Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Grimsby vs Swindon, build up and match day  (Read 8641 times)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Sunday, April 21, 2024, 15:26:23 »

I’d assumed that they gave Gunning the job because (despite what they said) they knew promotion was unlikely & Gav was the cheap option.

If they give him the job full time, despite even worse results than Flynn, then they are clearly not interested in progressing the club.

For me, that would be the final straw
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Sunday, April 21, 2024, 15:32:01 »

After decent results in his previous caretaker spells it was always worth giving Gav an extended chance imo

Results haven’t been good enough over all & we should be looking to move on
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Sunday, April 21, 2024, 16:11:25 »

Sacking Flynn was probably the right decision due to what we were seeing, however if you would have given me the choice of Flynn or Gunning knowing the players that we had lined up in January, i would have preffered to give Flynn a chance with those players rather than our loans liason on an interim basis for nearly half the season.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Sunday, April 21, 2024, 20:28:25 »

Agreed
Flynn was just short of an Angus Mcdonald type and the new CDM player at the start of the season
Town would have been at least in the play off's now.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Sunday, April 21, 2024, 21:35:27 »

If they give him the job full time, despite even worse results than Flynn, then they are clearly not interested in progressing the club.

For me, that would be the final straw

Staggering isn’t it. It’s one thing being terrible. It’s another to show such contempt for the fanbase that you appoint somebody who is proven to not yet be up to the job.

Genuine risk of relegation with Gunning at the helm. Appoint a proper manager, give him a proper budget and proper staff, or f*** off.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Sunday, April 21, 2024, 21:48:22 »

I am not particularly convinced that anyone in a decision making capacity at the club gives two fucks what the team perform like.  It seems like we are adrift, heading towards the waterfall after we've sold all our paddles to passing boats, while drilling holes in our own boat to see what happens.
cdakev

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Monday, April 22, 2024, 07:15:31 »

Agreed
Flynn was just short of an Angus Mcdonald type and the new CDM player at the start of the season
Town would have been at least in the play off's now.

Totally agree
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Monday, April 22, 2024, 08:34:58 »

Strange game for me.

If we could of made three decent passes in the game we could and should of scored a few.

Gave the ball away cheap...gave them the goals (the second a real pearler) and huffed and puffed.

The subs he made were baffling.

Clems Army!
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Monday, April 22, 2024, 09:01:08 »

Gunning will be appointed.
Mass exodus pre season. Agent Paul Nicholls will be busy filling a few cheap options and the rallying call will be about the progression of the Youth team and how we are going to see a team full of home grown talent.
Meanwhile our FL status will be hanging by a thread.

When will this fucking misery end?
Worst I have ever felt supporting this Club. The day every single one of these wankers have left the Club then we can get back to enjoying it again.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Monday, April 22, 2024, 09:14:48 »

Mass exodus pre season. Agent Paul Nicholls will be busy filling a few cheap options and the rallying call will be about the progression of the Youth team and how we are going to see a team full of home grown talent.

Worst I have ever felt supporting this Club. The day every single one of these wankers have left the Club then we can get back to enjoying it again.
Should we make anything of the quite direct link between Paul Nicholls and  Power? Both good friends of Keith Cousins. Albeit football circles can be quite small.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Monday, April 22, 2024, 09:18:07 »

Is that based upon gut feeling or based upon snippets of info?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Monday, April 22, 2024, 10:09:32 »

Is that based upon gut feeling or based upon snippets of info?

I'd imagine the latter. I've heard similar noises.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Monday, April 22, 2024, 10:20:31 »

If they appoint Gunning its the biggest fuck you to the fans yet from Clem.

Giving him such a long interim period was bad enough. However even Clem said they would review results. There is no way you can spin results or selection/play as a success across that period.

There is a lot to get angry about at this club, but its making me livid to even consider that Gunning will be given the gig. While they may have pulled the wool over our eyes with other appointments and suggestion they have learned their lessons, appointing Gunning suggests they don't even care about pretending to want the club to progress.

I hope the rumours and whispers some of you are hearing are all false on this matter.

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Monday, April 22, 2024, 11:14:51 »

However even Clem said they would review results. There is no way you can spin results or selection/play as a success across that period.

Especially when you were trying to push we still had a chance of the play offs based on expected results.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Monday, April 22, 2024, 11:16:31 »

Especially when you were trying to push we still had a chance of the play offs based on expected results.

Correct, something Gunning himself was really pushing at the 'fans forum'.

Anyone who has spoken to any of the players knows how bad Gunning is as a manager.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: