Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Scunthorpe  (Read 37087 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Saturday, April 22, 2017, 16:36:08 »

Just back.

Bottle job of a game that an early dodgy goal set the tone for. Honestly looked like an end of season mid table clash where not a fuck was given to the result. Hard to pick twat of the match, Colket, Ajose , Thomas or Barry. Oh wait the incredible shrinking Gladwin, he was well up there (or down there)

Thank fuck the season is over. I can spend the Charlton money on the Joshua fight. I'mmmm freee, freeeeeee.

PS. Has Williams been sacked yet?
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Saturday, April 22, 2017, 16:36:26 »

Parkin:
- Power suggested Obika and Thompson might go
- Thompson deserves to go
- Thought Obika would become a fans favourite for years but injury has ravaged him and he's likely to go
- Vigs deserves to go
- Interesting to hear Power say he will still be here.
- Hope we come back from pre-season with a spine that can challenge for promotion
- Instinct says there has to be a change in coach or the style he employs. Something has to give in L2. Thinks Luke is a talented coach. But there has to be a change in the coach or the philosophy
- No divine right to get out of L2
- Sure that we will see players like Dion Conroy come to the fore

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Saturday, April 22, 2017, 16:38:31 »

Williams has to be out of a job tomorrow?
This has got to be the worst Town team in my life time.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Saturday, April 22, 2017, 16:39:09 »

Hodgetts, we should be a big fish next season

The background to the next few months will now be is Power able/willing to make the necessary changes required to keep our league status.

I'd like to see a win at Whaddon Road.....
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Saturday, April 22, 2017, 16:40:01 »

I'd like to see a win at Whaddon Road.....

I was just thinking the same thing

I come from a land down-under
adje

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Saturday, April 22, 2017, 16:43:45 »

It just seems altogether more hopeless than the last time we went down.i think mainly because it has been a really poor division and also the main thought is not about coming back up but going down again

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Saturday, April 22, 2017, 16:46:22 »

The cheer when the tannoy woman said the players wouldn't be coming back out on the pitch spoke volumes. Personally I'd like a guarantee that that applies permanently for most of them.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #97 on: Saturday, April 22, 2017, 16:48:02 »

Power:

- Next year: Need a strong squad to bounce back quickly
- Power wont leave. Is here for the long haul
- This club shouldnt be in L2
- Recruitment: Change in transfer policy didnt help. Reason we went down was recruitment wasnt good enough.
- Genuine concerns after Oxford games
- MK and Wimbledon games writing was on the wall. Whole season has been poor
What fucking change in transfer policy? The first Scum game was early enough in the season and you did fuck all. The second game saw your mate go on the piss, miss the game and then afterwards we found out Williams was back in charge.
Why the fuck would anyone believe a word this cunt says. We've heard it all before.
As for todays game a total bottle job. Ince, yet again was our midfield. Colkett, Gladwin and Thomas yet again were total wank and weve got two more years of that cunt Thomas.
I am sick and fucking tired of STFC. I love the instititution but I hate just about everyone connected at the club.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Saturday, April 22, 2017, 16:48:43 »

Just back.

Bottle job of a game that an early dodgy goal set the tone for. Honestly looked like an end of season mid table clash where not a fuck was given to the result. Hard to pick twat of the match, Colket, Ajose , Thomas or Barry. Oh wait the incredible shrinking Gladwin, he was well up there (or down there)

Thank fuck the season is over. I can spend the Charlton money on the Joshua fight. I'mmmm freee, freeeeeee.

PS. Has Williams been sacked yet?

I know opinions are like arseholes but I thought after a shaky start that Colkett was excellent today. His passing was pinpoint and he was always looking to make things happen. I was staggered he was taken off.

Ince is like a limousine footballer. Shame we won't see him again. Gladwin and Ajose were useless today and Obika wasn't a lot better.

Can see why Scunthorpe are so high up. Organised, strong and incisive. Their tactic of getting into the box with 4 passes was much more effective than ours with 20.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
doomster

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Saturday, April 22, 2017, 16:50:57 »

National League here we come.  
I will return once powers gone.  
So glad i saved the 600 on season tickets this year

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Saturday, April 22, 2017, 16:51:04 »

Reg was right. That is all.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Saturday, April 22, 2017, 16:51:26 »

More than a little surprised that Williams still appears to be Manager.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Saturday, April 22, 2017, 16:52:35 »

More than a little surprised that Williams still appears to be Manager.
By the sounds of it, so is he. Doubt that situation will persist much into May.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Saturday, April 22, 2017, 16:53:24 »

Hodgetts, we should be a big fish next season
What the fuck does Hodgetts know about football . . . or fishing!
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Saturday, April 22, 2017, 16:53:50 »

Power has let the club down, Williams (and Embleton) have let the club down, the players have let the club down.  Today's display summed up the season and is why we've been relegated to League 2. Clueless and wasteful with the ball and a number of the players looking decidedly uninterested.  The fact that Ince got mom yet again sums it up. Massively disappointing, but not surprised we slid out of League 1 without a real fight.

Bollocks of a season.

It's all very well Power being devastated, but if he had genuine concerns after the Oxford game, why not act then? The only way next season won't be a repeat of this is if he has learned from his mistakes and changes his approach completely.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: