Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leyton Orient v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 54777 times)
woolster

« Reply #300 on: Saturday, September 7, 2019, 20:20:14 »

superb day out great result, I fucking love the Isgrove song Pint Pint
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Saturday, September 7, 2019, 20:33:04 »

Wow. That first half...

The side, or should I say, the first 14,15 that we have is brilliant. I genuinely think that 14 is top league one, let alone league 2. We're gonna seriously spank someone 5 or 6 pretty soon.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Saturday, September 7, 2019, 20:36:11 »

For all the hurrah of a promotion chance, hinging on the elusive acquisition of a right-sided defensive half and two ten goal attacking players, it does seem as the season plays out that the former is not as important as the latter. Even the latter seems fairly irrelevant - as it stands on current form, we have the potential of two TWENTY goal attacking players.

A few beverages tonight, let the borborygmi that ensues be a warcry to all, that the town mean business and they are serious contenders for an automatic promotion bay!  Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
willwalder

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Saturday, September 7, 2019, 21:10:23 »

Listen to the latest Talk of the Town here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p07mrrmh
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Saturday, September 7, 2019, 21:14:12 »

In my fleeting elation, I was having a good natured dig at Reg.  May his indomitable caution continue to outrage.
Zero edge from me intended.  It really IS early days.  

However, it  looks like we are playing like an auto contender.  With above average rather than outrageous luck, we are starting to have the squad to maintain that level. It sounded like Grant's performance as Lyden's replacement today supported that.

Oh and what is the Isgrove song, anyone?
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Saturday, September 7, 2019, 21:16:58 »

In my fleeting elation, I was having a good natured dig at Reg.  May his indomitable caution continue to outrage.

However, it  looks like we are playing like an auto contender.  With above average rather than outrageous luck, we are starting to have the squad to maintain that level. It sounded like Grant's performance as Lyden's replacement today supported that.

https://twitter.com/RJThomas_/status/1170409003266039809?s=19

Along with Owen Doyle, baby (Human League) we're starting to get a repertoire of 80s hits going. Feel like there's potential for Keshi and Rio by Duran Duran as welp

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Saturday, September 7, 2019, 21:19:05 »

Ha, that song is ace.

Never knowingly overstated.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Saturday, September 7, 2019, 21:20:31 »

Favourites to win the league with the bookies now.
5-1 to win it,  5-4 to be promoted with Skybet.     Makes the 20-1 pre season price look very generous.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Saturday, September 7, 2019, 21:43:44 »

What a day. So nice to love a town team again, long may it continue.
woolster

« Reply #309 on: Saturday, September 7, 2019, 21:44:04 »

RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Saturday, September 7, 2019, 22:23:01 »

Thanks Woolster, Benzel.

Isgrove is already a bit of a hero.  Indestructible would be handy too.   Pint
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Saturday, September 7, 2019, 22:38:45 »

What with squad numbers & a lot, if not all traditions with regards to numbering and positions gone - there is still nothing quite like seeing #9 banging in the goals.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Sunday, September 8, 2019, 00:55:42 »

Just looking at season stats so far...

Eoin Doyle - 5 goals
Jerry Yates - 4 goals
Keshi Anderson - 2 goals, 2 assists
Lloyd Isgrove - 5 assists.

Some very impressive stats by those four players seven games into the season.

Special mention to Keshi, I was ready to let him move on. Looks a totally different player after being on the verge of leaving the club and performing brilliantly. Showing some of the potential he's clearly always had.
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Sunday, September 8, 2019, 00:58:14 »

Yep the point being that we'll need to win probably something like another 21 or so from 39, and some of the fixtures will look like better opportunities than others.  We'll need to make the most of those, in a 46 game season there will be times when it gets ugly, and it's how you react to that which gets you up.

Ahh, come on.... at least one gimme

Why do I say that? Because, and I know it's been repeated ad nauseum, whether well intentioned or not, you've more or less repeated the same gubble, game after game, year in, year out. Reg bot?

You could readily admit, the amount of either deliberate 'do down' predictions made over the last near on 20 years were more or less wrong every year. And I say that length of time, as I have always assumed you were sleepingminnow on the old MOS site.

For a while I thought you were the ultimate Oxford troll, scouring the web to provide your insight ( I don't believe that now, but there was a phase where I considered it).

Maybe you have it right and inject a dose of reality, but come every game that we have won, it just doesn't appear you actually enjoy it!

To be honest, I'm not actually that bothered, just a bit steaming, but after seeing such a performance I'd have thought you'd at least be a bit bouncing.

Bounce now, bounce too. Bounce for victory, bounce true.
Flashheart

« Reply #314 on: Sunday, September 8, 2019, 01:00:44 »

There is a lot of individual talent in this team. Those responsible for recruiting have done an impressive job, some of our players should not be playing in L2.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: