne is clearly on leadership maneuvers so it's interesting that the Mail on Sunday go big on a Chris Huhne smear story. Perhaps you think it's a coincidence - I don't.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Sunday, May 8, 2011, 09:31:38 »

the lib dems jumping into bed with the tories is clearly why voters have deserted them.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: