Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Is It Time We Forgot About Oxford?  (Read 4246 times)
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, April 24, 2008, 12:36:53 »

Quote from: "Colin Todd"
You live in oxfordshire, so hate the pox more I'd imagine.

Spot on.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #16 on: Thursday, April 24, 2008, 12:38:47 »

I would imagine most of our fans live in Swindon. I reckon Supermarine should be our main rivals on that basis.

We hate Marine, scum
We hate Marine, scum

I might start calling them Sub-parMarine to remind them of their rubbishness.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, April 24, 2008, 12:40:51 »

Poor effort at a wind up.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, April 24, 2008, 12:42:34 »

Wind up?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, April 24, 2008, 13:20:32 »

They'll be back in the league at some point, probably sooner rather than later. Then it depends how quickly they can get out of league two, or what happens to us. It could be 5, 10 or 50 years before we play them again but we will and I'm sure the time apart will make the next clash between the two clubs that little bit more hostile.

We've been taunting Oxford fans about their non league status, plus this is the 10th consecutive season we've finished above them so they'll want their revenge. I'm sure some of our fans are still unhappy over the 1-0 defeat at the Kassam.

It's a shame there won't be another Oxford / Swindon match at the Manor, they were ace. I'm glad I went to them when I could...
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, April 24, 2008, 13:26:13 »

Oxford will win the Blue Square next season.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #21 on: Thursday, April 24, 2008, 13:28:33 »

And with Malpas in charge we may be playing them sooner than we think.

Who needs Mourinho?
We got Marine-io
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #22 on: Thursday, April 24, 2008, 14:19:25 »

They are Scum - pure and simple and I will always hate them regardless of which divisions we are in. I lived in Slave Trader Central for 10 years but always hated the Pox Scum more and still do.
I don't even understand why we would not hate them. What sort of Town fan doesn't hate them? I can't believe we've got fans who don't hate them - freaks.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, April 24, 2008, 16:25:08 »

Quote from: "Tails"
They'll be back in the league at some point, probably sooner rather than later. Then it depends how quickly they can get out of league two, or what happens to us. It could be 5, 10 or 50 years before we play them again but we will and I'm sure the time apart will make the next clash between the two clubs that little bit more hostile.

We've been taunting Oxford fans about their non league status, plus this is the 10th consecutive season we've finished above them so they'll want their revenge. I'm sure some of our fans are still unhappy over the 1-0 defeat at the Kassam.

It's a shame there won't be another Oxford / Swindon match at the Manor, they were ace. I'm glad I went to them when I could...

Yep :evil:

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, April 24, 2008, 16:41:24 »

Quote from: "chalkies_shorts"

I don't even understand why we would not hate them. What sort of Town fan doesn't hate them? I can't believe we've got fans who don't hate them - freaks.

Thats the spirit lad.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, April 24, 2008, 16:44:26 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Oxford will always be our main rivals, okay so they're having a bad time of it at present but they'll be back, that's football.  Look at Burnley and Blackburn haven't been in the same division for ages but the Burnley fans still hate Blackburn.

Oh and Oxford will go up next year, so the gap between us may narrow somewhat.

I don't think you can say that for sure.  Our rivalry with Oxford is nowhere near as fierce as it used to be - for the simple reason that fewer & fewer of our regular fans remember competitive encounters with them.  With every year that passes with them out of the league, the rivalry drops away further.

How many 16 year olds at the County Ground these days have seen a game vs Oxford?  Not many.  If they are still non-League in another 10 years, most of our fans won't give a hoot about them.  There will just be boring old duffers like me, sitting in pub corners and boring anyone who wants listen with stories of 4-1 wins.

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, April 24, 2008, 16:49:37 »

they still hate us with a passion so we must continue our hatred of the scum too.

i for one hope we do get to play them again, as i love the rivalry with them.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, April 24, 2008, 16:52:13 »

Quote from: "arriba"
they still hate us with a passion so we must continue our hatred of the scum too.

On that basis, we should also loathe Gillingham.  (And I can honestly say I couldn't give a rat's arse.)
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, April 24, 2008, 16:55:24 »

Quote from: "arriba"

Again, spot on.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, April 24, 2008, 16:57:50 »

I do keep wondering if I'll ever stop finding it so funny they are non-league...so far I haven't  Soapy Tit Wank

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: