Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Going on holiday to the same place  (Read 5000 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, June 20, 2016, 04:50:17 »

It's lush as the locals probably don't actually say.

They don't as they are all English! My mum lived in Pembroke until she moved into care recently as such we used to have a lot of holidays down there, its fantastic but just always was a little too far from us to do that regularly!

Since we had the little one we have a fortnight in Northumberland every year, same cottage on a farm off the beaten track and walking distance of Alnmouth and loads of beaches, lovely - its very like Pembrokeshire just nearer!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, June 20, 2016, 06:50:12 »

I know some people who go to the same hotel in weymouth, 3 times a year, do the same activities every time and have done so for the last 20 odd years. I find it bizarre, live a little and go somewhere else!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, June 20, 2016, 08:03:40 »

We go to the same place for around a month in total during the year. (Exminster in Devon as I keep my caravan down there) This is now our 4th year doing this. We love the area and the dog comes with us every time so no kennels for him. The owners of where we stay have become friends and we do different things each time we're there, likewise there's things we do each time we're there.
There's pubs and restaurants we like and repeatedly use and enjoying yourself is what it's about so it works for us.
Amir

« Reply #18 on: Monday, June 20, 2016, 08:47:51 »

I've been back to places that I've loved and ruined it because it hasn't been as good, so I don't generally do it. It's not for me anyway to be honest, although I can understand why people do it. I've often thought maybe I should go back somewhere that was wank(like Australia), to see if I could have a good time.
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, June 20, 2016, 09:17:16 »

With a girlfriend and her son, I've been having 3 week camping holidays in Croatia every year for the last 6 years, again this year with another family. Always the last 3 weeks of the German school holidays (end August/early September). Several friends of ours from Munich will be there and it's good to meet other regulars who go every year. Normally 10 days on a naturist site on the island Pasman and then 10 days on a textile site in Pakostane. Apart from the normal beach and BBQ stuff, there are loads of different places to go on day trips by bike, boat or car. Sometimes we break up the journeys with overnight stops (Zagreb, Venice, Lake Balaton).

Luckily this year, Airbnb guests from Aberdeen staying in my place will cover the holiday costs in Croatia  Grin

« Last Edit: Monday, June 20, 2016, 09:22:07 by Munichred » Logged
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, June 20, 2016, 09:47:21 »

Normally 10 days on a naturist site on the island Pasman

Eek

TMI.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, June 20, 2016, 10:20:36 »

Normally 10 days on a naturist site on the island Pasman

Many year ago when I was a student my summer job was putting marquees up and one of our jobs was the Naturist Caravan Club of Great Britain's yearly rally. the office didn't tell us who the client was so turning up to service the marquee half way through the event way a bity of an eye opener, although the average age was 50+ and there was very little volley ball going on!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, June 20, 2016, 11:00:21 »

I should quantify that as well as going out to Turkey every year we do try and go to other places around the world as well in both England/Ireland and further afield.

We usually go to Turkey in Easter before the season starts and then if time allows after the end of the season. The local beach area is aimed at the tourists and so we prefer to go when its a bit quieter and catch up with friends etc. We know where the decent restaurants are and so its just easier really.

That said, I do love going to different places and trying new things so its the best of both worlds really!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
scillyred

« Reply #23 on: Monday, June 20, 2016, 12:33:55 »

I went to the same place on holiday for 2 fortnights a year for over 25 years, then bought a holiday home there and eventually moved here permanently - do I win  Cheesy

ps now able to holiday elsewhere - Hong Kong is our favourite, but don't go every year  Wink
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, June 20, 2016, 13:39:37 »

I went to the same place on holiday for 2 fortnights a year for over 25 years, then bought a holiday home there and eventually moved here permanently - do I win  Cheesy

ps now able to holiday elsewhere - Hong Kong is our favourite, but don't go every year  Wink
This is what I want to do but 30 is a bit soon to think about it...
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, June 20, 2016, 14:01:05 »

As sonic says, I would move and live in Turkey in a shot but its probably a bit soon. However I am nearer to 40 so it might be sooner rather than later. I guess the key is getting the mortgage on the place in London paid off so we could basically live comfortably off the rent (assuming Brexit doesn't happen) abroad.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, June 20, 2016, 14:13:13 »

I absolutely loved Scotland when I went up a few weeks ago, and I plan to go back to a few of the same places next year (gonna head to a few new places as well of course). I can see myself moving up there eventually tbh.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, June 20, 2016, 15:37:04 »

Bit of both, but horses for courses I guess.
Have revisited the same sites over the years in places like Stockholm, Madrid and Seville, but also up for new places as and when time allows.
So much to see in the UK as well.
I know people who have never been abroad and holiday somewhere different in the UK every year and never tire of it.
Will probably give the  Caledonian Way a go next summer, but main aim is to tackle the full Pembrokeshire Coastal Path one day.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, June 20, 2016, 16:30:17 »

Bit of both, but horses for courses I guess.
Have revisited the same sites over the years in places like Stockholm, Madrid and Seville, but also up for new places as and when time allows.
So much to see in the UK as well.
I know people who have never been abroad and holiday somewhere different in the UK every year and never tire of it.
Will probably give the  Caledonian Way a go next summer, but main aim is to tackle the full Pembrokeshire Coastal Path one day.

The UK and Ireland has some amazing scenery, the very north of Scotland and the West of Ireland for me a highlight but I haven't been to Wales or the Lake District, in fact there is quite a lot of the UK I haven't had the pleasure of exploring yet.

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, June 20, 2016, 16:37:29 »

The UK and Ireland has some amazing scenery, the very north of Scotland and the West of Ireland for me a highlight but I haven't been to Wales or the Lake District, in fact there is quite a lot of the UK I haven't had the pleasure of exploring yet.

You don't even need to go North. The drive from Loch Lomond, through Oban up to Loch Ness (ok that's pretty North) is stunning.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: