Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town -V- Brighton & Hove Albion Official Matchday Thread  (Read 35358 times)
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 16:57:22 »

I didn't think it was a red card to be honest.  Like i said Austin was moving away from goal so yellow was probably the right decision.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 16:58:39 »

He was moving away, like 2 yards to the right!

I'm sure he could have rolled the ball into the empty net from the extra 2 yards of angle!
Panda Paws

« Reply #197 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 17:00:11 »

The most important thing is not to over-react. Both sides looked half-fit at best, and there was nothing between the two sides apart from some dodgy refereeing and a top goal. Neither side really created a great deal, and I think we'll both be between 5th and 8th.

Smith didnt really have a lot to do. Maybe a question mark over the goal, getting beat at the front post, but it was a good strike.

Back four were ok. Cuthbert looked solid. LJF looked good defensively but hung on the the ball at times and gives me a heart attack, he only seems a second away from a major error, but that might be a trust thing with me. The two full backs didn't really impress, particularly Rose who wanted far too much time on the ball before delivering, something a lot of players seemed guilty of.

Midfield were a mixed bag. JPM looked as good as ever and full of invention and Dougie was standard Dougie but Prutton did not impress me, and I think Ferry will take over sooner rather than later. Ball was lively at times but naive. OB barely touched the ball and looks scared. The other thing regarding the wide boys - both OB and Ball beat the RB and got clipped, but didn't go down. I don't like cheating and diving but if you get clipped go down!

Up top Austin looked quiet first half but much better after the break and deserved his goal. Dossevi looked a real handful but needs to learn the set plays and runs Wilson uses. Still wouldn't have taken him off though and I'm fed up of giving Pericard the benefit of the doubt, time, whatever you want to call it.

Ref wasn't great but wasn't as bad as some seem to think. Would like to see there second again.

Overall not too downhearted, we'll be fine and still think we'll be challenging for the top six. Just look at Soton!
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 17:15:29 by Panda Paws » Logged
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 17:00:18 »

i'm annoyingly in agreement with Dave

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 17:00:22 »

Looked a nailed on red to me too.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 17:02:04 »

Just got in from the game, which from a Swindon perspective was massively disappointing.  I hope it’s just a case of the team needing to get used to each other, but there is definitely areas for improvement.  Cuthbert was given MOM, but for me it was Jean-Francois without a shadow of a doubt.  He won absolutely everything and looked solid. 

There was definite confusion in the positions in midfield, which needs to be sorted and we didn’t play the ball out to the sides enough.  Austin was quiet until late in the second half, but in fairness didn’t have a great deal put his way.  Glad he got a goal, as that will do his confidence the world of good.  Dossevi looked lively and had some good touches, was surprised he was withdrawn at half time. 

On the whole the team looked slightly disorganized and didn’t seem to have any real leadership.  Brighton looked better in the first half, but in the second half they weren’t that good really.  They were also a bunch of cheats.  Referee and linesmen were shite and made some really poor decisions.

There are a few different people around me in the Arkells stand this season and it was not a positive experience. Someone absolutely stank of BO and there was a young lad who kept getting up, prancing around, taking calls on his phone and being a general nuisance.  To top it off the old bloke behind me moaned continually  from about the 10th minute when he decided that it was a waste of time,  we weren’t going to win and we won’t get anything at Hartlepool either.  Why do people like that spend money on a Season Ticket?

Oh well, first game over and done with. Onwards and upwards.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #201 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 17:06:12 »

I feel so much more comfortable for the rest of the season that so may are giving LJF MOM.

Was that Haitian flag unveiled as planned?
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 17:06:21 »

Happily one of the reasons i left the Arkell stand and reejoined the DRS.

Ah well differences of opinion is all good if i'm honest.  45 more games to go we'll be ok
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 17:09:51 »

LJF was indeed solid, but as Panda Paws said always looked likely to have a Jerel moment! but thankfully he didnt.

Ball disappointed me, a right footed striker on the left wing, is that ever going to work.

Prutton got in behind Brighton a few times down the left, turned back and just didnt get the cross in.

oh, and as it hasnt been bought up. I thought we should have had a penalty in the first half when Austin was tugged back as he was abouts to shoot
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 17:11:18 »

Currently sat  in the queens tap hoping to avoid milwall on the train back to londonistan.

I thought the homo's were just the better side on the day, particularly in the first half. It was always going to be tight game and it was. Gaylord were lucky to finish with 11 men and the ref was most definately biased towards the poof's.

Dossevi looks like he could be useful. Ball lookef out of his depth at times. Rose didn't impress me. Lex reminds me of Ifil without the pace (I still think he could make it though).

Prutton has a reputation but did little to stand out.

The rest did what i thougjt they would.

A disappointing result but with 45 games to go, we have everything to play for and i still have total faitj in the MANAGEMENT  and te squad.

I wrote this on my phone, sorry if it comes out shit.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #205 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 17:16:25 »

First of all the ref was a complete cunt. It was an absolute lottery which way he gave decisions. I couldn't believe it when he initally played on when the guy clattered Pericard - I'm not sure what made him stop and give the yellow - he certainly wasn't playing the advantage. How the hell wasn't it a penalty for us early in the first half when Charlie was held. Also, Ankergen was a nailed on red. Charlie was just about to pull the trigger on an open goal - how the fuck can that be anything other than a red.
Thier first goal was a good finish after some good build up play but we just watched and didn't close down at all. I'm a bit concerned by Rose's positional sense. I'm not sure about Smith but somebody in the TE should be able to give a better opinion on that.
We had a lot of bad performancers today but the midfield apart from Dougie were shit - Prutton in particular who watched the game pass him by. Austin was pretty crap and lucky not to get a second yellow when he punched the ball in the second half.
Brighton for a cheating, whinging, time wasting bunch of nob munchers were first to the second balls all game.
Hopefully it was a bad day at the office.
Oh and JFL MOM for me by a country mile. Decent performances from Douglas and Cuthbert.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 17:18:25 »

I thought Douglas was crap today!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 17:18:59 »

JPM was our midfield today
oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 17:19:44 »

Dissapointed about the result obviously, but still it's obvious there is plenty to build on. Am just as excited about our season as i was this morning. Performance not far off where it needs to be. Bit of credit to Brighton, shut us down well and scored 2 from 3 shots. (that i remember!).

Onwards and upwards.

Come on you reds.
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 17:21:41 »

Thought Rose was solid enough. Lescinel was great and my man of the Match, although he does scare me in possesion. I'm all for a centre half playing it out of defence, but does he have to take on players quite that often?

Prutton was a little dissapointing and should probably give way to Ferry, but will provide excellent cover if Douglas is injured or suspended.

Ball was also dissapointing, never seemed to be in the right place. This will come with experience I suppose.

Dossevi will be class once he's settled in I think, he certainly offered more than Charlie in the first half.

Referee was an absolute tit. Charlie was clearly pulled back in the box in the first half and he gave nothing. The challenge on Pericard looked worth a red, and although there were other players about when Charlie got pulled down, I felt it should have been a sending off as it was a clear goal scoring opportunity.

As for Brighton, they were ok but dirty. We were off colour and a draw would have been a fair result. If they continue to play like they did today they are going to need a fucking big squad to cope with the suspensions that will come their way. Not every ref in the league is going to let them get away with it.
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 17:23:22 by Barnard » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: