Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Jeremy Clarkson  (Read 7333 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Saturday, February 7, 2009, 20:06:31 »

When the BBC pay a talentless twat like Ross £6m a year to fawn over superstarts while abusing innocent parties then they're always going to be open to challenge.

[url width=235 height=175]http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x291/alkorahil/DownWithThatSortOfThing.jpg[/url]
flammableBen

« Reply #61 on: Saturday, February 7, 2009, 20:13:01 »

If you don't have kids or don't send them to school should you pay for education? Similar thing for the NHS?

Over the however many decades of it's existence, the BBC has been responsible important cultural, educational, entertainment productions.

It's not as essential as Education or Health, and it does make mistakes, but it's still a brilliant public service.

leefer

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Saturday, February 7, 2009, 20:18:18 »

When the BBC pay a talentless twat like Ross £6m a year to fawn over superstarts while abusing innocent parties then they're always going to be open to challenge.

Now why didnt i phrase it like that....if millions of people are paying £100 a year i think its right that idiots like Clarkson are braught to book...though i must admit the beeb do some ace stuff...as Ben points out it does some great stuff,not just on tv,ive been listening to test cricket this week(for my sins)along with the afternoon play on 4 which i can recomend....and not forgeting The Archers.
flammableBen

« Reply #63 on: Saturday, February 7, 2009, 20:20:17 »

I have to admit to The Archers being a bit of a guilty pleasure leefer.

Also, if we didn't have the BBC, who would broadcast the Shipping Forecast?

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Saturday, February 7, 2009, 20:20:28 »

yeah it is ben,i dont despute that.your question about education could raise a good debate too.
anybody could watch and listen to almost everything on the bbc for nothing now due to the internet.my parents and i had a debate on this recently and they said almost the same os you ben on this issue.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #65 on: Saturday, February 7, 2009, 20:26:49 »

another thing that i think is wrong,is that even if you do not wish to view bbc channels you still have to pay.how can that be fair?

Tell you what's even more unfair, paying for channels you want to watch and then having to sit through too many adverts. This is exactly why Sky is a rip off.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Saturday, February 7, 2009, 20:50:48 »

If anyone tried to dismantle the BBC, I'd kick them squarely in the bollocks.  I too regret the fact that Jonathan Ross is overpaid, but let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater.  It is a great institution with a noble past and (I hope) a successful future.  Most of us would miss it terribly if it were gone.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Saturday, February 7, 2009, 21:01:00 »

If anyone tried to dismantle the BBC, I'd kick them squarely in the bollocks.  I too regret the fact that Jonathan Ross is overpaid, but let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater.  It is a great institution with a noble past and (I hope) a successful future.  Most of us would miss it terribly if it were gone.

I think in the rapidly changing world of media, Auntie has probably had her day...I'd fully expect to see her go within say 10 years.
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Saturday, February 7, 2009, 21:05:35 »

If the BBC became defunct then we could send Clarkson out in a leaky dinghy in the middle of the Atlantic to do the shipping forecast !?
flammableBen

« Reply #69 on: Saturday, February 7, 2009, 21:06:18 »

I think in the rapidly changing world of media it still has a pretty important roll to play, they're doing pretty well with the website and stuff like iplayer.

I am rather pessimistic about it's future though. I'm surprised it hasn't been sold off already with the continuing privatisation of stuff over the last couple of decades.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Sunday, February 8, 2009, 10:27:10 »

If you don't have kids or don't send them to school should you pay for education?

You went to school, now you pay for the next person to do so.

And the beeb is great, I use it everyday without fail and I am happy to pay the licence fee for it.
ST_INC

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Sunday, February 8, 2009, 11:26:49 »

The licence fee is £139.50. Thats 38p a day. For that you get 6 or 7 tv channels, loads of
radio channels plus all the local ones. Website,  iplayer etc. And no adverts.

I think the BBC is great value. long may it continue.

Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Sunday, February 8, 2009, 11:39:25 »

There's a place for public service broadcasting but they need to sort out their news/current affairs coverage big time.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Sunday, February 8, 2009, 11:53:56 »

I think in the rapidly changing world of media, Auntie has probably had her day...I'd fully expect to see her go within say 10 years.

Always amazed me that Thatcher sold off everything in the 80's except the BBC.  The one thing that should of been made to pay its way.

Clems Army!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Sunday, February 8, 2009, 11:55:52 »

Exclusive: first picture of Ironside's candidate to sort out BBC News and Current Affairs

[url width=335 height=225]http://www.psywarrior.com/LordHHWilliamJoyce.jpg[/url]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: