Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town -V- Brighton & Hove Albion Official Matchday Thread  (Read 35364 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 16:30:34 »

Charlie scoring is massive after what happened at Wembley and we gotta remember that players need time to gel. We got Caddis to come in as well.

Keepin' the faith.

Agree with that, particularly Charlie scoring. That was very important.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 16:33:43 »

I have to say how much i enjoyed that ref's performance today, he was assisted by his "friend with a flag" to make today a compelling watch. one that you had no idea which way he was going to point once he'd blown his whistle.

One thing's for sure he didn't bring his red cards otherwise el-abd and ankergren would have been enjoying some bubbles a bit earlier than planned.

A bit of a nothing performance from Town, just gotta hope that Prutton works out what he's trying to do and we don't play a rugby team week in week out

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #182 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 16:34:30 »

Disappointing start, had high hopes after my 3-0 prediction. Could need a few more games for the players to gel. I was at B'mth Poppies v Hayling United kept an eye on the score on my phone, now need to charge the battery again, couldn't believe it when 0-2 popped up. Gutted. Still there's a few games left yet. Oh and it's always good to see Charlie score

@leefer Brockenhurst 3 Poole 5 oh dear sorry
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 16:37:59 »

just got back guys and have to say that it was a dissapointing game we didnt create any chances in the first hour.

brighton scored one from about 25yards at which from were i was sitting looked as if smith flapped at it. there second we was caught on the break. brighton wernt that impressive just stopped us playing and the ref was awful.

too many balls hoofed upfront in the first half completly missing out the midfield.

dossevi was by far the better player in the first half, defence was strong apart from the two goals.

austin did nothing apart from the score and slipped up about 4-5 times

but as people say we need time to gel
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #184 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 16:40:03 »

I actually don't know what comments to make, Vic Morgan was commentating after all

I did sound as though we had a really really really really really good throw in at one point though.
timmyg

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 16:41:28 »

We didn't really get going and the midfield didn't really seem to know their roles.  Prutton looks like he wants to play where Douglas is playing, or at least didn't know quite where he was supposed to be.  I can't remember him getting the ball down and playing a forward pass too often.

Rose and Ball haven't really figured each other out yet, and Dossevi, though he worked hard and certainly looks like he's the real deal, didn't do enough apart from showing us brief glimpses of his control and passing.

Early days and I thought we deserved something out of the game, but the second goal was very soft (though well executed by Brighton) and the ref certainly didn't help things by not booking them for some terrible fouls early on or sending off the guy who went in high on Pericard or the keeper.  Bet Smith wishes he'd brought their guy down now!

Also, some people in the Town End need to chill out a bit and not moan/abuse our players the minute they miss a pass just because they're your favourite target.

never trust a nun...
woolster

« Reply #186 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 16:41:46 »

the ref was a complete cunt, we looked dis-jointed, hoofball, no midfeild, worst thing about it was, 1: brighton were just as bad as us, & 2 the atmos was worse than wembly, totally pissed off Sad
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 16:43:43 »

Within 10 minutes some kids behind me said of Dossevi "i thought he was meant to be good, he's shit" because he didn't close someone down

NYYYYYYYYYYYYAAARGH

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #188 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 16:49:10 »

Danny said that Dossevi was shocked at the physical side of it and how he was bustled constantly by their CB's. He said that Dossevi just has to get used to it and learn to expect it.

I recall Danny saying the same thing about a certain Mr. Austin after his first game (Against Charlton I believe it was)
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 16:49:52 »

Pretty much how i expected the game to be to be honest except i thought maybe a draw.

Lescinel & Cuthbert were both pretty decent at the back however our midfield was well over run today.  There didn't seem to be much urgency about our play either. Too many long balls and too much hesitation as playing the ball forward.

Dossevi was by far the best player 1st half not sure why he went off but i think he was pretty much our only field of creativity.

Austin for mew was pretty annoymous most of the game if i'm honest bar his goal.  

Now to the goals 1st goal we gave the player too much space but it was a decent finish.  The 2nd goal look off side so i'm going to comment on that again tomorrow when i see on tv.

Ankeren shouldn't have been sent off because Austin was coming away from goal when he went down. I think the ref got that right.  The rest of his refereeing was woeful though and he took far to long to stamp his authority.

Defo should have been a penalty to us i was in clear view of it and our player was literally dragged to the floor by his shirt how that was missed was beyond me.

Brighton were ok today nothing special and if they think one result will win them the league then there in for a shock.

Us we need to be more sensible with the ball. Too much longball and not enough thought into our passes and not enough of our players getting into the right position.

Positives we've only got -1 goal difference as opposed to -5. Cheesy

Not worried about the result today long season to go and Danny will sort them out
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 16:52:18 by RJack » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 16:50:14 »

well, we were fucking robbed by Brighton again. How we came out with NOTHING is beggars belief.

Brighton must have had a whole 2 shots on target and got two fucking goals. That was it. Smith didnt have another save to make, bloody annoying.

Sparrows first goal was very well taken in fairness and was a good build up.

Before that and after that - it was pretty much all Swindon. Austin turns in the box, 8 yards out abouts to score, pulled back - blatant, nothing. We didnt threaten their goal enough but we had all the play and it was mainly in Brightons half.

Last 5 minutes before half time was all us.

Second half started the same, all us in Brightons half - lacking the final ball.

Then Brighton get forward, ball gets played to Sparrow right infront of the linesman. Sparrow was a good 5 yards offside, he runs on and scores and we all look the linesman in disbelief. It was simple, it was basic and it was obvious. The linesman should be shot for that. I still cant believe it.

We finally get in behind, Austin rounds wankergran who takes him out. Yellow card? are you fucking kidding me? going round the keeper isnt a goal scoring opportunity anymore? really? really? really? fucking really? Ok, defenders were getting back, but they were behind Austin who would have been 18 yards out with an open goal fucking really? ref fucking bottled it big style, but then he was clearly Brighton 12th man. fucking really?

Brightons number 6 was a dirty player as well, all over Dossevi time and time again, nothing given against him. I was blind side to the tackle on Pericard he got booked for but it looked bloody high, late and nasty. I'll watch it again but at the time I thought he should have gone.

I still cant believe we got NOTHING from that game, at all.

...also, Brighton fans what the hell, in the pub - the table behind us couple of adults and a bunch of kids who could not have been any older than about 11, rolling up and going out for a fag? It was bizarre one of them only looked about 7?!?!

They should be giving a huge pat on the back to the lino though. Won them that game.

CUNTS
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 16:50:35 »

to be fair Dossevi was massively cunted late in the air by one of their centrebacks, then he was sat on the bench holding an icepack to his head in the 2nd half

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 16:52:20 »

Dossevi  looked lively and despite my reservatoins about him Lecs was man of the match today.

The issue was in midfiled where JPM didn't get into the game. Douglas and Prutton didn't work as a pair as their discipline in holding and shape  was lacking, Ball needs games to get into league football

Disappointing, disjointed game involving two average looking teams. Thankfully first games of the season don't often reflect the long game!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 16:52:57 »

to be fair Dossevi was massively cunted late in the air by one of their centrebacks, then he was sat on the bench holding an icepack to his head in the 2nd half

which, for the record - the spastic ref didnt give us a free kick for.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 16:53:30 »

We finally get in behind, Austin rounds wankergran who takes him out. Yellow card? are you fucking kidding me? going round the keeper isnt a goal scoring opportunity anymore? really? really? really? fucking really? Ok, defenders were getting back, but they were behind Austin who would have been 18 yards out with an open goal fucking really? ref fucking bottled it big style, but then he was clearly Brighton 12th man. fucking really?
i agree with this. even if there were defenders back austin hand the ball under control and was going to slot the ball away.

i think Lecsinel was MOM

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: