Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leyton Orient -v- Swindon Town Matchday Thread  (Read 31401 times)
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Saturday, February 27, 2010, 18:52:06 »

What a lacklustre performance today.Right from the kick off we failed to impose ourselves in
a game that was there for the taking.It was almost as if we were happy to settle for 1 pt,
rather than taking the initiative and trying to get all  three.We were stuck in 2nd gear for
most of the time and nobody was prepared to bust a gut,to get us that important win today.

There was no pattern to our play and apart from a Paynter 25 yarder we could hardly muster
a shot on target in the 2nd half.

Cuthbert is a very fine centre half,but today showed just how much we need Amankwaah or
quality cover at right back.Demetriou was their most dangerous player and he was given far
too much room on several occasions.Orient had two very good chances on the break in the
2nd half and it took two great clearances to stop them from scoring.

Lucas's handling was good and kept his concentration well.Greer put in a lot of effort,but our
full backs offered very little going forward.Wardy very quiet.

Great support,we can and will need to play much better than today during a testing march.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Saturday, February 27, 2010, 18:57:38 »

Whoever threw the flare into a wooden stand deserves a punch. No problem with flares, but not in wood stands. Seen the bradford video too many times on fire safety training courses.

It was a young lad about 5 - 6 yds to my right.Fortunately it missed the Town fans below him.
Completely stupid act and i hope somebody has a word with him.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Rich Pullen

« Reply #257 on: Saturday, February 27, 2010, 18:59:11 »

Haven't read the thread.

Draw away, win at home = Play-Offs.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Saturday, February 27, 2010, 19:10:41 »

It was a young lad about 5 - 6 yds to my right.Fortunately it missed the Town fans below him.
Completely stupid act and i hope somebody has a word with him.

He was on my tube carriage up and back, group of a dozen or so 17 yr olds, pretty sure they had more on them. Fair result i thought, they aren't a bad outfit,but they have nothing up front. Morrison mom for me looked very solid and composed. 5/10 for the game, 1/10 for their grond and facilities, absolutely shocking for a league one side. 1 toliet, right by the only snack bar, brilliant. And they ran out of everything! Thought their support was poor, but that may have been because ours was really loud, only heard the 2 or 3 times.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Saturday, February 27, 2010, 19:19:29 »

THREE Swindon Town supporters were arrested after a flare was lit and thrown towards the pitch during the second half of Saturday's match.

The Swindon supporters were housed in the East Stand, which has a wooden floor next to where the flare, which was the size of a marker pen, landed inside the old Director's Box. It briefly set fire to the segregation netting before Fire Stewards put the flames out preventing further damage being caused.

Orient stewards identified and ejected the alleged offenders and they were arrested by waiting Police officers in Brisbane Road.

A large number of Swindon Town supporters approached club staff after the game and offered to identify the perpetrators whilst the Robins directors present have asked for their details to be passed to them.

"This was the most stupid single act I have seen inside Brisbane Road, said Orient Chief Executive Matt Porter.

"These individuals endangered the lives of the 1580 supporters from both teams inside the stand with their idiotic actions and it could have ended up much, much worse.

"The Club will fully assist in the Metropolitan Police's investigation in to the incident and will be pressing for the strongest possible punishments for the offenders.

"Thanks to the Swindon supporters who offered to assist us in identifying them - they were outraged that their lives had been put in danger and want these people held to account for their actions."

[url width=320 height=278]http://www.leytonorient.com/javaImages/30/e2/0,,10439~8643120,00.jpg[/url]

http://www.leytonorient.com/page/NewsDetail/0,,10439~1979461,00.html

three arrested.
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 27, 2010, 19:25:58 by CHRIS_STFC » Logged
flammableBen

« Reply #260 on: Saturday, February 27, 2010, 19:23:10 »

Morrison mom for me looked very solid and composed.

Probably been reading too many American internet forums, but I read this sentence completely wrong the first time.
flammableBen

« Reply #261 on: Saturday, February 27, 2010, 19:27:03 »

Oh Ben, I think I love you a little bit.

You could have clicked the ... to expand the full essay!

Mark O'Donnell is brilliant, I look forward to the show around the football as much as the game itself now. Big kudos to Vic Morgan today too, he made a very dull game a fun listen. Not an easy task.

The Mark O'Donnel / Hugh McGovern BBC  facebook page today was amazing fun. Few beers helped. Got to remember that for next week. Really top stuff.

Well next week towards the end. I'll be working until 4. Sad
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Saturday, February 27, 2010, 19:29:26 »

well i thought the flare was ace, shame we cant have them at the county ground.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Saturday, February 27, 2010, 19:32:48 »

Pretty sure they weren't nicked. That lad in the blue was one of them taken out, and pretty sure he was sat next to me on the tube .  Lot of celery about today also!
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Saturday, February 27, 2010, 20:00:15 »

He was on my tube carriage up and back, group of a dozen or so 17 yr olds, pretty sure they had more on them.

They do have more, his facebook status said he one for today and a few for rovers. So Hmmm...
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Saturday, February 27, 2010, 20:05:31 »

I'm sure he'll be banned before then.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Saturday, February 27, 2010, 20:08:28 »

Morrison mom for me looked very solid and composed.

Everyone in entitled to their opinion, but I can only assume you had more pre-match beer than I eventually managed! Smiley

My opinion is he was all at 6's and 7's on a number of occasions with his man getting the better of him. He did however make a fantastic clearance after Lucas looked beat and the ball goalbound.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Saturday, February 27, 2010, 20:12:12 »

Everyone in entitled to their opinion, but I can only assume you had more pre-match beer than I eventually managed! Smiley

My opinion is he was all at 6's and 7's on a number of occasions with his man getting the better of him. He did however make a fantastic clearance after Lucas looked beat and the ball goalbound.

He wasn't too bad defensively - Orient didn't actually threaten our goal too much except towards the end. His distribution was the big let down for me. As I said, it was like having Ifil back in the side. I'd forgotten how privileged we were to have a back 4 who play it out of danger so well.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Saturday, February 27, 2010, 20:14:10 »

Well I'll have to disagree with everyone then.

Thought he had a good game Tuesday though. Not played much 1st team footy recently so maybe he was tired!
lambourn red

« Reply #269 on: Saturday, February 27, 2010, 20:21:43 »

Just got back what a crap little ground with absolutely no atmosphere from the home fans. As for the game it was very poor from both sides and as said before it was a point won not two lost. The lad who chucked the flare was a five people along from me in the same row, he chucked it and it landed about a couple of feet from my parents who were sat at the front, the old man was fuming with the stewards who took an age to try and put it out and not a fire extinguisher in site in a wooden stand.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: