Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town -V- Brighton & Hove Albion Official Matchday Thread  (Read 35364 times)
corner

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Monday, August 9, 2010, 08:43:12 »

In Danny we trust and all that.

Yes exactly so lets end this and move on to tues night, if were still the same after ten games then we got a problem.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Monday, August 9, 2010, 09:57:55 »

I have to agree that smith could have done better with the 1st goal. Its a decent shot, but it wasnt that hard and was near post.  He seemed to react a bit slowly to me.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Monday, August 9, 2010, 10:02:34 »

Yeah he did, but he also produced a great one on one save in the 2nd half...

Or at least I think he did, I saw the shot and then I saw it ping off the other way but my view was blocked by a bloody pillar.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Monday, August 9, 2010, 11:10:44 »

I think people are being harsh about the 1st goal. It was a good strike which has gone in off the post. And to say it was the near post makes it sound like the guy's hit it from a tight angle, when he was actually on the edge of the box.
blah blah

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Monday, August 9, 2010, 11:34:34 »

For the first or second pass?

Having looked at the highlights, I must admit to initially thinking wrong. First one looks borderline, second one looks miles ON side if you're counting the winger as not interfering with play.

These pictures confirm what i remember about that 2nd goal - I think it was about the only mistake the LJF made all game. There were 3 attackers, running towards 3 defenders, with the ball with the attacker in the middle. However instead of going to close down the man with the ball, LJF left it to Rose who then left his man free and went on to set up the goal.
About the only mistake that he made all game, probably down to communication which will improve after playing a few more games together. Most of my memories of the game were about how well he & Cuthbert did at the back (apart from the dodgy moments when you thought he'd tried to do too much).

Mostly disappointed with the new signings, after the hope and optimism before the game, I need to keep telling myself that not everyone can have a debut like Sam Parkin. Best of the new guys was Dossevi, although at the start he seemed to be trying a bit too hard. Once he settles down and gets used to the physical side he will be good.

And was it just me that found telling the difference between Cuthbert, Rose, JP & Ball pretty much impossible ?
Falmer For All

« Reply #320 on: Monday, August 9, 2010, 11:51:52 »

I know Brighton have some idiot fans like every club, that like posting on other forums winding people up.

But honestly most sensible Brighton fans do NOT think we are going to win every week, I for one would be delighted with a Top 10 finish and flirting with the play offs if things go well.

I am however delighted with the weekends result obviously, beating a side that finished 3rd last season away from home is a great start, we didnt play great but neither did you, thats opening day fixtures for you.

Both sides will be vastly different i am sure in a months time when the window has shut, we will have Greer and Murray our top scorer last season available again in a week or so and Lua Lua will be in on loan, plus another striker.

Im sure DW will be getting players in for you also.

Good luck for the rest of the season.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Monday, August 9, 2010, 11:58:18 »

beating a side that finished 3rd last season away from home is a great start

Didn't realise you played Millwall at the weekend   Wink
glos_robin

« Reply #322 on: Monday, August 9, 2010, 12:07:36 »

Yeah he did, but he also produced a great one on one save in the 2nd half...

Or at least I think he did, I saw the shot and then I saw it ping off the other way but my view was blocked by a bloody pillar.
You sure that wasn't a block by Cuthbert? I don't remember Brighton forcing him to make another save other than the 2 goals.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Monday, August 9, 2010, 12:09:53 »

You sure that wasn't a block by Cuthbert? I don't remember Brighton forcing him to make another save other than the 2 goals.
I think you're right - sounds like b3nny is referring to the chance where Cuthbert (somehow) got a block in
Bert1981

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Monday, August 9, 2010, 12:28:02 »

I'm not too concerned by Saturday's events, just looked like a team still bedding down to me and with a bit of luck and a better ref the result could have been entirely different, despite us putting in a disjointed performance.

The midfield does need to be sorted though, individually we have real quality there but collectively it wasn't working. Hopefully that will come either with games or maybe changes in personnel. Ferry did inject some energy on the last 20 minutes that wasn't there before, I think we need him in the side so where does that leave Prutton?

The big positive to take from the game was the defence, like most others I though LJF was immense and MOM by a mile, he and Cuthbert could form a very strong partnership at the back. Rose looked solid enough but I would like to see Caddis at RB, don't think Amakwaah had a very good game at all but part of his problems came from JPM leaving him isolated.

Dossevi has a bit of class about him, you can see that but he's going to need to get used to the physical nature of the english game. If he does then he and Charlie could be quite a formidable strikeforce.
« Last Edit: Monday, August 9, 2010, 12:42:33 by Bert1981 » Logged
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Monday, August 9, 2010, 13:13:40 »

I think you're right - sounds like b3nny is referring to the chance where Cuthbert (somehow) got a block in
Correct, was a hell of a block
albion4eva

« Reply #326 on: Monday, August 9, 2010, 13:27:08 »

For those of you claiming offside.......

* 4873021350_8803eb00fa_m.jpg (12.78 KB, 240x180 - viewed 88 times.)
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Monday, August 9, 2010, 14:14:11 »

fuck off back to your own forum
pvsmark

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Monday, August 9, 2010, 14:39:51 »

I bet you spent every waking minute since the game trying to get that image  Roll Eyes
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Monday, August 9, 2010, 14:40:57 »

Have you got a photo of Casper taking out Charlie, or Pericard receiving the X rated tackle?  No didn't think so!

It's finished now, trot off back to own please, there's a good fella, we have bigger fish to fry.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: