Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: January transfer window thread  (Read 128733 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #840 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2012, 19:19:45 »

I've just had a look and in the 2009/2010 season Paynter scored 29 goals of which 8 were penalties. I've never understood supporters who knock Billy and I've never understood supporters who discredit strikers who score loads of penalties? They still need putting away (Matt Ritchie!) and as far as i can remember he only missed one penno at Walsall?

Paynter still outscored Austin in open play but because Austin was our darling non-league find, this was overlooked and is still overlooked now. May I also remind the Paynter knockers that Billy gave us 3 years full service and warranted a move to a higher league club after scoring nearly 30 goals in a season! He left in far less acrimonious circumstances than Austin who threw a strop and demanded to leave when we were in the shit at the wrong end of League One.

Good post that,in fact a bloody good post.
dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #841 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2012, 19:23:02 »

Good post that,in fact a bloody good post.

thanks, felt angry when writing it... and relieved once it was posted! haha

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #842 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2012, 19:25:36 »

I've just had a look and in the 2009/2010 season Paynter scored 29 goals of which 8 were penalties. I've never understood supporters who knock Billy and I've never understood supporters who discredit strikers who score loads of penalties? They still need putting away (Matt Ritchie!) and as far as i can remember he only missed one penno at Walsall?

Paynter still outscored Austin in open play but because Austin was our darling non-league find, this was overlooked and is still overlooked now. May I also remind the Paynter knockers that Billy gave us 3 years full service and warranted a move to a higher league club after scoring nearly 30 goals in a season! He left in far less acrimonious circumstances than Austin who threw a strop and demanded to leave when we were in the shit at the wrong end of League One.
I cannot understand supporters who have a dig at anybody who wears the Town colours, sure some of them have the odd bad game, some more often than others, but the constant knocking of players irritates the hell out of me! The Risser situation is typical, he didn't have the best of starts but people are still prepared to have a dig at him when he is playing well.  Had to smile yesterday, the Adver match ratings made Risser the star man, yet almost alongside was a quote from a "supporter" who stated "that Risser was poor"!  Wake and smell the coffee, get behind each and every one of the team that PDC selects - onwards and upwards!!
Spud

« Reply #843 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2012, 19:26:34 »

I wouldn't want Paynter back, but that doesn't mean I didn't think he did well for us.

He dragged defenders out of position for a number of Austin's goals, not forgetting the countless flicks on etc.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #844 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2012, 19:26:59 »

If Paynter could recapture the 2009/2010 form only an idiot wouldn't take him. My point was that was his purple patch and nothing before or since suggests otherwise.

Hope that makes you angry again Wink
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #845 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2012, 19:40:48 »

I cannot understand supporters who have a dig at anybody who wears the Town colours, sure some of them have the odd bad game, some more often than others, but the constant knocking of players irritates the hell out of me! The Risser situation is typical, he didn't have the best of starts but people are still prepared to have a dig at him when he is playing well.  Had to smile yesterday, the Adver match ratings made Risser the star man, yet almost alongside was a quote from a "supporter" who stated "that Risser was poor"!  Wake and smell the coffee, get behind each and every one of the team that PDC selects - onwards and upwards!!

But Risser was poor Saturday? I'd certainly share that opinion.

I don't understand fans that won't give players a fair crack of the whip is my biggest grief. Also getting on a players back who is clearly giving their all.

I think the harshest case of verbal criticism is Magera, the guy has been stop start with injuries and hasn't even had a proper run of games. He hasn't even been able to get started.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #846 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2012, 19:46:18 »

But Risser was poor Saturday? I'd certainly share that opinion.

I don't understand fans that won't give players a fair crack of the whip is my biggest grief. Also getting on a players back who is clearly giving their all.

I think the harshest case of verbal criticism is Magera, the guy has been stop start with injuries and hasn't even had a proper run of games. He hasn't even been able to get started.

If Risser was poor then he wouldn't be in Paolo's next team,there are some right arseholes who sit in that DRS stand,that is why i wont sit in it because i would be inclined to tell them to shut the fuck up.
Risser isn't everyones cup of tea,but the manager rates him and in the words of Eric Cantona.....one bad apple dosn't mean its a bad cider Cheesy
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #847 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2012, 20:20:52 »

It's difficult for some people to have open minds on some things, I think those who think Risser is shit continue to do so because that's what they have thought and said in the past so couldn't possible be seen to be changing their minds.
Or they really do think Risser is shit and Paolo continues to pick a " Donkey with two left feet " I'll have a moan about the team proformance occasionally but not to the extent of slating individuals who give 100%.
monkey

Ignore
« Reply #848 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2012, 20:36:31 »

I have been told by a huddersfield fan that we are after joey gudjonsen.
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #849 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2012, 20:54:49 »

A Jason Scotland account on Twitter just tweeted: 'Just had a phone call that i could be going Swindon on a loan deal seems decent under di canio'

Unsure of whether it's a real account though.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #850 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2012, 20:55:16 »

Jason Scotland?  Is that real?  Loan deal.

Never knowingly overstated.
Barry Scott

« Reply #851 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2012, 20:57:02 »

I guess 8 is nearly 14.

Yes Told you so. And for the record, I don't think I would be either upset or excited by Paynter. Somewhere in the "meh - is he better than what we have?" region of emotions.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #852 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2012, 20:57:38 »

I doubt it but would really like that to be true.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #853 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2012, 20:59:28 »

haha, has someone been on his Wikipedia page already?

Full name    Jason "4000 Degrees" Kelvin Scotland
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #854 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2012, 21:03:11 »

I guess 8 is nearly 14.

thats what I tell the ladies!
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61   Go Up
Print
Jump to: