Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 13692 times)
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Saturday, September 1, 2012, 20:59:28 »

Nope. A good one and it cleverly resets the whole Russell T 'every episode has the be the end of fucking world with lasers and sharks and daleks and shark-daleks' thing. Now daleks can just be an enemy - one of many.

Did think it was of a bit of a Dalek retirement home, not an asylum.
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Saturday, September 1, 2012, 21:08:10 »

I just stared at the pretty lady's for 45 minutes to be honest.

red socks

« Reply #107 on: Saturday, September 1, 2012, 21:39:04 »

I just stared at the pretty lady's for 45 minutes to be honest.

The ladies were looking pretty hot tonight it has to be said...

SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Saturday, September 1, 2012, 23:14:31 »

I hadn't watched any dr who since the first few Matt Smith ones as he annoyed me.

Enjoyed tonight's however so may go back and watch them again.

jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 01:32:11 »

Nope. A good one and it cleverly resets the whole Russell T 'every episode has the be the end of fucking world with lasers and sharks and daleks and shark-daleks' thing. Now daleks can just be an enemy - one of many.

I like Moffat but he can twist things too much and drag them out a bit too long. Tonights episode being another good example - in case you didn't realise it the bird on the planet is his next companion. Yes, the one that is dead and prior to being dead was a dalek. Which sounds like River Song all over again.

My prediction - the Doctor gets River Song up the duff and they give the kid to Amy and Rory to raise.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 20:57:25 »

The new bird on it is superb.
westyorksnffc

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Tuesday, September 4, 2012, 09:46:34 »

The new bird on it is superb.

Certainly is, had to do a Google search to see where I recognised her from, and unfortunately it's Emmerdale Farm, she becomes the new companian midway through this serious when the Ponds leave (thankfully - as nice as Amy Pond is, she's bloody annoying).

Forest 'til I die, but a closet Town follower!
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Saturday, May 18, 2013, 18:45:16 »

What the fuck?

Anyone got an explanation?
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Saturday, May 18, 2013, 18:53:15 »

I've been a fan of Who for yonks, I love Nu-Who to bits and will defend it to the death, but there were long parts of episodes in this series where I was shouting angrily at the screen.

THAT. WAS. SHITE. Seriously. What the fuck was the point of this series?!? Honestly?
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Saturday, May 18, 2013, 18:55:49 »

I really loved it,i'm not sure what needs explaining?

/
W56196272
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Saturday, May 18, 2013, 20:17:49 »

I really loved it,i'm not sure what needs explaining?

Not sure I got it.

Were they saying he was The Doctor before he became The Doctor, making him generation zero? And that he did some really bad shit, albeit for a good reason? Which is why he changed his name to The Doctor?
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Saturday, May 18, 2013, 20:24:39 »

Not sure I got it.

Were they saying he was The Doctor before he became The Doctor, making him generation zero? And that he did some really bad shit, albeit for a good reason? Which is why he changed his name to The Doctor?

The way I think it was supposed to work is that before he did bad shit (I'm guessing that'll tie into the whole nicking the Tardis/destroying the Timelords/Daleks at the end of the Time War), he went by his 'real' Gallifreyan name. After that he became The Doctor.

But then you have the stuff that has been set in place in previous Nu-Who about Gallifreyans choosing their names after they've looked into the time vortex when they're kids. So that makes no sense.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Saturday, May 18, 2013, 20:29:05 »

Did he say he took the name The Doctor after and because of what Not The Doctor did?

Or just that Not The Doctor didn't / chose not to go by the name The Doctor?

If it's the latter then it maybe makes sense and could relate to the Time War and he's a generation we didn't know about.

Wasn't The Doctor who stole the Tardis supposed to be young at the time?
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Saturday, May 18, 2013, 20:32:18 »

Did he say he took the name The Doctor after and because of what Not The Doctor did?

Or just that Not The Doctor didn't / chose not to go by the name The Doctor?

If it's the latter then it maybe makes sense and could relate to the Time War and he's a generation we didn't know about.

Banging

Whatever it is it better tie into what he did during the time war, and it better not reveal his real name.

Stuff being confusing is not an excuse for bad writing.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Sunday, May 19, 2013, 09:55:49 »

The popular theory seems to be that John Hurt is an incarnation of the doctor between 8 and 9 who is responsible for ending the time war.

The photo below from the filming of the 50th anniversary special shows him in a blend of 8's victorian threads and 9's black leather jacket.

[url width=618 height=493]http://i2.cdnds.net/13/16/618x493/uktv-doctor-who-50th-anniversary-filming-5.jpg[/url]
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: