Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Scunthorpe  (Read 37064 times)
The Saint

« Reply #135 on: Saturday, April 22, 2017, 18:03:51 »

So,despite many of the best players in the world now playing in the premier league, the standard of league one has gone down? Utter bollocks.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Saturday, April 22, 2017, 18:07:04 »

Adver (and Bernie) agree with you. I must have been watching a different game. The boy can pass, but that offered us nothing imo.

i think that's what Bernie was getting at, will be a good player but this team doesn't have the ability to get most out his passing range. I don't disagree if it was.

Given the total lack of movement up front I guess Colkett's only real option was to spray the ball about. Yes he did try flicks and back heels a few times too many but I actually thought he looked to put a lot of effort in today.

Completely the wrong player for us this season. Toffolo reckons he is too fancy flicks for the Championship and will likely end up back in league 1 next season.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Saturday, April 22, 2017, 18:11:38 »

Quote from: The Saint
So,despite many of the best players in the world now playing in the premier league, the standard of league one has gone down? Utter bollocks.

i don't think the talent has filtered down. How we managed to only get relagated in the penultimate game is an indicator.

i think the premier league is overrated anyway, but that's another argument.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Saturday, April 22, 2017, 18:39:04 »

i don't think the talent has filtered down. How we managed to only get relagated in the penultimate game is an indicator.

i think the premier league is overrated anyway, but that's another argument.

There are a few useful players in the Prem, but as can be seen by the last 4 in the Euro comps, the Prem only has one of the 8 clubs.

Further only 6/30 players in the Prem were shortlisted for the Ballon d'Or, and of those Pogba and Zlatan, got in becasue of what they'd done the previous season in France and Italy.

The Prem clubs hoard young talent, and thereby hinder the players' progress, any promising young players will get hoovered up from the lower leagues... I'd say it is difficult to think of say a Dele Alli type in Div 3 atm.

The Prem clubs largely look to French/Spanish football, for ready made players where it is easier to develop young talent.

German clubs to an extent are good at player developmant, but Bayern now seem to have distorted the Bundesliga as a Comp, the knock on effect of which is that no German team are involved in the Euro last 8.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Saturday, April 22, 2017, 18:44:13 »

Premier League or Western League, I'll support them.

It's done, it's not been acceptable and big problems need to be addressed but it'll take a lot more than this shit season to put me off this clusterfuck of a football club.

See you at the inevitable Supermarine friendly.
Exactamundo. Roll on the summer transfer rumours.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Saturday, April 22, 2017, 18:53:56 »

What on earth did the physio do?
The physio left about 6 weeks ago to head up a medical team at Cardiff City (?).
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Saturday, April 22, 2017, 19:08:08 »

Worst run Swindon Town FC ever...FACT !!!!
That's bollocks. It may well be one of the worst teams ever, but to say the club as a whole is the worst run ever just demonstrates a total lack of perspective. It's been far worse run than this in the last few years, never mind ever.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Saturday, April 22, 2017, 19:08:34 »

The physio left about 6 weeks ago to head up a medical team at Cardiff City (?).
Should definitely sack him for that, that has to be breach of contract Smiley
Panda Paws

« Reply #143 on: Saturday, April 22, 2017, 19:23:14 »

Premier League or Western League, I'll support them.

It's done, it's not been acceptable and big problems need to be addressed but it'll take a lot more than this shit season to put me off this clusterfuck of a football club.

See you at the inevitable Supermarine friendly.

Exactly. 
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Saturday, April 22, 2017, 19:25:15 »

Should definitely sack him for that, that has to be breach of contract Smiley
Power probably got a fat wedge in a transfer fee for him!
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Saturday, April 22, 2017, 19:28:58 »

It's all very well saying things have been worse than this in the last 15 years, but it's now that matters.

It's understandable that supporters are going to be  upset that we've been relegated and fundamentally the buck stops with Power whatever people's thoughts on him are.

I heard today that less than 2,000 season tickets have been sold.  That along with long term supporters (and I'm talking 30/40 years plus who've seen it all) giving up clearly shows the way feeling is.  It's incredibly sad.

nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Saturday, April 22, 2017, 19:46:15 »

Power is responsible for the poor recruitment, the failure to change the managerial situation with a couple of rookie coaches clearly way out of their depth, a deliberate policy of alienating local media, the ludicrous involvement of his mate Tactics Tim, and the fact that large sector of the supporter base won't put money into stfc when they think the money is going straight into his pocket. All of that has led to a completely avoidable relegation from the weakest League 1 in years.
His transformation of what could have been a Championship team into a Division 4 team, who a significant proportion of the supporter base think, could be dropping like a stone into non league should be making him ashamed. Sadly as long as his bank balance is boosted by flogging off Vigoroux it is hard to see he is more worried about our relegation than by the fact that Millwall got dicked at home by the Pox.

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Saturday, April 22, 2017, 19:50:54 »

That was terrible. No passion. No fight. Down with a whimper. Only thing i am happy about is the fact it's all done and dusted and we can all look forward to a summer without shitty football.
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Saturday, April 22, 2017, 19:52:08 »

Power is responsible for the poor recruitment, the failure to change the managerial situation with a couple of rookie coaches clearly way out of their depth, a deliberate policy of alienating local media, the ludicrous involvement of his mate Tactics Tim, and the fact that large sector of the supporter base won't put money into stfc when they think the money is going straight into his pocket. All of that has led to a completely avoidable relegation from the weakest League 1 in years.
His transformation of what could have been a Championship team into a Division 4 team, who a significant proportion of the supporter base think, could be dropping like a stone into non league should be making him ashamed. Sadly as long as his bank balance is boosted by flogging off Vigoroux it is hard to see he is more worried about our relegation than by the fact that Millwall got dicked at home by the Pox.

Good post, sums the whole situation up perfectly.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Saturday, April 22, 2017, 19:54:03 »

http://truststfc.tv/sam-morshead-after-a-season-of-neglect-what-is-there-to-look-forward-to/
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: