Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Is It Time We Forgot About Oxford?  (Read 4244 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Sunday, April 27, 2008, 14:22:38 »

Quote from: "janaage"
The problem for us is we are historically the superior club in the rivalry, therefore we don't seem to have the hatred of them that they do for us.  Some town fans dislike Oxford, but the oxford fans I've come into contact with loathe us with an absolute passion.

We need some of that passion.

Being an O*ford fan is defined by an irrational hatred  of Swindon....being a Swindon fan is a bit different...it can include a loathing of O*ford,  but isn't compulsory....take my generation I'd been going to games for some years before we even played O*ford.  There are sizeable numbers who reserve their real loathing for all things Bristhole.
Spencer_White

« Reply #46 on: Sunday, April 27, 2008, 14:51:44 »

I definately agree. When Reading got promoted from div 2 in 2002 they gave it all this 'we'll never play you again' and all that. You see it quite a bit when fans say 'we'll never play you again' and its absolute bollocks. I see Hull doing it on the scummers rivals site. Football is cyclical and quite often fixtures can come round again much quicker than you think.

When fans say 'we'll never play you again' I just think you are a mug. One theory Ive got is that clubs like Reading seem to have a constant turnover of teenager fans. They take an interest while they can get cheap tickets, then never go as adults, partly because they were always part Premiership armchair supporters. No sense of history. No sense of anything apart from the two XI's on the pitch. Plastic.

Whatever it is. Lets put this nonsense about the scummers to bed. They are our hated rivals and always will be.

As for the passion, janaage. I do think the Scummers hatred of us is unhealthy. They are seriously seriously obsessed with us. Spoken to many other sets of fans who think they are just plain sad. It is a negative passion. Whereas we've got a far superior history and sense of romance as a club.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: